Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The only thing I've found so far that needed modifications was the wheel axle bolts were to short to grab the loc-nut , i just replaced them with ones 5mm longer .

Comment

Thanks for the input...Glad the maiden went well! I will have to snag one soon.
      My YouTube RC videos:
      https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

Four more flights today in a pretty good wind of about 15mph . I'm getting the rates turned up slowly and doing some snappy rolls and loops . Checked all the screws and ball links over , all looking good and tight . Getting 8 mins with a year old 5000mah 6s Gens-ace.

Comment

Here's a paint code from Lowes , near perfect match for the orange ! I've picked up a little hanger rash transporting this big bird .

Comment

Just had this happen today.

Comment

Be very very careful with locktight around the plastic of the mount. Get any on there and that will cause a bad day too.

Comment

If 1400mm is not big enough for you Todd, FMS has a 2000mm Extra 330 coming soon!

Comment

Man I dont think that thing will fit in my equinox. Lol

Comment

Looking at buying a votec and have been trying to gather as much info as possible before I make the purchase. Specs say it uses a 15x7 prop, but I’m not finding them readily available. Has any one tried a different prop other then what it ships with?

Comment

Originally posted by Wildcard View Post
                      Looking at buying a votec and have been trying to gather as much info as possible before I make the purchase. Specs say it uses a 15x7 prop, but I’m not finding them readily available. Has any one tried a different prop other then what it ships with?
                      At Motion RC we carry the largest selection of electric and gas powered radio control (RC) planes, boats, buggies, cars, helicopters, tanks, trucks, and much more. We also offer a huge selection of lipo batteries, chargers, ESCs, gas engines, motors, radios, and servos. Shop our lowest prices with free shipping.

I bought this as a spare , haven't tried it as of yet though .

Comment

I saw that prop as well and wasn’t sure if it would perform like the stock one. The 15x7 wood prop is an odd duck for sure and one would think it would readily available on sites that sell the votec. Here is the FMS # for the prop FMSPROP050.

Comment

Originally posted by Wildcard View Post
                          I saw that prop as well and wasn’t sure if it would perform like the stock one. The 15x7 wood prop is an odd duck for sure and one would think it would readily available on sites that sell the votec. Here is the FMS # for the prop FMSPROP050.
                          Yes , and it's on back order already at HH and not listed as a spare part here at Motoin

Comment

I'm running a 15X8 on mine.
                            TiredIron Aviation
                            Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post
                              Is the 15x8 more matched to the plane do you think, what battery are you using?
                              Thanks !

Comment

Originally posted by Bajora View Post
                                If 1400mm is not big enough for you Todd, FMS has a 2000mm Extra 330 coming soon!

Now we're cookin' with oil!
                                My YouTube RC videos:
                                https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

Originally posted by Hemidoo View Post

Is the 15x8 more matched to the plane do you think, what battery are you using?
                                  Thanks !
                                  Seems to be...I'm using 6S 4000 and 6S 5000.
                                  TiredIron Aviation

Comment

Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post
                                    Are you running a wood prop or a plastic one and have you ran a watt meter on it?

Comment

Wood, I haven't checked it with a meter.
                                      TiredIron Aviation

Comment

Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post

Now we're cookin' with oil!
                                        And to help you "visualize" how large this one is and what it can do ... a short teaser vid. Sorry for the slightly off-topic posts ... this one needs it's own thread.

Comment

If I’m not mistaken the 330 will use 12s power. That’s getting a bit pricey with the cost of decent lipos. That size bird I’d be more inclined to go with a gas powered aircraft not manufacturerd from foam. The votec for me seems to be at the threshold of size and battery affordability. I’m still on the fence even there and have been watching for more feedback from votec owners but there has not been much. The votec has been in my cart at MRC for 3 weeks but I’m still not convinced I want to add it to my hanger. Seeing not much activity on the votec leads me to believe it’s not a good seller and in short time could lead to being discontinued and that means no parts availability.

Comment

Working...
                                          X