Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here is my repaint, Tuskegee livery:Little Freddy.

Comment

Great job! How did you make out peeling decals? Was this Old Crow or Iron Ass originally?

Grossman56
      Team Gross!

Comment

I need to replace the plastic motor mount in the fuselage. Have anyone done this? I assume that since MotionRC is offering a replacement part - there must be a way to yank the old, cracked one out???
        Thanks for any help/advice in this matter.

Comment

From what I can see, there would be some careful cutting involved. Remove the plastic nose piece. You'll see the split where the two sides join.
          Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_4048.jpg Views:	0 Size:	98.8 KB ID:	383311
          Same with the bottom once the plastic speaker cover is removed. (Probably only need to cut the joint forward of the speaker cavity)

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_4064.jpg Views:	0 Size:	93.9 KB ID:	383312

If it was me, I'd cut those two lines free and spread the fuse at the nose, carefully breaking the motor mount free, install the new one with liberal amounts of Foam Tac
          and then glue the two halves back together. It should work.

BTW, the pics are from the repair job I did to MLG II a couple of years ago for a bent nose.

Looks much better now!
          Click image for larger version  Name:	_CAM2230.jpgadjusted.jpg Views:	0 Size:	119.8 KB ID:	383313Click image for larger version  Name:	_CAM2233.jpgadjsuted.jpg Views:	0 Size:	129.2 KB ID:	383314Click image for larger version  Name:	_CAM2248.jpgadjusted.jpg Views:	0 Size:	95.5 KB ID:	383315

Grossman56
          Team Gross!

Comment

Working...
          X