Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ron1950 View Post
    I like it. but I hate to paint lol

btw cva59 what did they say at motion? I told tom about it once and nothing happened
    They basically said it's on me, there is no warranty and too much time has passed since I purchased it back on Nov. 24th 2018.

EAA# 1366802
    AMA# 631508

https://vf59.weebly.com/

Comment

figures they have been told by me at least twice but they would never do anything about it....I told Tom once and another time I told one of the phone customer service guys

Comment

figures they have been told by me at least twice but they would never do anything about it....I told Tom once and another time I told one of the phone customer service guys
        I hear ya, I had hoped they would at least just shoot me out a replacement fuse but no luck. I was told I need to fix it myself which I can do and that's not a issue. The part that has discouraged me is that this is clearly a defect the design resulting in an extremely weak point that could cause the total lose of the air frame. I was only able fly it a handful of times before I discovered the separation during my pre flight inspection. Landings were smooth with no issues so apparently it's only held together at this point with nothing more than the strength of an egg shell. Otherwise the plane is a blast to fly.

EAA# 1366802
        AMA# 631508

Comment

Hi guys, I read that someone told me twice about this? I don't recall hearing anything about this. I went back and check my PMs, emails, and out ticket system about found nothing. Please PM me the details. I'd love to look into this. If you called, please send me the phone # you called from and approximately when you called so I can look it up in our call reporting software. Most importantly, please send me a description of your issue.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom.MotionRC View Post
            Hi guys, I read that someone told me twice about this? I don't recall hearing anything about this. I went back and check my PMs, emails, and out ticket system about found nothing. Please PM me the details. I'd love to look into this. If you called, please send me the phone # you called from and approximately when you called so I can look it up in our call reporting software. Most importantly, please send me a description of your issue.
            Hi Tom. PM just sent to you. Thank you sir.

EAA# 1366802
            AMA# 631508

Comment

I got two of these recently. I first got one for my 13 year old as his first EDF. He has been flying the snot out of it. Recently won the longest flight trophy at eJet fest down in Lakeland, FL with a 12:17 flight on the Admiral 4S 3600 Pro with it. Great transition EDF.... Then, I got another for my 9 year old. I maidened it for him Saturday and it flew great. Got him some stick time on it with a buddy box. Both boys have taken on the daily flight challenge and the youngest is at 251 days while the 13 year old is on day 233. The Rebel brothers! LOL

Comment

Steve id recommend that you take some clear lexan and reinforce the seam at the front of the intake...similar to the bae hawk, I just put a 90 degree bend in it and gorillia glued it into place...a rough landing will break the entire nose off this plane as there is no glue on the side seam at all which makes it very weak...Tom told me that they will look into fixing this weak area and that it was made before motion started selling this plane...great flying sport jet though and u cant beat the price lol

Comment

All I can say is MRC is the best!!! These guys are what "customer service" is all about! Thanks!

EAA# 1366802
                  AMA# 631508

Comment

tested my lexan fix on my rebel today dropped it in from about 2 feet on 2 flights and no separation at all at the front joint...thanks Tom

Comment

to reinforce by the air intake I use 30 min epoxy inside the battery bay applied thinly with an old brush, its like creating an eggshell, an inch and a half or so either side should work fine. If you need to add nose weight I added mine using fishing lead granules set in epoxy in the nose cone BEFORE I glued it in place, you need to add the amount to suit the chosen battery but this way you will use less. I bought the artf version and have fitted an FMS 12blade 4s fan with 70amp predator esc, oleos all round, 60gms lead in the nose ( 2 oz) all up weight inc 2650mah nanotech =1450 gms cg 95mm from wing front joint, thrust 1600gms wing loading 70gms/dm2 or 24oz/sq ft. power to weight ratio 1.1 to 1

Comment

So, I have a couple of 4S 2.7-3Ah batteries with good C-rating needing something to power. :Confused:
                        After a browse around I have now ordered the Rebel, looking forward to see it perform as an semi-advanced trainer for a very good price. :Cool:

Comment

a guy over on rcg showed his new paint job on his rebel ..it looked so good and I had nothing better to do so I stripped the decals that were left on mine ( package tape takes them
                          Click image for larger version  Name:	orange.jpg Views:	0 Size:	143.1 KB ID:	205143 off with no sweat at all) and taped it off and painted mine similar to his..waiting on some decals just to dress it up some.. cant take credit for the style but I am happy with it.

Comment

a guy over on rcg showed his new paint job on his rebel ..it looked so good and I had nothing better to do so I stripped the decals that were left on mine ( package tape takes them
                            Click image for larger version Name:	orange.jpg Views:	0 Size:	143.1 KB ID:	205143 off with no sweat at all) and taped it off and painted mine similar to his..waiting on some decals just to dress it up some.. cant take credit for the style but I am happy with it.
                            Looks real good Ron!

EAA# 1366802
                            AMA# 631508

Comment

ordered decals on the 7th … shipped on the 9th ,,
                              and they are still in Chicago on the 15th ,,
                              we have such a great postal system

Comment

decals are still in chi town tonight which is the 19th asked motion when do u declare that they are lost in the mail and was told they have to wait 14 business days before they can replace them...wonder if Saturdays count as a business day with the post office as they are open... why does this always happen when you are waiting on stuff to finish a project? lol

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	rebel.jpg Views:	0 Size:	160.8 KB ID:	207618Click image for larger version  Name:	rebel painted.jpg Views:	0 Size:	135.4 KB ID:	207619
                                  brefore,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,and after

Comment

Click image for larger version Name:	rebel.jpg Views:	0 Size:	160.8 KB ID:	207618Click image for larger version Name:	rebel painted.jpg Views:	0 Size:	135.4 KB ID:	207619
                                    brefore,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,and after
                                    Looking good Ron!!!!

What scale size did you go with for the decals?

EAA# 1366802
                                    AMA# 631508

Comment

no idear of the scale just used the 64mm f8 decals...probably could have got a better batch from callie but this was cheep and I am cheep :)

Comment

Successful maiden!

It was almost too dark, but all went well, very easy handling jet! Happy days!

Click image for larger version  Name:	lM+FJwZxQs6lfH3bNWd3iQ.jpg Views:	0 Size:	94.8 KB ID:	211090

Comment

Well, I decided to "improve" my Rebel with a new paint-scheme. That did not turn out too well, but it was fun, since I haven't done this before.
                                          Click image for larger version

Name:	0hQBZS8mQqK4SVrvXnEyIA.jpg
Views:	1052
Size:	78.5 KB
ID:	212652Click image for larger version

Name:	mWseDqX2RdSiuNGrUULRWw.jpg
Views:	1004
Size:	182.0 KB
ID:	212653

Comment

Working...
                                          X