First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HenryL
    replied
    thanks youw

well there are two rudder leads one from the back of the plane and one from the front, there is no blue box just leads
    aelerons flaps all have two lead y connectors
    there is a landing gear lead triple plugs ,,,,i plugged that in to the gear channel , two are for the main gear imagine one is for the nose wheel , but where to hook up that lead
    also in the front of the airplane there are two leads ,,,landing gear and rudder there is a y connector for them ,,, in the build video he explains everything but can't really see
    where to hook it up
    I will try hooking that y connector to the rudder channel and see what happens thanks again

Leave a comment:

• Alpha
    replied
    HenryL Is the rudder servo and nosewheel steering servo Y-harnessed together and plugged into your receiver's Rudder channel? Or are you running them independently through the box?

Leave a comment:

• HenryL
    replied
    just got the f5, new to all this ,,,,everything good except cannot get the rudder and nosewheel to work together,,,i think i am not hooking it up correctly , using futaba 7 channel receiver any help would be appreciated
    thanks in advance

Leave a comment:

• Apache Jets
    replied
    Originally posted by gooniac33 View Post

The VFC-111 boys changed their scheme up a little bit. I may do that or get it to look more like the local boys of vfc-13 like my 70mm F-16 will be getting....

Also I got an inrunner version sitting at home waiting for me. Got it for a friend and will be updating on performance with the new inrunner compared to the FMS 2000kv set up... then I will be upgrading to the 2100kv FMS set up after I install the new elevator servos!!
    Yea with the power upgrade you would think they would have upgrade the paint scheme to stimulate sales, I know I would buy a third one with a new scheme and HP . I am glad to hear you have a HP version, looking forward to your shake down flights and video .

Leave a comment:

• gooniac33
    replied
    Originally posted by Apache Jets View Post
    I have brought this up before, now that they did the upgrade WHY don't they do a paint scheme upgrade !!
    The VFC-111 boys changed their scheme up a little bit. I may do that or get it to look more like the local boys of vfc-13 like my 70mm F-16 will be getting....

Also I got an inrunner version sitting at home waiting for me. Got it for a friend and will be updating on performance with the new inrunner compared to the FMS 2000kv set up... then I will be upgrading to the 2100kv FMS set up after I install the new elevator servos!!

Leave a comment:

• JamesonC
    replied

Trust me, the F-5 has been out there for awhile! It was one of there first jets that they came out with in a series of releases back in the day. Iam still flying original preorder when it was first released. I clocked it on radar at 134 mph down wind pass flown by AC Glen or Jason Shulman don't remember exactly who was flying it at the time. I was the brave one running the radar, we clocked my 90mm F-104 at 140 mph on the same day.
    I know it has been out a while. My point is that the F5 has two good looking, scale schemes to choose from. Meanwhile, the 90mm Stinger and 70mm Rebel need some love in the scheme dept!

Leave a comment:

• Apache Jets
    replied
    Originally posted by JamesonC View Post

They already do better than most companies, and offer 2 schemes in most of their products. Plus, if they are going to do some paint scheme updates, there are a few that need to come before the F5!!
    Trust me, the F-5 has been out there for awhile! It was one of there first jets that they came out with in a series of releases back in the day. Iam still flying original preorder when it was first released. I clocked it on radar at 134 mph down wind pass flown by AC Glen or Jason Shulman don't remember exactly who was flying it at the time. I was the brave one running the radar, we clocked my 90mm F-104 at 140 mph on the same day.

Leave a comment:

• Apache Jets
    replied
    Tried to upload Marines P-21 paint scheme would not load.. So I put a F-5 in its place.

Leave a comment:

• Apache Jets
    replied
    Its seems like every time you do an power upgrade on other older models you offer a new scheme with it. I have two F-5s, the camo and the Swiss. The camo is the original when it first came out for preorder 4 or 5 years ago or maybe longer.and I really love flying the F-5s and trust me, I have twisted Alphas ear off on the F-5 in pm's over the years. As for a repaint myself, its in line for one but the line is long. Right now I'm finishing a repaint on the FMS PC-21, upgraded to 5s and a marines paint scheme.

Leave a comment:

• JamesonC
    replied
    I have brought this up before, now that they did the upgrade WHY don't they do a paint scheme upgrade !!
    They already do better than most companies, and offer 2 schemes in most of their products. Plus, if they are going to do some paint scheme updates, there are a few that need to come before the F5!!

Leave a comment:

• Warbirdfan29
    replied
    F-5 Tiger II "VFC-13" Aggressor

I finished my work on my Freewing F-5 Tiger II. My power set-up is the 80mm 9-Blade EDF with the 3530-1900 kv Outrunner (same like the A-10 or Mirage 2000) with the regular 100 A ESC. With this fan the F-5 Tiger II has fantastic
    flight characteristics because of less weight and lots of power. It is almost as fast as the MIRAGE 2000.
    I´ve painted my F-5 in glossy black with REVELL aqua color. The decals are from Callie Graphics. Thank you Callie!!!
    A droptank, landing light and an LED afterburner set from RC Castle complete my EDF jet.
    Here are a few pics from my customize process.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• OV10
    replied
    Maybe because there is SO MANY color schemes to chose from that FW would probably miss the mark on yours and many others favs ??.
    This bird is used by many different nationalities in many different camo and plain variations so the options are plentiful to break the paint brush/gun out and learn another aspect of modeling.

Leave a comment:

• Apache Jets
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Jets and Wings
    replied
    Originally posted by James View Post

Just flew it the other day. I have no reference to how she used to fly, but tons of power in the new inrunner setup for sure. Lots of fun!

Ready for the maiden, but the weather is bad at the moment over here..... And by the way, great video and flight....

Leave a comment:

• James
    replied
    Originally posted by Jets and Wings View Post
    Hello I'm Robert from Germany!

Just installing some LED-Afterburners on my F-5 with the Freewing Inrunner upgrade. Anyone have flown this upgrade already? Experience with it?
    Just flew it the other day. I have no reference to how she used to fly, but tons of power in the new inrunner setup for sure. Lots of fun!

Leave a comment:

• gooniac33
    replied
    Originally posted by Jets and Wings View Post

Just installing some LED-Afterburners on my F-5 with the Freewing Inrunner upgrade. Anyone have flown this upgrade already? Experience with it?
    Oh wow interesting set up! No idea how that works though...

Leave a comment:

• Elbee
    replied
    Jets and Wings, I do not have experience with your particular LED Afterburner, though the 2 differing units I have installed mount forward of the fan and replace the OEM cone. Hope this helps. By the way, "Welcome to Hobby Squawk". Best, LB

Leave a comment:

• Jets and Wings
    replied

Leave a comment:

• JamesonC
    replied
    Originally posted by Phantom View Post
    Ah, tracking...
    Ironically enough, it just became available!

Leave a comment:

• Phantom
    replied
    Ah, tracking...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X