First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F106DeltaDart
    replied
    Originally posted by MrSmoothie View Post
    For the life of me, I can't understand why people request the T-33 (a trainer) and not the F-80 (single seat fighter). Alpha, is there a reason for the T-33 to be a better subject for a foamie EDF (CG, whatever)? A 90mm F-80, I'm hitting the buy button.

Also, I know I'm dreaming, but to me, the Grumman F9F Panther (straight wing, as in Bridges at Toko Ri) is one of the most iconic cold war jets and flown by everybody from William Holden (that's a joke) to Neil Armstrong, John Glenn and even baseball great Ted Williams. I spent a number of hours improving and repainting an ancient Starmax (I think) Panther, including carefully research markings duplicating Brubaker's Toko Ri bird (which was an actual aircraft for the filming of the movie).
    At least for me, I love the T-33 because of its long service history. The last T-33 was still in active service until the early 90s! It trained several generations of pilots, and really proved itself in that role. I’m also biased because my Dad got to fly in one, and I’ve wanted to paint one in his Squadron markings for a while. Don’t get me wrong, the P-80 is great as well, and held an extensive combat record in Korea, but as one of the early jets, it was quickly outclassed by jets such as the F-86, and phased out of being a frontline fighter within a few years. Compare that to the 40+ years the T-33 remained training new pilots and being used for system testing.

And a BIG +1 on an F9F Panther! A John Glenn or Armstrong paint scheme would sell me in a heartbeat! I’ve hovered over the buy button many-a-time for the RC Lander version, but have held out in hopes of a Freewing bird. The little 64mm was my first EDF, and it flew excellent, and would love to have a larger one with retracts. Excellent work on the Toko Ri scheme as well! The rescue helicopter from that movie (Sikorsky HO3S) remains one of my favorite aircraft. At some point, I want to try my hand at 3D printing a scale fuselage for one.

Leave a comment:

• Evoman
    replied
    Originally posted by MrSmoothie View Post
    For the life of me, I can't understand why people request the T-33 (a trainer) and not the F-80 (single seat fighter). Alpha, is there a reason for the T-33 to be a better subject for a foamie EDF (CG, whatever)? A 90mm F-80, I'm hitting the buy button.

Also, I know I'm dreaming, but to me, the Grumman F9F Panther (straight wing, as in Bridges at Toko Ri) is one of the most iconic cold war jets and flown by everybody from William Holden (that's a joke) to Neil Armstrong, John Glenn and even baseball great Ted Williams. I spent a number of hours improving and repainting an ancient Starmax (I think) Panther, including carefully research markings duplicating Brubaker's Toko Ri bird (which was an actual aircraft for the filming of the movie).
    I have asked my self that very question about the T-33. Not sure why people would prefer that over the P-80. If anything they could make two different cockpit hatches so that those that what a T-33 can just swap out the cockpit.

Leave a comment:

• MrSmoothie
    replied

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_8595.JPG Views:	0 Size:	246.7 KB ID:	201835Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_8593.JPG Views:	0 Size:	242.8 KB ID:	201834Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_8597.JPG Views:	0 Size:	241.8 KB ID:	201833

Leave a comment:

• cashmoneybrother
    replied
    Yes..F100 Please!!! With no decals applied just in case some of us want to get creative.

Leave a comment:

• Valkpilot
    replied
    Go big or go home:

Leave a comment:

• DCORSAIR
    replied
    Please do a 90mm F-35 like it's little brother 70mm, the 70mm flies awesome but just a little to small for my liking, I had to try one and it looks and flies great, I like the 90mm jets, I bet it would be another sold out and popular EDF...LOL

Leave a comment:

• F106DeltaDart
    replied
    Originally posted by Alpha View Post
    Probably because the intake isn't friendly and neither is the nose retract bay.

But we've overcome higher challenges, so who knows?
    Well, I happen to know of a certain Delta winged interceptor with fairly simple ducting, and that has easy 90 degree retracts, that has never been produced in foam.. :). Seems to be an easy gap to fill.

Leave a comment:

• Alpha
    replied
    Probably because the intake isn't friendly and neither is the nose retract bay.

But we've overcome higher challenges, so who knows?

Leave a comment:

• OV10
    replied
    I'm more of the prop jock but it still never ceases to amaze that the powers to be have not responded to the clamour over the years for the F-100 Super Sabre.
    It was the plane that flew more fighter missions in Vietnam than all other fighters combined and was the Air Forces first supersonic jet.
    Now I'm sure Alpha can find some unique history to model this after(make sure it's a D version);)

Leave a comment:

• Alpha
    replied
    It did for a while, but five years was an eternity ago at the pace the Hobby is evolving.

Leave a comment:

• Ron1950
    replied
    they already have the f5 and personally I don't think it sold all that well (just my opinion) so not sure they will come out with a t38 which I have ridden in lol...I was hoping for a 80mm F100 or T33 or P80 or T2 I could go on but they don't listen to me anyway :)

Leave a comment:

• tclaridge
    replied
    I was hoping that the success of the A-10 would prompt them to release a twin 80mm Me-262. It would be a great flyer with awesome presence in the air. They started with 70mm A-10s, and then did the big one. The Me-262 should follow the same path!

Leave a comment:

• AkumaZeto
    replied
    one of these days super scale 90mm f100 would be nice

Leave a comment:

• Tanguy51
    replied
    Rafale single 90mm should be sooo niceeee !!!! At the seconde it was in pre order ...... I buy it !
    Or Panavia tornado or A7 Corsaire too !!!

Leave a comment:

• Pete914
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Pete914
    replied
    Dual 90mm T-38!!! Nobody makes this or has made this. Please MotionRC, you're our only hope :)

Leave a comment:

• Ron1950
    replied
    T33 or T2 BUCKEYE 80mm pls

Leave a comment:

• DCORSAIR
    replied
    Originally posted by gooniac33 View Post
    I can't wait for the F-4!!! I don't have the room yet but will soon....
    I made room for one, sold one of my 90mm F-16, so bring on the Dirty Bird.......!!!:)

Leave a comment:

• gooniac33
    replied
    I can't wait for the F-4!!! I don't have the room yet but will soon....

Leave a comment:

• MOFO1
    replied
    " Mucho Macho trouble say I. There was a clue given sometime back. Cannot recall if it was on this site or RCG. I do believe it was from someone at MRC. The clue was "don't give up hope or don't lose hope" when queried about the F-4. This was during the time the teaser photos for the 64mm F-105 were released. There are times when what is not said is as important or more important then what is said. This observation is based on decades of experience negotiating with some pretty tough hombres. Backwards keep talking I do. " WAS I RIGHT OR WAS I RIGHT. I ORIGINALLY POSTED THIS ON JAN-28. BACKWARDS KEEP TALKING I DO.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X