X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by StevenR View Post
    Finished my first foamy paint job on the Freewing Rebel 70mm, just waiting for the weather here in Michigan to break to do a maiden!
    Looking good StevenR, the blue and white accentuates the lines nicely

Comment

Finished my first foamy paint job on the Freewing Rebel 70mm, just waiting for the weather here in Michigan to break to do a maiden!
      Omg this paint job is really awesome, but wait a minute I see you've upgraded your landing gear from that ridiculous wire landing gear, which landing gear is that ?

Comment

• King RC.. landing gear came from Top design off of eBay. They seem nice enough for 35$ but took like 8 weeks to get from China, but I’ve got some time before the weather breaks to do a maiden flight.

Comment

King RC.. landing gear came from Top design off of eBay. They seem nice enough for 35$ but took like 8 weeks to get from China, but I’ve got some time before the weather breaks to do a maiden flight.
          Okay cool if its possible could you post a link to them? did you have to do any foam trimming for them to fit? Thanks Happy New Year

Comment

• FW Rebel landing gear issue

Not near my Rebel v2 and need to know the size of the stock wire used in the retracts. I think maybe 3 or 4 mm.
            could one measure theirs and report back to me?
            I like the upgrade idea though.

Great paint job StevenR !

Thanks guys!

Comment

• Landing gear is 3mm

Comment

• There's this as well.

Top-Design CNC Suspension Strut & Wheel Set For FMS / E-flite Viper 70mm EDF Jet- CNC Machined Aluminum Suspension Leg & Wheel Set.- Fit in FMS / E-flite Viper 70mm EDF Jet  - Suitable For Other 64 - 70mm EDF Jet.- Strut Adapter Hole: 3.0mm- Front

Comment

• Originally posted by JamesonC View Post
                  I got my Rebel a few years ago in a trade with my flying buddy. I flew it a couple times on 4s and it was quickly upgraded to a 6s setup. Flew it for about a year and a half and the motor smoked in flight. I don't even remember what setup that was, just something I had laying around I think. After that, I put a 13bl XRP setup in it and it is just a blast to fly. 2210w and 100A make it pretty sporty! Flat and level radared at 128mph. But, she's had a long, hard life and deserved a little love, so she got a quick repaint! Nothing fancy but it looks better now and is just too much fun with that setup in it. I am 100% sure one day I will over stress the airframe or a control surface and she'll be no more, but I am enjoying it while it lasts!

Where did you get the decals for this repaint , they look great!

Comment

• Originally posted by 554dug View Post

Where did you get the decals for this repaint , they look great!
                    Callie Graphics

Comment

• has anyone replaced the fan in there reble with something stronger? i fly off grass and if there is 98 degrees and high humidity and grass is only a few days from last mowing it struggles to get off? i ordered a fms inrunner fan and am hopping for just a bit more power with a 4 s set up

Comment

• Originally posted by Ron1950 View Post
                        has anyone replaced the fan in there reble with something stronger? i fly off grass and if there is 98 degrees and high humidity and grass is only a few days from last mowing it struggles to get off? i ordered a fms inrunner fan and am hopping for just a bit more power with a 4 s set up
                        Ron, fms in-runner , 4s will give you more power, use 2200 to 2600 35c min, 1.6kg thrust . It worked for me, half flaps take off. I upgraded mine twice since then and now run fms pro 6s in-runner with 2200mah rhino 50c battery 3 to 3.5 mins 2.5kg thrust 1750 gms all up take off weight. and its fairly quick!!! and the 3060 1900kv motor is very smooth.

Comment

• sounds good paul thanks. iam trying to just get some more power for these 98 degree 85 percent hum days off of grass.. trying to stay in the 4s fans but running out od options if this fms fan doesent work better,the rebel is a fun little flyer but its old tech and i have the 70mm 6s viper so dont want to put too much cash into it

Comment

sounds good paul thanks. iam trying to just get some more power for these 98 degree 85 percent hum days off of grass.. trying to stay in the 4s fans but running out od options if this fms fan doesent work better,the rebel is a fun little flyer but its old tech and i have the 70mm 6s viper so dont want to put too much cash into it
                            Fair enough Ron, there is only $10 difference between the fms 4 and 6 s fan on Bangood, and that 6 s REBEL out performs my 6s yak and 6s Hawk though I have been tempted by the fms/roc hobby viper

Comment

• thanks paul i was just telling a friend that i would try the 6s fan if this one doesent improve grass take offs

Comment

thanks paul i was just telling a friend that i would try the 6s fan if this one doesent improve grass take offs
                                Hi Ron, this is video of my rebel 4s fms fan off our grass field to give you an idea ,

I also attach video of my yak 130 for the fms pro 3060 1900kv sound comparison

Freewing Yak 130 with fms pro 70mm 12 blade6s in-runner.Pilot paulrkytek

Comment

• Paul which fms 4s fan is that? Did u change the esc?

Comment

Paul which fms 4s fan is that? Did u change the esc?
                                    From memory 2845 12blade outrunner 1.63 kg thrust 64 amp max with 80 amp Hobbywing esc I still have 2 of these in my Dynam ME262. with 2 number 80amp escs. in the rebel I ran either 2200mah 60c lipo Turniby lipo or 2650mah 35c Turnigy nanotech lipo. Your fms fan should come with a tech sheet giving the above info but it will probably state 70amp esc but I think 80 amp gives a bit more headroom and leaves 5amp for the servos & rx plus a bit. When I went to 6 s I kept the 80amp esc as the 6s fan goes to 68amp max

Comment

• Well...

I messed up and it wasn't worth rebuilding it
                                      I can't blame the Rebel, it has always behaved well and I recommend it as a nice airplane to anyone. The landing gear isn't that great, but other than that I liked it a lot.
                                      There are some very nice nice versions in this thread and even stock looking, it is doing its thing, providing fun flying for a great price.

Keep enjoying your Rebels, I wish I could...

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4184.jpeg
Views:	472
Size:	172.0 KB
ID:	321244

Comment

• Doh! Sorry for the loss! It's hard to tell from the photo but it looks like a few bamboo skewers and some glue would make it fly again. It wouldn't be as pretty but maybe something worth practicing low inverted flights with.

Comment

• HI guys,
                                          I upgraded my FW 70mm T1 Hawk to the inrunner version and stuck the old outrunner into my Rebel with a 85 A ZTW ESC and a S8R receiver. I must have hit a sweet spot because it flies like a barn swallow and I clocked it with GPS at 125 mph. Vertical is limited to losing sight of it. It uses about 75 feet to get off a grass runway and with an HRB 3300ma 50 C, I can get 5 minutes with fairly aggressive flying and still come down with 3.75v on the cells. Had to add about 30g to the tail to get it to cg. Turns a trainer jet into a screamer.
                                          Store photos and docs online. Access them from any PC, Mac or phone. Create and work together on Word, Excel or PowerPoint documents.

Comment

Working...
                                          X