X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post

Hey Carlos, yes, I plan to bring both of my A-10's, my A-4 and a few more planes with me to eWeek. Are you going to be there too?
    Yea Steve I'm going to be there. Can't wait to see your jets. Man you guys got it made. I'm still saving up for the A-4 Skyhawk.:):Cool: And you guys already got yours and posting them on the Squawk.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drill Sergeant View Post

Yea Steve I'm going to be there. Can't wait to see your jets. Man you guys got it made. I'm still saving up for the A-4 Skyhawk.:):Cool: And you guys already got yours and posting them on the Squawk.
      Hello DS,
      Get your mouse over here and get committed to meet up with the other Squawkers that are going to eWeek :Cool:
      Warbird Charlie
      HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Ok, got some weathering done on part of it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20170907_233840.jpg
Views:	614
Size:	189.9 KB
ID:	96084

Comment

• Nice! It's looking the part of a well used Marine Skyhawk!

Comment

• Originally posted by OV10 View Post

Hello DS,
            Get your mouse over here and get committed to meet up with the other Squawkers that are going to eWeek :Cool:
            https://www.hobbysquawk.com/forum/th...5789#post95789
            Sure OV-10 I'm excited about going to eWeek and meeting all of you guys. Yes we should set up an area for all of the Squawker's to be and share stories and experiences in the hobby. Because after a year I'm still having problems landing that Flipping 90mm F-16, out of all..........my other EDF's. :Confused::Angry:

Comment

• OK, all decals applied, plane fully programmed, and ready for maiden on Saturday! The Bullpup decals came out really nice.
              Pat

Comment

• Originally posted by xplaneguy View Post
                Nice! It's looking the part of a well used Marine Skyhawk!
                That's what I'm after.

Comment

That's what I'm after.
                  Steve I have to say in the EDF world you are the MASTER OF CRAFT in detailing the aircrafts to Scale!!!!!!!!!!! That A-4 Skyhawk look so....................scale especially the machine gun housing. I can only say, " If I had your hand , I'll toss mine in !!!!!!!" ( Oh yea I know what I'm holding ) :Thinking:

Comment

• I received my bird yesterday and have not had the opportunity to inspect things yet. I have three planes still in their boxes with not inspection so far. I am putting my faith in the company.

Comment

Ok, got some weathering done on part of it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20170907_233840.jpg
Views:	614
Size:	189.9 KB
ID:	96084
                      Really Nice! This is the route I am going, Love the weathering!!!
                      Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

• For the guys applying the water slide decals in the kit are you using some brand of decal set?
                        Thanks in advance! :-)
                        Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

• I use Model Masters decal setting solution but Microsol also works. My decals for this bird are from Callie though.

Comment

I use Model Masters decal setting solution but Microsol also works. My decals for this bird are from Callie though.
                            I have never used the setting solution, just very warm water with a few drops of dish soap with excellent results...
                            Is the setting solution something you apply after the decal is on, or you use it instead of water???

Comment

• Originally posted by TomPatton View Post

I have never used the setting solution, just very warm water with a few drops of dish soap with excellent results...
                              Is the setting solution something you apply after the decal is on, or you use it instead of water???
                              You brush it on the surface where the wet decal gets applied and it helps the decal to set or conform to the surface...makes them look painted on.

Comment

• TI I had the same flap servo issue you did. I solved it by extracting the servo and moving the servo horn a notch. Now both my servo horns for flaps are at about the same angle. They just put one on wrong I guess.

I also stiffened up the elevators a bit. They seemed a bit weak.

Jetdude that VMA-121 bird looks amazing! well done sir
                                Meridian Aeromodelers, Meridian MS

Comment

• Meep meep! Just ordered from Callie. I'm doing the 505. I like it because really I can go hump or not and still be somewhat accurate.

Comment

• RCJetdude, what are you using to fill in your panel lines? I've tried washes but fine that the paint tends to soak in the fluid and not let it streak properly. I've been just sticking to the airbrush method.
                                    Current Fleet: Flightline Tigercat, Flightline Bearcat, Eflite Corsair, ESM Skyraider, Pilot RC Yak-54 30%:corsair

Comment

• Originally posted by Ryan@Motion/ryramZ View Post
                                      Meep meep! Just ordered from Callie. I'm doing the 505. I like it because really I can go hump or not and still be somewhat accurate.
                                      Nice to have that option Ryan.

Comment

• I couldn't stand it, so I went ahead and dirtied her up! All I did was take a charcoal pencil to draw in the lines, then used a thin hard-bristle brush to blend it and give the lines some shadow. Still have a little more to do, then will hit it with a coat of Testors Dullcote to seal it and knock down the shine of the decals.

I always use a setting solution for my water slide decals. Makes them snuggle right down to the surface details, provides extra adhesion, and prevents them from peeling. I used Microsol on these.
                                        Pat

Comment

• Originally posted by spec450 View Post
                                          RCJetdude, what are you using to fill in your panel lines? I've tried washes but fine that the paint tends to soak in the fluid and not let it streak properly. I've been just sticking to the airbrush method.
                                          It's just watered down black and burnt umber acrylic paint. Nothing fancy. I paint it into/onto places with a fine brush, let it sit a bit (longer if I want it to stain more) then wipe if off with a dry paper towel. It's not perfect at all but if I don't like how it looks I just re-do it. I went to Lowes and got a color sample of Valspar Wet Pavement that is an almost exact match for the gray. I did not wipe the plane down or anything except where I painted over the servo case in the vertical fin.

Comment

Working...
                                          X