Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lovely, you can't miss it in the sky for sure.

Comment

• Hoomi i put oleos on mains as well but i used some old hk ones I had hanginig around that they do not sell anymore so you will have to do a bit of research here. Whatever you get create an angle of attack to generate lift under the wing and assist take off and use half flaps for take off. you may need to adjust or swap the oleo springs to create the correct amount of give in the suspension for the weight of the plane. I suggest you err on the soft side for the nose wheel to deaden the impact without too much rebound.

Comment

• I pull the trigger and ordered the Rebel today.

Comment

• Has anyone else been tempted to paint one up to look like a Star Wars X-Wing?

Comment

• Originally posted by runway14left View Post
            Any thoughts on flying this plane on 4 cell/ 2200 mah packs? I was thinking I could just add a little weight to bring it up to the 2500 mah or 3000 mah weights. (I have lots of 2200 mah packs already on hand)
            Im using the 4 cell 2200mah as well, had to add about 70 grams of weight to get CG right, slight nose heavy.

Comment

• Tracking says that mine is on the truck today for delivery.

Comment

• Received and final assembly on hold for the moment. The 3-way splitter harness for the landing gear has one leg where the orange wire is open, so I have a message off the MRC Tech Support on whether they can mail me out a replacement, or if it will void the warranty if I just fix the silly harness myself. I've been repairing test equipment for a major corporation for almost 38 years now, so I think I can handle repairing an open wire.

Of course, I'm sure the tech folks hear all the time, "I know what I'm doing!"

Comment

• Checked the bad harness a bit more. As near as I can tell, when they crimped the pin on the orange wire, they forgot to strip the insulation back first. I haven't heard back from Tech Support yet, so I just said heck with it, removed the bad connector, and spliced on a good one. Everything is now working as it should. I still need to go through and set-up the dual rates and expo, and I have a set of shock-absorbing landing gear struts on order that may not arrive for a couple of weeks yet, but otherwise, she should be good to go.

I took her outside to pose with her little sister, the 64mm Stinger.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shauncat View Post

Im using the 4 cell 2200mah as well, had to add about 70 grams of weight to get CG right, slight nose heavy.
                    Having the same problem I am using 2500mah which in its self is a tight fit, have just epoxyed 55 grams of shot into the nose cone will check the CG tomorrow.

Comment

• I have the Admiral 4S 3000 battery. I put a little bit of shot into the nose cone before gluing it on, and it seems my CG is pretty good.

And, yeah, that 3000 is a tight fit.

Comment

• i flew my rebel v2 with the admiral 3600 4s and cg was good i have never liked to add weights if i can help it.

Comment

• Video from the maiden. The landing was a bit ugly (bounced into a bush, with minor cosmetic damage), but the flight itself went fine. I think as I get more familiar with the plane, I'm going to really like how it flies. Photo at the end of the video was taken post-maiden.

Comment

• Good to hear it went well Hoomi,, after a few more flights I am sure you will enjoy flying the Rebel. I attach a link to a short 2 min video of my Rebel and Avanti on an evening flight, with thanks to the video by Caroline Tyler r.c.

Some clips taken from an evenings flight at the flying club in Dewsbury, UKPilot paulrkytekMusic : Epidemic

Comment

• My Rebel will get a remake over the winter, to come out shining with a Red Arrows paint scheme and some new servos. Need something to practice airbrushing on and my earlier spray can painting was not pretty at all. Just need MotionRC to get the 70mm Hawk decals back in stock here in Europe.

Comment

• Hi guys
                                is there any aftermarket landing gear that would work on the rebel v2?

Comment

• Hi Johnsctt78, nothing off the shelf, fiddled around with some stuff I had in stock but it works fine. see attached video of flight with my Rebel camo with 70mm fms 12blade 4s.

Comment

• I’m thinking of purchasing a Rebel V2 for a winter project. Was going to strip the decals and put a paint job on it. My question is what kind of paint is everyone using? Plan on using the Krylon foam primer but what kind of top coat gives the best results? Thanks

Comment

• StevenR, I would decide what overall look and finish you want first, then decide on what paint. For the Camo finish I used vinyl emulsion from supermarket using matt finish colour sample pots applied with a combination of really fine brush ( make up brushes are really soft ) and small sponge roller to get the effects I wanted and finished off in water based acrylic matt varnish. Matt hides most of the flaws and is always my preferred way to go. This is a pretty economical way to paint , £3.00p per colour for 236 ml pot, you could paint a rebel red with one pot. I used packing tape/ wing tape applied to pull off decals. Also I soften brushes by sticking them in a solution of hot water and clothes washing softener !!! both these are finished as above Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200414_130044[1].jpg
Views:	693
Size:	170.7 KB
ID:	283055Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200726_113813[1].jpg
Views:	729
Size:	225.9 KB
ID:	283054

Comment

• Of coarse, I want to order some music wire for the rebels gear and I am no where near it.
                                        Could some one measure theirs, maybe 3mm?

thanks Doug

Comment

• Finished my first foamy paint job on the Freewing Rebel 70mm, just waiting for the weather here in Michigan to break to do a maiden!

Comment

Working...
                                          X