X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post
    One strut, one pin, one axle. The only difference is the gear door. Please sell your Stinger90, you will never be satisfied with it.
    Yep your correct. I think I got confused because I just noticed, after the maiden today, that my left wheel is crooked and not even close to straight. The ground spots on the pin are not parallel with the centerline of the plane and one of the phillips head screws in the strut was missing on top of that. I got the strut to operate smoothly, but now need to ground the pins to the correct angle to get the wheel to track straight and find a screw to replace the missing one. So my maiden take off seemed kinda long and I bet it's because I was dragging the left wheel. You guys are right this is one of the best flying planes from freewing. Once I get the gear straight I'm gonna go to 8s and an APD 120Amp esc. If you fly edf's and you haven't heard of APD out of Australia they are very good esc's that weigh in at 24g for the 120amp without wires or have the need for a heatsink. I didn't believe it either, but I'm running one on 8s with a jp hobby 90mm in a Sebart Mini Avanti in 90+ degree temperatures and high humidity without problems.
    Attached Files

Comment

• Has anyone done a turbine conversion , I have thefreewing avanti with a Xicoy 45 turbine in it and I have ordered the kit version and going to set it up and just swap the turbine from model to model

Comment

• Originally posted by leithalweapon View Post
        This is a pic of the broken pin next to a pin from my Sebart mini avanti. As you can see there is absolutely no bending. The Sebart pin did bend like it should, because it was designed and built with the correct hardness. The Freewing pin was designed and manufactured out of metal far to brittle. That's what I meant when I said it's a design problem.
        I guess I will contact Alpha, but I'm sceptical after buying a Mig29 at the first pre order and having one of the first nose dive experiences early on and nobody believing me. I was called inexperienced and a bad pilot until it happened to others. Kinda got the same vibe when I made the warranty claim on the pin.
        The pin on my Stinger broke pretty much in the same spot. Happened on a landing which was not perfect, but not so bad that i would expect the pin to break.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	freewing nose gear pin.jpeg
Views:	238
Size:	53.8 KB
ID:	335848

Comment

Working...
        X