X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Flygirl View Post

I know a guy in the UK that did that. It looked great on the ground but disappeared in the sky. ;)
    Yes, that may not be such a good idea.

EAA# 1366802
    AMA# 631508

https://vf59.weebly.com/

Comment

• Can you guys please share what expo you are using?

EAA# 1366802
      AMA# 631508

Comment

• Originally posted by CVA59 View Post
        No doubt, this is an awesome jet for the price. I have stripped mine down to a plain white canvas (Krylon Foam Primer) until I decide how I want to go with it. I am thinking covering it with some sort of aluminum foil tape.
        Not a Rebel but the aluminum tape looks great
        Attached Files

Comment

• Sure does. That looks really good.

EAA# 1366802
          AMA# 631508

Comment

• Alpha , can you post the 4 side view of the Rebel? Me and my flying buddy want to work on a scheme.

Comment

• Do any of you MRC guys known when you will have more spare/replacement wings in for the Rebel V2? I toasted mine today.

Thanks,

EAA# 1366802
              AMA# 631508

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha View Post
                Robotboi Charles Scott @ Ron1950 For you Rebel pilots out there, do you think a new scheme would broaden the appeal on our Rebel V2? I think it would, but just haven't had the time to get around to redesign.
                I’d like to see something like this! I really think a new scheme would be a major step up. The original decals/graphics are really lame. It definitely needs to pop with some fresh new color

Comment

• Originally posted by CVA59 View Post
                  Can you guys please share what expo you are using?
                  Hi, this is my first EDF, and I got a new radio at the same time (Taranis X9D+). I have about 60 hours on my Glasair sportsman+ with a Spectrum DX5e.

I'm not sure either what to set my expo and dual rates to. Any advice?

Comment

• Originally posted by Lucidus360 View Post
                    I'm not sure either what to set my expo and dual rates to. Any advice?
                    Congratulations! The Rebel is a great choice!
                    I set my rates Low/Mid/Hi with Low and Mid being what was recommended in the manual and Hi is basically maximum deflection on the ailerons. I don't have my radio nearby, but i think my expo is not much, somewhere around 10-15%. It flies very nice and easily "putters around" at less than half throttle when learning. No need for flaps on takeoff (or landing) first flights. I think that mine pitched up when selecting 1/2 flap, so i mixed in some down elevator but it flies great even without flaps, so don't stress with those during the first flight.

Someone with the numbers at hand could hopefully give you their numbers, i just wanted to post a reply

Comment

• Originally posted by TangoVector View Post

Congratulations! The Rebel is a great choice!
                      I set my rates Low/Mid/Hi with Low and Mid being what was recommended in the manual and Hi is basically maximum deflection on the ailerons. I don't have my radio nearby, but i think my expo is not much, somewhere around 10-15%. It flies very nice and easily "putters around" at less than half throttle when learning. No need for flaps on takeoff (or landing) first flights. I think that mine pitched up when selecting 1/2 flap, so i mixed in some down elevator but it flies great even without flaps, so don't stress with those during the first flight.

Someone with the numbers at hand could hopefully give you their numbers, i just wanted to post a reply
                      Thanks for the feedback! It's been too windy/raining here to fly, but I'm still messing around with programming my radio anyways. :)

Comment

• Well, here she is all rebuilt, new wing, new fuse and a donated decal pack from my FW A4 Skyhawk. I painted it a Gull Gray and that's really close to my A4.
                        Attached Files

EAA# 1366802
                        AMA# 631508

Comment

• New paint job. And new gear.
                          Attached Files

Comment

• Mwhite1911 What a difference some paint makes!

Thanks for bumping this thread. I need to post a three view of this bird to see what you artists come up with.
                            Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• I'm seriously considering one of these. I have a couple of Motion gift certificates that we'd originally bought to give our son for his birthday this year, so he could buy himself a Heng Long tank, but then he posted that what he really wanted for his birthday, was contributions towards replacing his aged and failing computer. We threw the same amount into his new computer fund, and just held onto the gift certificates.

I even already have a battery that is right for this plane.

Comment

• After 36 flights I decided to give the Rebel a makeover so I upgraded the edf fan to 12 blade FMS 6s 1860kv inrunner 2.25kg thrust all up weight with battery, oleos and new paint job 1785gms 1;1.275 power to weight 86gms/dm2 wing loading, just waiting for appropriate weather to re maiden. adjusted the canopy and pilot location to squeeze in 2700 6s 40c battery made up from 2 no 3s packs I already had. Photo attached. Cactus dodger if you buy this plane check the cg BEFORE you add the nose cone, then you can hide weight in it before you glue it on ( less weight this way. If you can get a nose leg oleo then do so it will save you grief on landings CG 90 to 95mm from where wing joins front of body.. Also suggest you reinforce the area around where the nose leg servo is, I just spread some epoxy resin to create a strong eggshell structure but do this before you add nose weight. Have Fun Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200726_113827[1].jpg
Views:	782
Size:	245.6 KB
ID:	265399Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200726_113610[1].jpg
Views:	746
Size:	194.8 KB
ID:	265400Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200726_113813[1].jpg
Views:	750
Size:	225.9 KB
ID:	265401

Comment

• Any suggestions on the oleo?

Comment

• Hoomi I used the 110mm version of this from Bangood https://www.banggood.com/Aluminum-Al...r_warehouse=CN Aluminum Alloy Retractable Landing Gear With Spring for MTD Flying Wing RC Airplane

Comment

• Did you do the oleo on just the nose gear, or add them to the mains as well? We have a dirt runway at our field, so I'm thinking if they'll fit with the mains, some shock-absorption might not be a bad idea all around.

Comment

• I've just started loving rc jets. I've been flying the Dynam twin edf 64 mm ,the eflite fury 2. There a few new ones that I'm a bit scared to fly like my freewing mirage 2000 tiger meet 80mm edf jet. Will this freewing Rebel V2 be a good jet to start flying bigger and faster jets. I've seen so many videos on utube and the guys make it look so easy to fly and land?

thank you all.
                                        God Bless.
                                        Shauncat
                                        Durban South Africa.

Comment

• Originally posted by BrandonTW82 View Post
                                          Love this jet!!!!
                                          Got me hooked on edf....so vad I bought an avanti lol
                                          That will probably be my next one too. Avanti S 80mm edf jet ,yellow version

Comment

Working...
                                          X