Name:	20220918_144925.jpg
Views:	740
Size:	227.7 KB
ID:	357026

Comment

• Comment

• Attached Files

Comment

• Anyone using a 2S Life pack to power the RX and LED lighting? I don't trust the UBEC in here.

Comment

• Instruction sheet that comes with the plane says no more than 5.5V.

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post
              Instruction sheet that comes with the plane says no more than 5.5V.
              I noticed the UBEC gets pretty hot, that's why I don't trust it converting 25V to 5.5V. I'll put in a rx pack with a better BEC.

Comment

• Not a bad idea

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Attached Files

Comment

• I was cleaning up the wiring and I must have mixed up a connection. Now I’m having a sequence problem with the rear set of the nose gear doors. The rear set of doors starts to close before the nose gear starts to retract. Which means the doors are rubbing against the retract. Can anyone tell me or take a picture of the control box showing me where these front gear and door wires go? The plane is new to me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lwrandall View Post
                            I was cleaning up the wiring and I must have mixed up a connection. Now I’m having a sequence problem with the rear set of the nose gear doors. The rear set of doors starts to close before the nose gear starts to retract. Which means the doors are rubbing against the retract. Can anyone tell me or take a picture of the control box showing me where these front gear and door wires go? The plane is new to me.
                            Solved

Comment

• Hello folks. I just got the new V2 T-45. Where do y'all place the battery? I have an Admiral 6000 almost all the way back, and it's still nose heavy. Any suggestions? Thanks all!

Comment

• I looked at the pictures in the thread on RCG and no one has theirs all the way back. Are you sure you have the right point to check?

Interesting that the manual on Motions site still shows the version with slats.

Comment

• Yes, I'm going with the point that the manual says. Most of what I'm seeing out there is for the V1 version, so the CG is going to be completely different on this one, I'm sure

Comment

• Originally posted by AZFlyer View Post
                                    Hello folks. I just got the new V2 T-45. Where do y'all place the battery? I have an Admiral 6000 almost all the way back, and it's still nose heavy. Any suggestions? Thanks all!
                                    AZFlyer, go to the 8min 15sec mark in this video and you'll see his 6k admiral pack aligned with the back of the battery board: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6TiygLOYIgY

Once you set your battery placed as in the vid, check your CG to see how far it is from the V1 CG. I've got a v1 that had since 2019 and it still gets regular visits to the airfield. I've upgraded to 8s, which was better, but still a bit sluggish, so instead of going up to 9 or 10s I the 6s 1835kv motor back in, but flew it on 7s. MUCH MORE SPEED AND POWER. Topped out at 127mph on a downhill run and 121 straight and level. Vertical was like never seen by any T-45. Give the upgrade a try after you master the stock setup.

As for the pic, I balanced my T45 with my fingers placed where you see the red circle. Right on the forward edge of that screw holding in the landing gear. Balance it with the gear down. You'll notice the gear door in the way, but there's still a bit of room for you to get your finger on that edge of the screw.
                                    Attached Files

Comment

• Thanks Dougcarr73. Is that the V1 you're referring to? I think the CG would be considerably different from this one, because of the lack of slats. That's going to make a big difference, it would seem to me. Thoughts? Thanks!

Comment

• The wing shape and area are the same so CG should be very close between the two.

Comment

• Similar to Evan’s comment, I believe the CGs are near identical. If it wasn’t so, there would’ve been much more buzz about it in blogs, forums, MotionRC’s manual updates, and more. It’s been crickets, so use the V1 settings.

Comment

Working...
                                          X