X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TomPatton View Post

Yeah, but I bet yours looks better than a decal...
    Do you know if there are any decals in the kit for the tanks and bombs? I looked but nothing stood out and no info in manual or decal placement page, that i saw anyway...
    Thanks
    Tom
    Tom,

There are no included decals for the tanks and missiles. I've been doing some research on the AGM-12 Bullpup to try and come up with some decals for it.
    Pat

Comment

• Originally posted by crxmanpat View Post
      Tom,

There are no included decals for the tanks and missiles. I've been doing some research on the AGM-12 Bullpup to try and come up with some decals for it.
      Could there be some more ordnance decals in the works Pat?

Comment

• I am looking for another wing pylon to add a centerline drop tank. Anyone have a spare they do not plan to use? There aren't any available yet at MRC.

Comment

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post
          I am looking for another wing pylon to add a centerline drop tank. Anyone have a spare they do not plan to use? There aren't any available yet at MRC.
          You can have my spare.
          TiredIron Aviation
          Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

Could there be some more ordnance decals in the works Pat?
            Possibly. I have already started researching markings.
            Pat

Comment

• Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post

You can have my spare.
              Thanks George. You're the best! I will get it next time I am up there.

Comment

Thanks George. You're the best! I will get it next time I am up there.
                No I'm not but I'll do ;)

TiredIron Aviation
                Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• I just ordered 12 of these...

They are about an inch shorter than they should be for the scale of the plane but I don't think it is going to matter much.

Comment

• Okay, can't find anyone saying this but if I'm repeating sorry. The one final tweak that will make this an A-4F, coming from an A-4F hydraulics Marine will be bending the refueling probe so it has two 45 degree bends to put it out and in front of the pilot. Other than that, the ECM Hump and refueling probe together will make it look like a F model. I'll be doing just that when I get mine. A-4s Forever!

Comment

I just ordered 12 of these...

They are about an inch shorter than they should be for the scale of the plane but I don't think it is going to matter much.
                      Steve........they are actually just under 2 inches(1.7 or 1/4 of your present length) shorter if your representing a Mk-81(250 lb).:(
                      A Mk-81(250 lb) is 74 inches in length and with the scale of 1/9th for this A-4 makes the required length for that bomb to be 8.2 inches
                      A Mk-82(500 lb) is 87.4 inches in length and would be 9.7 inches.
                      Scale wise they'd look much better as Mk-82's on the FW A-6 which is 1/13 scale. ;)
                      I know your a scale aficionado so don't ya hate when I open the door LOL
                      Warbird Charlie
                      HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• These are the special MK-79.2's.... LOL I am going for the MK-81's...the drawing I based my calculations off of may not have been entirely accurate. It will be close enough for me though. I am not that particular and I can space the clusters (2 sets of 3) out a little more on the rail if need be. I do wish there were more scale ordnance available for things like this but I'll be darned if I am going to scratch build them or pay $150 for something like this.

Comment

• Anybody have any idea what the thing in the red box is? It looks like it has a nose cone on it so I don't think it is a rocket launcher...

Click image for larger version  Name:	20170726_1838501.jpg Views:	1 Size:	131.9 KB ID:	96005

Comment

• I think it is a MK-11 20mm Gun Pod http://a4skyhawk.info/article/skyhawk-ordnance

Comment

Man, I feel like the 18 year old I was back when I had my Violet A-4 done up in this scheme. Just a few more minor things to do and I will start weathering it.

Click image for larger version Name:	20170907_004335.jpg Views:	1 Size:	181.0 KB ID:	95940
                              Looks great, Steve!

Comment

• Originally posted by EgidaBob View Post
                                I think it is a MK-11 20mm Gun Pod http://a4skyhawk.info/article/skyhawk-ordnance
                                Hmmm... according to the link the MK-11 would not have been mounted to the outside pylon. I am really wondering if it is not an LAU-10 with 4 rockets. Just seems odd it would have some kind of nose cone on it.

Comment

• Originally posted by xplaneguy View Post
                                  Looks great, Steve!
                                  Thanks Tony. We'll see how it looks after I dirty it up a bit. ;)

Comment

• Originally posted by EgidaBob View Post
                                    I think it is a MK-11 20mm Gun Pod http://a4skyhawk.info/article/skyhawk-ordnance
                                    That piece of armament is facing the wrong direction to be a gun pod and per the link you provided a gun pod would be mounted on sta 2,3 or 4 not on 1 as shown in the pic/drawing.
                                    Since it is a drawing by Lou Drendel, am starting to question the authenticity of his rendition cause I can find no where that type of ordinance used on A-4's
                                    Warbird Charlie
                                    HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• I think I'll jut put a couple LAU-10/A's in those spots and call it good. I can make anything (well almost anything) with styrene.

Comment

• Originally posted by OV10 View Post

That piece of armament is facing the wrong direction to be a gun pod and per the link you provided a gun pod would be mounted on sta 2,3 or 4 not on 1 as shown in the pic/drawing.
                                        Since it is a drawing by Lou Drendel, am starting the question the authenticity of his rendition cause I can find no where that type of ordinance used on A-4's
                                        Maybe we're seeing a FFAR or LAU pod on the outer station and the "cone" that you're seeing is from something else that's attached to one of the inner stations. Two items superimposed together on the drawing, in other words.

I've seen old video with an F4 Phantom firing an external Vulcan 20mm gun pod, those pods were only mounted on the centerline because of the recoil.
                                        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQvObtxH2EY

What a beast that thing is. Teeth!
                                        Image result for F4 phantom centerline gun pod
                                        Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

• Originally posted by themudduck View Post

Maybe we're seeing a FFAR or LAU pod on the outer station and the "cone" that you're seeing is from something else that's attached to one of the inner stations. Two items superimposed together on the drawing, in other words.

I've seen old video with an F4 Phantom firing an external Vulcan 20mm gun pod, those pods were only mounted on the centerline because of the recoil.
                                          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQvObtxH2EY

What a beast that thing is. Teeth!
                                          Image result for F4 phantom centerline gun pod
                                          Thought of that too but it doesn't make sense what would bee there.

Comment

Working...
                                          X