Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Laserdude
    replied
    The bigger they are the better they fly. We should find a way to make them here. Considering freight cost that might become a possibility.

Leave a comment:

• sam51401
    replied
    Like to post this and see what you think.
    Given the current logistics issues and the much inflated shipping cost incurred by our state side suppliers, I see a trend for smaller planes. My take on all the still stagnant boats off the cost of Cali, the increased cost has already hit us. For FW and our vendors here to make a new plane release a favorable profit, two things have to be in motion.
    Popularity on both in what it’s modeled of and size. Size would have to be considered as to the number of planes that could be placed in one of those shipping containers that would need to cover the shipping cost across more product. That leads me to think more product, smaller size in any new releases. I so wish that the 90mm market would be feasible but as you all have seen, the swing toward the 80mm size has a large following but can a new plane still maintain the two prong popularity or will the move need to be toward even smaller 70mm or 64mm size in order to address the much higher shipping cost across more product per container.
    just me thinking out load today so not looking to cause big disturbance in the force.

Leave a comment:

• Enterprise206
    replied
    I’m hoping for some more Cold War era jets. My two favorites are the MiG-23 Flogger and F-101 Voodoo. The MiG could be a big 90mm and the Voodoo could be one 90mm or twin 80/70mm. Anyone agree?

Leave a comment:

• Laserdude
    replied
    YES, Cougar and Panther 80mm. Should be easy to do both as I think they have the same fuse.

Leave a comment:

• Cws
    replied
    I would like to have a 80mm panther or cougar

Leave a comment:

• Quickstop
    replied
    Not so much what ,as when

Leave a comment:

• Evan D
    replied
    That would be very cool.

Leave a comment:

• Ixcalibur
    replied
    Maybe a 70 mm C-17 with operating cargo door, lift dump (speed brakes for landing). Could add brakes and or reversers to keep it interesting. Should scale out somewhere near the AL-37 size. Tactical approach and landing followed by runway backup for a challenge…

Leave a comment:

• WarbirdFan66
    replied
    i also get way more comfortable with the idea of an 80-90mm F-117 as a new jet....

Leave a comment:

• Airguardian
    replied
    Originally posted by mshagg View Post

It's the hobby within a hobby lol. Hobbyception.
    Cue in a Hans Zimmer dramatic soundtrack.

Leave a comment:

• T-CAT
    replied
    Originally posted by mshagg View Post

Ha-ha, so true. I’ve been absolutely loving 3D printing and CAD.

Leave a comment:

• mshagg
    replied
    Originally posted by Gilatrout View Post

3d printers are most as bad as model planes. I now have 3. 2 prusas and an elegoo Saturn resin printer.

I might need an intervention
    ​​​​​​
    ​​​

Leave a comment:

• Gilatrout
    replied
    Originally posted by kallend View Post

"The truth will set you free."
    3d printers are most as bad as model planes. I now have 3. 2 prusas and an elegoo Saturn resin printer.

I might need an intervention
    ​​​​​​
    ​​​

Leave a comment:

• kallend
    replied
    Originally posted by Ron1950 View Post
    i just dont have any interest in doing a 3d printer happy now?
    "The truth will set you free."

Leave a comment:

• Evan D
    replied
    Can't wait to see the response to that Ron...

Leave a comment:

• Ron1950
    replied
    i just dont have any interest in doing a 3d printer happy now?

Leave a comment:

• kallend
    replied
    Originally posted by Ron1950 View Post

alas i have no 3d printer and am too old (70) to learn programing them but still want a T2 sooner then later
    Nonsense. I was 72 when I got my first one. I then taught myself enough CAD to design lots of parts, many of which I have posted for other people to use.

If you choose to be too old, that's on you.

Leave a comment:

• Evan D
    replied
    Yeah, one of the first few things you learn is not to duck under the aircraft tails even if there was a pin in. Along with intakes, exhausts and props, etc…

Leave a comment:

• Ron1950
    replied
    we had 30 or so t2a single engine models in our hangar at whiting field in early 70s i got to do a mid watch on them one night and leaned up aginst the tail of one..next thing i hear is clunk and look to see a tail hook has missed my foot by about 2 inches didn't know they were so darn heavy as it chucnked a small amount of concrete when it hit

now Dee seen your vids looks like it really flys nice but alas i have no 3d printer and am too old (70) to learn programing them but still want a T2 sooner then later

Leave a comment:

• Evan D
    replied
    I did take it in jest. :)

A lot of us were wanting a new big military jet.

Originally posted by DCORSAIR View Post

It was a joke Evan, but I just found it strange that it was a sport jet, I mean come on, everyone has been locked up from the pandemic, some are down and depressed, I had the virus and its bad, so now I 'm better and expected a dream Jet of some sort, ready to spend some money and the super scale Jet I thought it might be, turns out to be a 70mm play jet,,,. So I'm buying another super scale helicopter instead, so they still get my money either way, don't take me to serious, been off work for awhile so I'm just bored.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X