X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Oxotnik View Post
    Nice. I've been looking around for a better pilot for my Emil, both inside the cockpit and on the transmitter... :-)
    lol...

Same here. For first time ever I know what it feels like to have a challenging airplane. The P40 was a little on the rough side because of its weight, but this plane takes the cake.

As for the pilot, yes. They basically used the Spitfire pilot so I did my own work on top of the current figure and made some adjustments to make him look more the part. I think it was a success!

Heres the video,

Comment

Yep, I'm still struggling to make good take offs. Once the Emil starts to yaw, I have to either stay with the new direction, or cut power and reset. It wouldn't be so bad, but my field has trees lining the far side of our runway. I've made a couple climb-outs with the trees bending and reaching for poor Emil. This is, by far, the most difficult plane to keep running straight on the ground. My Flightline Ta-152 is the most difficult to keep from nosing over on my grass field. I obviously don't have what it takes to be a Luftwaffe pilot... :Loser:
      ---
      Warbirder

Comment

I bought this plane because I love the BF109 ....especially in the Battle of Britain scheme....but I gotta agree with you...this thing has a nasty tendency to either torque roll or the left wing is stalling as it has snap rolled on takeoff
        on me several times....I have many warbirds and EDF s and this is a first .....Once it’s in the air it flies great! Plenty of power....but the takeoff is a challenge

Comment

Tweak the ailerons up (both of them) just a bit.

Not sure of the thread on that model's pushrods for the clevices. If it was 2-56 or 2mm metric fine thread, then I'd say start at 1 turn each to push the ailerons up. (might not easily see the change)

This can go a long way in curing a bad snap-spin issue.
          FF gliders and rubber power since 1966, CL 1970-1990, RC since 1975.

current planes from 1/2 oz to 22 lbs

Comment

This is my first Durafly airplane, .... I see what others have said about replacement parts......there are none....

Comment

I have reflexed my ailerons a bit, and it does help reduce the tendency to tip stall. I have about 10 flights on my Emil now and have finally figured out how to handle her on the ground. I have to ease into the throttle, much more slowly than with other warbirds, let the tail rise, then ease the throttle forward. My takeoff runs tend to be longer than necessary, but at least they're controlled (and look very scale-like... :-))

I cracked my ankle about 6 weeks ago, and haven another week and a half on crutches. I haven't flown my Emil during this time. I"m really anxious to get her back in the sky. She's a gorgeous plane in the air.
              ---
              Warbirder

Comment

[QUOTE=Oxotnik;n133224
                I cracked my ankle about 6 weeks ago, and haven another week and a half on crutches. [/QUOTE]

Sorry to read, well wishes your way. R. :Cool:
                AMA 424553

Comment

Really starting to like this little plane...

Comment

Yes, she's a great looking plane, I was really hoping to see a Flightline R/C 1600 mm BF 109E, but I'm turning blue here...…..:saywha

Grossman56
                    Team Gross!

Comment

Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post
                      Yes, she's a great looking plane, I was really hoping to see a Flightline R/C 1600 mm BF 109E, but I'm turning blue here...…..:saywha

Grossman56
                      ABSOLUTELY!!!!! My FL Spit needs a partner!!!
                      Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

My thoughts exactly, either the Me or a Hurricane!

Grossman56
                        Team Gross!

Comment

My vote is for the 1600 Me 109.....

Comment

Had the little 109 out again today....I have found that using a little flap for take off seems to take care of that snap roll to the left on rotation....also keeping it on the ground just a little longer before rotating with a bit more speed seems to help....once in the air this plane is a pleasure to fly and look at...plenty of power to do just about anything...within reason...Had a gear get stuck down on me and had to disassemble but started working again..and the little motor started making a grinding noise at about half throttle and I took that apart and found a couple of the magnets had come loose..but re-epoxied them and that seems to have fixed that.....All in all its been a pretty good little airplane but not without its issues.......

Comment

You definitely have to treat this Emil with respect on the ground. I flew mine this weekend, too. I flew with an EFlite P-51D Dallas Doll and an EFlite Spit XXIV. On 4S, my Emil was running circles around them. Flew off of a concrete runway this time and she handled just fine (with me easing into the throttle). Fun flights!
                              ---
                              Warbirder

Comment

Airspeed is your friend with a plane that tends to snap roll at slow speeds. The suggestion about raising each of you ailerons a bit was a good one. Also, check you CG. If it's a little tail heavy, it will tend to snap. Get up to a high elevation, point the nose straight down, pull the throttle and neutralize the elevator. If the plane tends to climb, that would indicate it's a slight bit nose heavy. If it tends to tuck under, then it's tail heavy. One of these could be the source of your plane's tendency to snap.
                                I have the Durafly T-28 (yellow one) it flies on the recommended 4S battery and it flies like it's on rails. Stable on approach, good airspeed, and the finish on the foam is fantastic. You have to look hard for the beads in the foam under the yellow finish. It flies as well as my FMS 1450mm Mustang and is faster on the 4s battery. Of course it's a bit smaller than the FMS Mustang.at only 1200 mm;
                                FMS P-51B 1400 mm
                                Durafly T-28
                                1875 mm B-17 (lost in midair with FW-190 at Bomber Field)
                                Flyzone DE Havilland Beaver
                                Durafly 1200 mm F4U Corsair

Comment

Have quite a few flights on the little 109 now...and it is one of my favorites....but I think I say that about just about all of them....she’s beautiful in the air and love to do low fly bys with it....The only drawback I can say with the Durafly models is the absolute lack of parts....I think I may just have to buy another one since they seem to be the only game in town at present.....

Comment

Just an update....still fighting the apparent tip stall issue on take off and landing....If you get at all slow on a no flap landing it will snap on you in a heartbeat....Same on takeoff....if you try and rotate before she is ready...very unforgiving....but once in the air she is a pleasure to fly.....

Comment

Flew mine on Saturday with the bomb-drop for the first time.. My Bf-109 has spent most of its time hanging on the wall as a decoration, but every once in a while I take it down and fly it. And as I do, I like it more and more. Hand launch and land on wheels... Horrible landings on this outing, but hey...

Comment

I was having difficulty with takeoff, and I kept burning up motors and ESC. I switched to a 3S 2600 battery instead of the recommended 4s battery. The motor is staying (relatively) cool, only a slight increase in temperature whereas before the motor was burning hot. Because of the heat, the magnets would loosen and the motor would fail. With 3S battery I get 6 minutes at wide open and 300 Watts so the performance is still spectacular. Best of all I can take off now from the ground and not worry about torque rolling to the left.

Comment

Working...
                                        X