Motion RC Gift Cards - The Perfect Gift!

You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Freewing 80mm F-5E Tiger II

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RE: Freewing 80mm F-5E Tiger II

Test flight with landing lights
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4Hepjsn8W4&feature=youtu.be

Comment

MRC, do you have an estimate on when more spare parts will be available? I'm in desperate need of a new fuse, but don't want to have to order from China direct.

Thanks!
      Pat

Comment

https://youtu.be/Gv7ZFYKFmqg

Comment

Those lights are wicked awesome! Nice touch!
          Off with one helluva roar!
          AMA 1085465

Comment

Morning peeps
            Just acquired the F5, have time to finish and im stuck on somethibg simple. The elevator position looks to be at 30% when plug it in. Should the stabs be level or does this bird require it to be in climb. Servos horns are both in same postion and so are rods. Im not sure if i should pull horns off and level out the elevator stabs and put back on servos. Thought id ask before something wrong happens and i have no room to descend. Any help would be great

Comment

Originally posted by jetlag
              Morning peeps
              Just acquired the F5, have time to finish and im stuck on somethibg simple. The elevator position looks to be at 30% when plug it in. Should the stabs be level or does this bird require it to be in climb. Servos horns are both in same postion and so are rods. Im not sure if i should pull horns off and level out the elevator stabs and put back on servos. Thought id ask before something wrong happens and i have no room to descend. Any help would be great
              Page 13 of your manual should show an actual photo of where the elevator angle should be. I find it pretty accurate.

Comment

Originally posted by urrl
                Morning peeps
                Page 13 of your manual should show an actual photo of where the elevator angle should be. I find it pretty accurate.
                Awsome, lost the directions in crazy way but downloaded it off site, now any question to running non digital servos off digital receiver. All but 2 are not digital?.

Comment

Morning peeps
                  Awsome, lost the directions in crazy way but downloaded it off site, now any question to running non digital servos off digital receiver. All but 2 are not digital?.
                  I've had some bad experiences running non digital servos on a digital receiver. Eventually the analogue servos overheated.

Comment

Test flight with landing lights
                    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4Hepjsn8W4&feature=youtu.be
                    Bad A$$

Comment

Anybody with the tiger have 3 position flap settings for tiger, anyone at MRC?

Comment

Morning peeps
                        By the way the pushrods eere 1/4" to long, had to nip them. Servos were it correct position

Comment

The manual can be found on the F-5's product page. Page 13 has a picture showing the elevator neutral point.

http://www.motionrc.com/freewing-f-5-tiger-ii-80mm-edf-jet-pnp/#support

I don't have three position flaps, just up and down. If you wanted to experiment with a mid point, set it somewhere between the up and down settings in the manual.
                          Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Being new to the hobby does different position on the flaps make a big difference on a model or does it depend on the size of the model?

I know the actual aircraft had full down for landing and 1/2 down for take off (if my memory is still correct, that was 83-87). There is also a "flap stab interconnect cable" that also move the stab tips a bit down in the take off position.
                            Off with one helluva roar!
                            AMA 1085465

Comment

Just getting back into the hobby without a ton of experience, it will be at least several months until I'm at a sufficient level to fly this plane reliably. Anyone have any idea how long this model will be in production?, because I really want it. Just can't fly it yet.

Comment

The F-5 was just released earlier this year. We don't foresee Freewing discontinuing it for years. Freewing has a good track record of producing aircraft for a long time; some of their earlier models from years ago are occasionally upgraded to stay current, but otherwise the model itself and its spare parts remain in production.
                                Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Installed a weak battery. Otherwise it flew great. Sheared off the home made landing lights during the crash. No other damage.
                                  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bp5xgmV6buM&feature=youtu.be

Comment

Decided to try a 90mm outrunner 5 blade in the F-5
                                    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RANbP589N2w

Comment

Just got back from the field with the F-5 using 5 blade 90mm outrunner.
                                      Here is the first flight for speed using Admiral 5000mAh 6S battery:
                                      After this flight the second flight with Admiral 5000 6S was throttle managed somewhat; I did get in about 3 loops though at a full 5.5 minutes from take off...

The second flight with Admiral 5000 6S was throttle managed somewhat; I did get in about 3 loops though at a full 5.5 minutes from take off to touch down. Had 22.9 volts left on the battery. Not too shabby at all with the 5 blade 90mm outrunner. :D

Comment

Just got back from the field with the F-5 using 5 blade 90mm outrunner.
                                        Here is the first flight for speed using Admiral 5000mAh 6S battery:
                                        After this flight the second flight with Admiral 5000 6S was throttle managed somewhat; I did get in about 3 loops though at a full 5.5 minutes from take off...

The second flight with Admiral 5000 6S was throttle managed somewhat; I did get in about 3 loops though at a full 5.5 minutes from take off to touch down. Had 22.9 volts left on the battery. Not too shabby at all with the 5 blade 90mm outrunner. :D
                                        Sweet Video, looks faster and higher pitched fan sound.

Comment

I tried to balance my F5E Swiss Version with a 6S 5000mAh Battery and it was still extremely nose heavy, has anyone else had the same issue? I have ordered and received the 6S 4000mAh battery to try as it quite a bit lighter. I Just don't want to add a bunch of weight to the tail to balance it out.

Comment

Working...
                                          X