X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Simon Bee View Post
    Like it a lot, fast and sleek. Seems to cope better on grass than the Marlin.
    3000 Mah batteries seem to hit the sweet spot as far as weight goes. I bought 2 from China Hobby Line, they’re a bit tight but it flies nicely with them.
    The Radient 2700 that I used in my Marlin makes it too tail heavy
    That makes sense, when I first flew the Rebel in 4s configuration I had to add a fair bit of lead in the nose cone to get the cg.

Comment

• Ok people, I'm looking for an inexpensive 70mm sport jet that I can hand launch and belly land. I want something to practice aerobatics when I can't get to the flying field (I have a pasture next to my house) so it should have a good rudder and flaps and that looks like the Rebel to me. So is there any way to grip a Rebel to hand launch it?

Comment

• Originally posted by DougCLind View Post
        Ok people, I'm looking for an inexpensive 70mm sport jet that I can hand launch and belly land. I want something to practice aerobatics when I can't get to the flying field (I have a pasture next to my house) so it should have a good rudder and flaps and that looks like the Rebel to me. So is there any way to grip a Rebel to hand launch it?
        I am not a fan of Hand launching but if you take out the gear you will be able to get thumb and fore finger in the wheel wells and little finger under the body just forward of the cg. You will need to reinforce the nose, it breaks easily and you will need to guard the aileron and flap control rods. Keep it as light as you can, I have cg at 95mm to 100mm back from wing joint. Use lead in nose cone before you glue it on. I would use a good 4s fan like fms or x fly.. Taking out the nose gear will allow you to remove the front bulkhead and add a floor to the front nose gear bay and move your battery forward to help with c.g. Removing the gear will lighten the front which is already too light so mock up positions of everything early before gluing anything !!! Consider buying the airframe and control rods etc from the spares list and add your own fan, esc, and servo, Good luck

Comment

• Hi all, I’m putting new nose gear into a new Rebel V2 fuselage.
          Is a 9g servo to turn the steering ok? What do I need for the pushrod? How does it connect to the roundbit that rotates on the gear? Can anyone send a close up picture of the push rod assembly? Both retracted and extended would help.
          Thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by Captglvr View Post
            Hi all, I’m putting new nose gear into a new Rebel V2 fuselage.
            Is a 9g servo to turn the steering ok? What do I need for the pushrod? How does it connect to the roundbit that rotates on the gear? Can anyone send a close up picture of the push rod assembly? Both retracted and extended would help.
            Thanks!
            9gm or 12gm servo is ok, use a metal gear servo ( 9gm size but weighing 12 or 13 gms ). You will have less chance of stripping the gears on a heavy landing but you are better off buying the mrc servo to ensure correct spine/hub match up and diameter. If you check on the spares section at Motion r.c you should find the steering nose gear servo and the connector mechanism ( look in Electronics , click servo arms at whhttps://www.motionrc.eu/collections/servo-arms pick the arm which fits on the round bit you have described above, The splines fit the Motion r,c servo as they have the matching number and size of teeth socket, and provide a stiff but rotatable connection. Use the mrc nose gear retract servo and arm as space is tight. length of connecting rod and the the retract gear end connection is critical and you may need to shave out a bit of foam to ensure free movement and avoid catching the side wall in the nose bay. .Buy the rebel pushrod set from the Rebel spares section and pick out the nose steering pushrod. Its is all a bit of a pain but it will save a lot of fixing time and frustration if you use the mrc parts.

Comment

• What is the weight of your Rebel. Mine came in at 1550 g. This is with a 3600 Lipo battery. Is this too heavy?

Maiden flight went well. Used Tattu 3700 mah 4S. 50 grams lighter than the admiral 3600 mah 4S CG Spot on.
              (183) Freewing Rebel EDF FPV Cisne Il. 11-6-22 - YouTube

Comment

• Hmmmmmm.

How did this EDF model thread end up in the prop planes discussion area?

Comment

• Error - Duplicate to Post #189

Comment

• I've got two questions regarding the Rebel V2. I have one and love it but was thinking about a new one.

My first question is whether the Shock Absorbing landing gear for the Vulcan 40 fit the Rebel V2 without any modification?

The second question deals with the motor. The Rebel V2 Summary page lists the motor as a 2849-2850Kv motor with a 12-blade fan. The problem is that I can't find one on the site or anywhere on the web. They only show a 2849-2550 motor. Is the -2850 a misprint . Can anyone confirm which motor is used with the 12-blade 70mm fan?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Bob

Comment

• Motion has been out of the front landing gear assy. as well as the replacement wire/strut for about 6 weeks now. Does anyone have a drop-in replacement alternative? (it has the spring winding and uses an e-clip to hold it in the retract so it can be moved for ground steering) - Prefer not having to build one from scratch. - Thanks

Comment

Working...
                      X