Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I put the battery where James said to put in the video, and it flies great there. So, no worries. Seems to me like the manual CG point is too far forward.

Regarding the wing area and shape: The weight of the airplane is much lighter, and it has a different motor of different weight, so that's going to make the CG different than the V1.

Comment

• No, it may change where you put the battery to achieve the balance but not the CG point itself.

Originally posted by AZFlyer View Post
      I put the battery where James said to put in the video, and it flies great there. So, no worries. Seems to me like the manual CG point is too far forward.

Regarding the wing area and shape: The weight of the airplane is much lighter, and it has a different motor of different weight, so that's going to make the CG different than the V1.

Comment

• Hey Pilots.....as far as CG goes this is where I have the SMC 6200 placed,it's about a 1/2 inch off the back of the battery tray and comes in at 836g a little lighter than the 6000 pro in James's video,so on a heavier pack I would say that the back of the tray is a great place to start.

Comment

• Welcome aboard IceMan! Merry Christmas!

Comment

• My steering tiller arm snapped this past weekend and I need to replace it. I have removed both of the grub screws on the strut and the grub screw on the tiller arm. I have pulled and pulled and the strut won’t budge. Is there a secret screw I am missing or do I need to disassemble the retract unit? Thank you for your help.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lwrandall View Post
              My steering tiller arm snapped this past weekend and I need to replace it. I have removed both of the grub screws on the strut and the grub screw on the tiller arm. I have pulled and pulled and the strut won’t budge. Is there a secret screw I am missing or do I need to disassemble the retract unit? Thank you for your help.
              Take a look in one of the set screw holes and see if it has some loctite stuck to the shaft, from what I remember when I used to have mine, sometimes they use loctite, on some they don't, had that happen many times on some models.

Comment

• Just finished my repaint ..gonna maiden thise week ..love the detail on this jet
                Attached Files

Comment

• How did you paint the underside?

Comment

• The nose navy blue wraps around underneath and the main wings paint the same on the underneath everything else stayed white .

Comment

• Originally posted by BadClams View Post
                      How did you paint the underside?
                      He turned it upside- down!! (sorry I just couldn't resist that)

By the way YF22's paint job looks fantastic. I have V1, stock. Here's the fullsize at CLE air show 2021. I wish the model had a full-flying stab.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20210904_112308.jpg
Views:	625
Size:	218.8 KB
ID:	368578

Name:	20210904_112612.jpg
Views:	630
Size:	196.1 KB
ID:	368576
                      Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

• Originally posted by themudduck View Post

He turned it upside- down!! (sorry I just couldn't resist that)

By the way YF22's paint job looks fantastic. I have V1, stock. Here's the fullsize at CLE air show 2021. I wish the model had a full-flying stab.

Name:	20210904_112308.jpg
Views:	625
Size:	218.8 KB
ID:	368578

Name:	20210904_112612.jpg
Views:	630
Size:	196.1 KB
ID:	368576
                        Great pics!

Comment

• Is there a separate thread for turbine conversions on this plane?

Comment

• First of all, greetings to everyone from Croatia.
                            A few days ago I became the proud owner of a new Freewing T-45 Goshawk !!
                            My second EDF! Until 7-8 months ago, I did not fly EDFs.
                            After the initial joy, a cold shower followed!?
                            After I assembled the plane, connected all the servos, it turned out that the left elevator servo was faulty! It's not working properly.
                            New plane, out of the box, just assembled and ... The servo is not working properly!?
                            Not really, but I'm a little disappointed.
                            Looks like my bad luck.
                            But let's move on!! Only positive thoughts!! ;-)
                            But all this made me think that instead of ordering and installing a new original stock Freewing 17g servo,
                            maybe I should buy two better quality servos of the same dimensions that could be installed without additional modifications to the tail.
                            My question for those of you who have been flying the T-45 for a long time, has anyone done the replacement of the stock servo 17g on the elevator
                            with some other servos of similar dimensions so that they can be installed without major additional modifications to the tail??
                            And which ones?
                            Do you have any recommendations, what would be the best to buy to replace those stock servos??
                            They don't have to be top of the top, best in the world, the important thing is that they are better quality and more reliable than Frewing's ones.

Thanks in advance for the advice and help.

I'm hoping for a maiden soon. :-)

Predrag
                            Croatia​

Comment

• Maiden flight yesterday on this T-45. My thoughts on it.

Version 2, it’s a heavy airframe, has a 90mm but at cruise likes 70% throttle thus it eats batteries, 5000 Admirals 3:30 and you better be in the break for landing. SMC 5300’s 4:00 and battery was on the upper end of 3.8 per cell, could probably go a tad longer. Has a speed brake but it’s not needed, pull throttle back and she slows rapidly and nicely. I set the plane up per the book and flew on low rate. Predictable and very easy to see. Takeoff and landing are nice. Hope this links works.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	DE639DB1-EA05-4EF9-A24D-40868D103CB5.jpg
Views:	407
Size:	84.9 KB
ID:	376792 Here’s a heads up on the T-45 V2 I just built. With a battery installed, the left main strut barely moved under the weight of the jet. The right main strut compressed quite a bit. The difference caused the jet to sit crooked and the left side strut felt very stiff. After working with Motion on this (good experience) and reviewing videos and on-line reviews, I believed the very stiff strut to be the problem. What I found was the springs in the struts were different lengths with the stiff strut spring being much longer. With parts Motion sent, my springs now match and the jet is level. There’s also plenty of travel left to absorb the landing. Just fyi.

Comment

• I have the Freewing T-45 V2 and will do the maiden soon. Is a flap to elevator mix required for this jet?

Comment

• Originally posted by gentile View Post
                                    I have the Freewing T-45 V2 and will do the maiden soon. Is a flap to elevator mix required for this jet?
                                    I am using zero elevator mix with the flaps on this plane, I just haven't needed any. Its very well behaved.

Dirty configuration (flaps and gear) slows the plane down a lot. The slats (V1) slow it down a lot more - the speed brake is also effective. Do not come in with the throttle idle if you're using any of these devices. If you don't keep the throttle up you can fall out of the sky. Also, this plane really uses the battery up quickly. Keep your first flights short and monitor your battery to determine what your flight times should be. My timer is set for 4 minutes (I use 6250 packs).
                                    Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

• This is my old V1 T45, I started this back in 2016, gradually doing a bit more until I recently finished it. It was originally going to just be a repaint for my old eyes, but it got more and more scale as time went on.
                                      it is now glassed with 25g cloth and Jepe Jets EPO fast foam system, stock landing light moved to the nose cone, glassed balsa control surfaces, wing fences, vortex generators and ventral fins all fabricated. Airbrakes are removed and the humps in the exhaust cut out.

It's powered by a Schubeler DS51 HET 700 68 1400 on 10S.
                                      Attached Files

Comment

• Great work, Alphonso. Amazing.

Comment

• Thank-you, it has been flown, despite 4.2kg AUW, it is quick and stays up for quite a bit longer than it ever did as the T45. I loved the stock plane, nothing looks quite as good on landing approach.

Comment

Working...
                                          X