Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

80mm would fly this thing awesome, and you womt need a lame cheater hole! :p

Comment

Originally posted by Corsair nut View Post
      80mm would fly this thing awesome, and you womt need a lame cheater hole! :p
      The inlets are not going to be very big, probably 5 square inches each. It will need a cheater either way. It has plenty of duct space, but to keep the scale lines, I am going to have to go with the cheater.

Comment

.a 80mm only needs about 6 or 7 sq in. I think a 90 is around 8 or 9 sq in

Comment

Infact a 80 might be clpser to 6 than 7. Id need to look it up

Comment

Just checked. 80mm is about 5.5 sq in for fsa. 90 is about 7.5 iirc. Ive flown edfs sucessfully down to 65% on the inlet side, with properly designed ducts. My lil 28" 70mm skyray had plenty of inlet and they were maybe a lil bit oversized. Id be more than willing to bet a 80 would work just fine wothout a cheater..and a 90 would even work awesome, especially if you have anywhere near 10 sq in.

Comment

But seriously, as light as this airframe is, 3/4 oz fiberglass cloth and alcohol thinned epoxy would add considerable strength and little weight. Stay away from the Bondo which is a 6 oz HEAVY weave cloth!

Comment

The lightweight glass would be good on the intake ducting. That 90mm fan may try to ingest them, or intake the intake and spit them out the tail pipe! :Scared:;)

Comment

Ive dont depron ducting before. If the inlet area is atleast 100% or more, it typically holds just fine. Or fff for tgat matter

Comment

Help, I have purchased a couple iFLY 1806 2300kv motors that do not seem to turn up as they should. According to my calculations, 2300x7.4 they should turn up around 17000rpm and they are no where near that. What could the trouble be?
                    Any assistance will be greatly appreciated. Thanks Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Oldensly View Post
                      Help, I have purchased a couple iFLY 1806 2300kv motors that do not seem to turn up as they should. According to my calculations, 2300x7.4 they should turn up around 17000rpm and they are no where near that. What could the trouble be?
                      Any assistance will be greatly appreciated. Thanks Bob
                      HI Bob, and welcome to HobbySquawk.

Your calculations are correct, however, the kv x V = rpm is for the motors without a load on them. With the fans running, it will be considerably lower. This is completely normal.

We always welcome questions here, however, posting them on someone else's post that is unrelated is not the place for them. Please use the "New Topic" button in the future for any questions that you may have about any subject. That way, your question can be seen by everyone, and not just the people who are watching a particular post.

I hope the answer helps you, and have fun looking through the posts here, and commenting on anything you see that interests you!!

Comment

Okay, so here is what I managed to get done over my little "staycation"

The upper duct is in. I opted to go with the 3/16th foam, which put the duct at the perfect size for the 80mm fan. This all that this thing is going to need!! I also got the lower formers drawn and cut from the intakes back, and got the fan mounting plates installed.

Before I start gluing all of the lower formers on, I think I will tackle the wings. I have decided to make it a solid unit, the wings will not be removable. They also, according to my 3 view, have no dihedral or anhedral, so I felt it best to build the tops while I can still have the plane flat on the board. This will ensure that everything stays straight and true. Once I have the internal structure complete for both of the wings, I will glue them to the fuse, and then sheet the tops. I can then flip the model over, and route in the spars.

The front section looks a little wonky at the moment, as I want to sheet the sides of it in one piece, so I am waiting until I get the bottom formers on for that.

So, here you go!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	40.3 KB
ID:	95644

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	88.6 KB
ID:	95645

Name:	3.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	19.1 KB
ID:	95646

Name:	4.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	54.8 KB
ID:	95647

Name:	5.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	95.5 KB
ID:	95648

Name:	6.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	66.2 KB
ID:	95649

Name:	7.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	97.8 KB
ID:	95650

Name:	8.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	87.7 KB
ID:	95651

Name:	9.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	98.3 KB
ID:	95652

Name:	10.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	95.2 KB
ID:	95653

Name:	11.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	125.9 KB
ID:	95654

Name:	12.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	94.1 KB
ID:	95655

Comment

You are the Herr Frankenstein of bringing life to BlueFoam :Cool:
                          Still monitoring your :ov10thread for the plan PDF ;)
                          Warbird Charlie
                          HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Nice work!

Comment

Originally posted by OV10 View Post
                              You are the Herr Frankenstein of bringing life to BlueFoam :Cool:
                              Still monitoring your :ov10thread for the plan PDF ;)
                              Don't worry Charlie, I will send you a PM when I have them ready. I am out of paper, and can't afford a roll until Friday. Once I get that, I will get them done. I am also just going to put them on a thumbdrive and send them as a PDF, and you can then take the file to your local print shop and have them printed. I also submitted a picture of me with the OV-10 to Model Aviations Focal Point section, so keep an eye out in upcoming issues for my ugly mug and beautiful model!!!

Comment

When you get the PDF just PM me for my email to send the file that way versus a piece of hardware by snailmail ;)
                                I've seen your mug and it didn't :Scared:me the first time but I will keep an eyeball peeled for the article
                                Warbird Charlie
                                HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Ansolutely love it! Perfect!!

Comment

Can't wait to see the finished creation take wing!

Comment

Alright!! I have the top of one wing done and attached to the fuselage!!! It is starting to become something now!

I cut a slot on the inside of the center sheet right next to the two main riblet line so that I can route it out from the bottom and put longitudinal spars in, as well as the lateral spars that will span across the fuse.

Hoping that I can get the other wing half done tonight, and get it sheeted and attached as well!!

Views:	113
Size:	77.1 KB
ID:	96009

Views:	95
Size:	35.5 KB
ID:	96010

Views:	100
Size:	84.0 KB
ID:	96011

Size:	116.7 KB
ID:	96012

Size:	109.5 KB
ID:	96013

Views:	94
Size:	78.0 KB
ID:	96014

Name:	7.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	39.3 KB
ID:	96015

She really shows her 54" length in the last photo!! Hopefully I will have a new set of photos tomorrow!!

Comment

Success!!

Then I flipped it over and set the formers on for effect!!

Views:	98
Size:	88.5 KB
ID:	96109

Views:	99
Size:	80.3 KB
ID:	96110

Size:	104.6 KB
ID:	96111

Views:	101
Size:	107.3 KB
ID:	96112

Size:	106.6 KB
ID:	96113

Size:	45.1 KB
ID:	96114

Comment

Last week and a half has been rather crazy around here, so I didn't get anything done. Blew the dust off it last night, and got started on the lower fuse. The rest of the ducting is not going to be any fun at all, but I will tackle it tonight after I get the Freewing 64mm F-22 that cam in today built and ready to go!!

Views:	144
Size:	94.7 KB
ID:	97308

Views:	99
Size:	98.0 KB
ID:	97309