Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wolpertinger
    replied
    Always have been an advocate for either the F9F Panther or Cougar in 80mm or better yet a 90mm version. But I could easily go for that F15 with twin 80mm to take on the Mig 29.... that reminds me, it's been a long time since the F15 was in stock anywhere. I wonder why.....

Leave a comment:

• Quickstop
    replied
    Cougar….feh….F4D skyray Click image for larger version

Name:	90FE8FDA-F0E1-4980-8B14-26ACC755FF80.jpeg
Views:	558
Size:	123.8 KB
ID:	316427

Leave a comment:

• FoamOvercast17
    replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	B-1B.jpg
Views:	521
Size:	79.6 KB
ID:	316398

Always thought this would be cool too, but I don't know if fans could fit in the engine nacelles below without it looking disproportionate. It's be cool to rip around in a B-1B. It must be too hard to model because no one does it.

Leave a comment:

• FoamOvercast17
    replied
    Originally posted by Skosh25 View Post
    Tornado!
    That's funny, when I saw this thread the first jet I thought of was a Tornado. I used to see them in videos when my Dad was in the Air Force and judging the Bomb Competition down at Nellis AFB. The Tornados would fly in from England. Those guys could TEAR IT UP down in the canyons of the southwest U.S.. Such a cool airplane!

Leave a comment:

• Skosh25
    replied
    Originally posted by Petronio View Post
    Is it me or..its about time for a new cool jet release? I would love to see something out of the ordinary.
    Tornado!

Leave a comment:

• Petronio
    replied
    Is it me or..its about time for a new cool jet release? I would love to see something out of the ordinary.

Leave a comment:

• Luqman Khan
    replied
    is this the quiet before the storm???

Leave a comment:

• Laserdude
    replied
    Still waiting for my Cougar. In this livery please. Click image for larger version  Name:	Coufar white and red.jpg Views:	0 Size:	179.5 KB ID:	310227

Leave a comment:

• Flanker271
    replied
    Su-25 Frogfoot

Leave a comment:

• andrewqle
    replied
    I wouldn't mind seeing a mid-sized airliner of some kind.

I'm only speaking for myself when I say this, but as awesome as it is, the AL37 is just way too big to store and transport. If there was an airliner model closer to the size of the 64mm A-10, that be really awesome.

Leave a comment:

• Tigerman
    replied
    Thinking a twin 80mm F 15 to go up against the Mig 29. That would be nice 😊

Leave a comment:

• T- Elbert
    replied
    F-8 crusader 90mm
    last gunfighter
    sooo cool

Leave a comment:

• Laserdude
    replied
    Cougar Please!

Leave a comment:

• KevinMar
    replied
    Originally posted by gooniac33 View Post
    we need some new stuff!! Tired of the same old boring planes! Let's get a Sepcat Jaguar, some Century Series Birds (F-101 and F-106) and maybe even some new stuff like a 90mm F-35C with the bat wings!! Or better yet... the F-15EX!!!!
    Love those suggestions, but unfortunately I don't see something like a Jaguar, F-101 or F-106 working with an EDF without an ugly cheater intake.

A 90mm F-35C, with the lighter wing loading, would be fantastic, as would a scale twin 90mm F-15EX to show the Mig-29 who's boss

Leave a comment:

• gooniac33
    replied
    we need some new stuff!! Tired of the same old boring planes! Let's get a Sepcat Jaguar, some Century Series Birds (F-101 and F-106) and maybe even some new stuff like a 90mm F-35C with the bat wings!! Or better yet... the F-15EX!!!!

Leave a comment:

• kallend
    replied
    Originally posted by 406PIlot View Post
    I love my eflite f4. I did upgrade and put the fms 2100kv fan/motor combo in it.
    I love mine too, and put the same EDF unit in it as you did. I don't think it's a particularly difficult plane to fly.

Leave a comment:

• 406PIlot
    replied
    I love my eflite f4. I did upgrade and put the fms 2100kv fan/motor combo in it.

I would spend all the money to get a really big twin 80mm f4 from motion. It's such a great flyer a real twin would be amazing!

Leave a comment:

• Wild Man
    replied
    Originally posted by PikeStaff View Post
    The E-Flite F-4 was an experts plane; in every respect. Just like their F-86, they built an airplane that was fast and heavy - not a terrible challenge for truly experienced r/c pilots, but a disaster for everybody else. Like their 1:1 counterparts, they simply could not be slowed down to speeds average pilots are used to, and continue to fly. Thin wings and very high unit loadings are fine as long as speed is held - they are a guarantee of stalled failure if it isn’t. They were beautiful airplanes, excellent flyers in the hands of folks who understood what they needed to be successful - but not for the average, everyday foamy EDF pilot.

A big twin 80mm Phantom, done by the guys who understand their market (I.e., Motion crew), with real detail and attention to the necessary attributes - flying characteristics - would be a home run of probably unparalleled experience. Flaps and full-flying stab are absolutes; slats are a No. Gear doors, and reasonably-close-to-scale gear are mandatory......make the gear, especially the nose gear, stout enough to withstand grass use without failing in 10 easy landings. The extending nose gear was the Navy’s requirement, to get this mammoth fighter off a carrier deck, so unnecessary for us. Arresting hooks should be as per the Skyhawk; there, and attractive, but not operating. Weapons loads, cockpit details, paint / decal options, all are really strong sales incentives. And as big as this is likely to be, there ought to be lots of batt space for upgrades to 8s or bigger.

But if the sled doesn’t fly pretty doggone well, it will die a quick death. Like the E-Flite Phantoms and Sabres did. Make this fly right and they will have mucho trouble keeping them in stock.
    I got my E-flite F-4 Phantom when it first came out and Still flying it to day I still look at the Free Wing F-4 al lot and may get one yet but for now I love the one I got and fly the crap out of it. I just put on a new set of tires, ( no tread left on the original set ) This is one of the video's I took at one of the places I fly but is a little confined for this type of plane. I was a little hot on this landing but it will come in slower, but I hadn't flown it for a few months so I always keep my speed up until I get a few flights in on this one but I do like the way it fly's this was last July and since them I have put many more flights on it The Free Wing is very tempting https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azmEPvmIH5E

Leave a comment:

• T-CAT
    replied
    Cougarrrrrrrrrrrr

Leave a comment:

• James
    replied
    Not going to argue the coolness factor of a Panther or Cougar that's for sure. They certainly are bad to the bone

Leave a comment:

Working...
X