Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

anyone besides me hve trouble shoe horning a 3000 admiral in this plane? 2500 no problems got to cut some foam for 3000 and I don't want to do that lol

Comment

Originally posted by Ron1950 View Post
      anyone besides me hve trouble shoe horning a 3000 admiral in this plane? 2500 no problems got to cut some foam for 3000 and I don't want to do that lol
      I have the same question. If I try fitting the 4S Admiral 3000mAh batt in the cavity, the balance lead and power lead gets in the way.

Comment

It fits just tuck it out the way

Comment

what sfninerfan said. the 4s 3000 is tight,but you can just press it in. make sure no servo wires are in the way.

Comment

has anyone had to add weight to the nose at all?

Comment

Originally posted by Ron1950 View Post
              has anyone had to add weight to the nose at all?
              Looks like I need to add wait on the 12 blade V2...

Front magnet for canopy came loose which will give me the opportunity to use epoxy that will add some weight.

Comment

replaced 6 blade with a 12 blade and put a once in nose wheel well flew much faster then 6 blade the yak just wanted to get its picture taken lol

Comment

Nice looking jets there Ron
                  Meridian Aeromodelers, Meridian MS

Comment

my wife has ordered this for me this week and I was wondering how well it takes off and and lands on grass runways. will this be a good first EDF for me.. I can't really afford the Avanti or Sabre. I spent most of my funds on the 1600 mm Spitfire LOL

Comment

Brandon.. it takes off with hal[ flaps and short grass in 50 to 75 ft,,,,

Comment

Comment

Flew my Rebel twice today off a grass runway, half flaps. Took off perfect!!
                          3000mah battery gave me 3 minutes on the dot for flight. I had to do one go around and was a little puckered.
                          Love this jet!!!!!!

Comment

Love this jet!!!!
                            Got me hooked on edf....so vad I bought an avanti lol

Comment

Here's my Rebel painted with rattle can Short Cuts paint...

Comment

Hi all, I'm about to order mine as first EDF. just set up as instructions recommend (throws,CG) or are there any discrepancies that I need to adjust for ? are you guys using stabilizer type receivers or stable enough without ? what are you using for flap settings if not whats in instructions ?
                                thank you, mike

Comment

Originally posted by MR. B View Post
                                  Hi all, I'm about to order mine as first EDF. just set up as instructions recommend (throws,CG) or are there any discrepancies that I need to adjust for ? are you guys using stabilizer type receivers or stable enough without ? what are you using for flap settings if not whats in instructions ?
                                  thank you, mike
                                  It flies great without any stabilization! Set the cg to the aft limit, flaps per instructions. You will really like the Rebel. I have a 2nd one with the power system from a Freewing BAe Hawk, and run a 6s 3000 mah battery. It's as fast as my 80mm Avanti.

Comment

did my maiden (first EDF) flight this morning, I was nervious/stressing about how it was gonna fly , , , it flew GREAT !. i set up throws and flaps just as instructions said, I did reduce rudder throw on low rate as I tend to over correct on take off roll. first flight on 3000 4s, 3min and landed with 48 percent left, I bounced the first landing and did a go around. second attempt was smooth. took off with first setting of flaps and it started flying itself in like 40-50 feet?,left gear down and landed with same first notch of flaps. very smooth and predictable through out the flight ! I did add 1,25 oz with the 3000 battery to get close to the aft 100mm CG point but it flew great!

second flight with 3300 HRB battery i removed 1/4 oz with that battery and it fit even better as its just a touch shorter. took off with same first notch flaps, cleaned up flaps and retracted gear this flight-noticeable speed increase ! same 3 min flight and smooth landing on first attempt with 78 percent left on the 3300 batt.! did a third flight and started exploring a couple rolls but ground wind started picking so no more rebel flights.

I cant express how pleased i am with the rebel and the guidance from Martin at MRC and the help and suggestions of this site ! thank you all very much for helping me have a VERY satisfying flying experience!

thank you, Mike

Comment

Hey guys, i was thinking about getting the ARF version and putting my own 6S edf in it. Do you think a 4000 would fit? Or would i have to cut a little. If i did cut do you think it would meet the cg? Thanks in advance!!

Comment

A 6s 4000 in the Rebel? I wouldn't recommend that. Yes, you'd have to cut a bit to get it both to fit AND to CG. And I'd begin to worry about the control surfaces, linkages, servos, and hinges on the aircraft. The Rebel 70 was really intended as a 4s flyer. If you want a 6s 70mm EDF in a similar layout as the Rebel (low wing, mid-tail, single 70, flaps and retracts), I'd recommend the Freewing 70mm Hawk T1. We purpose-built the Hawk to house a 6s 4000. Much more space for your battery and receiver in the Hawk T1, without the need for surgery like the Rebel.
                                        Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Originally posted by LAIR202 View Post
                                          Hey guys, i was thinking about getting the ARF version and putting my own 6S edf in it. Do you think a 4000 would fit? Or would i have to cut a little. If i did cut do you think it would meet the cg? Thanks in advance!!
                                          I have a Rebel on it's second 6s setup. But, it is a tight squeeze for the 3300mah 6s that is in there and a little foam was carved out to fit that in there!

With that said, my Rebel has been on 6s for a couple years now and it is an ABSOLUTE BLAST on 6s. I keep hoping for a High Performance V2 of the Rebel with a 6s power system and a new paint scheme!

Comment

Working...
                                          X