Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrandonTW82 View Post
    I might try that 15 by 7 prop, What size ream do I need for it
    Hmmm ... no idea really , i have a habit of using a step drill slowly until it fits nice and tight . APC does supply various centering rings with each prop .

Comment

Still enjoying flying the votec and have not had any issues except for the landing gear beginning to loosen in its mount more then likely due to rough field conditions. This bird is a blast to fly.

Comment

Same here , still holding up well ! A few shims and some glue have kept my LG tight after a few hard landings

Comment

If anyone needs predator 30g servos, I have 5 for sale on classifieds. My Votec went bye bye, so I bought a gas 50cc lol/

Comment

I really like this plane except for 1 thing - How can the pilot land this plane when he can't see over the dash? Just wondering if anyone has tried removing the canopy to put in the right sized pilot? I can't believe FMS would put this plane out with an under sized pilot compared to the plane

Comment

How does this plane compare to the e flite extra 300. Im currently trying to decide between the two and not sure which to purchase. I will mostly be flying more sport aerobatics then 3D.

Comment

Originally posted by jpd424 View Post
                How does this plane compare to the e flite extra 300. Im currently trying to decide between the two and not sure which to purchase. I will mostly be flying more sport aerobatics then 3D.
                The Votec is 6s power , the 300 is only 3-4s i'm thinking

Comment

flew the maiden flight today with the vortec. the plane fly's great! had a issue about 6 mins into first flight. lost all elevator control but had control on all other services. told my son no elevator wiggled wings, moved throttle around and everything responded as it should watched it slowly descend for about 10 seconds then it hit the ground. told my adult son to hold radio, I went a gathered up plane, no control on elevator until half way back to him then the elevator servo started humming and everything seemed fine. cannot seem to repeat the issue. we tried everything. ranged checked, doubled check all connections and wiggled wires everything good. it was a brand new admiral receiver but I have them in a couple of other planes with no issues. in 30 years of flying I have never had this happen. I would think if there was a receiver issue I would loose everything not just one control surface. patching it up and swapping rudder servo for elevator and changing receiver out for a spectrum and see what happens. I wish the servo would of not started working again! any body else had issues with fms servos or admiral receivers?

Comment

Originally posted by Bill S View Post
                    flew the maiden flight today with the vortec. the plane fly's great! had a issue about 6 mins into first flight. lost all elevator control but had control on all other services. told my son no elevator wiggled wings, moved throttle around and everything responded as it should watched it slowly descend for about 10 seconds then it hit the ground. told my adult son to hold radio, I went a gathered up plane, no control on elevator until half way back to him then the elevator servo started humming and everything seemed fine. cannot seem to repeat the issue. we tried everything. ranged checked, doubled check all connections and wiggled wires everything good. it was a brand new admiral receiver but I have them in a couple of other planes with no issues. in 30 years of flying I have never had this happen. I would think if there was a receiver issue I would loose everything not just one control surface. patching it up and swapping rudder servo for elevator and changing receiver out for a spectrum and see what happens. I wish the servo would of not started working again! any body else had issues with fms servos or admiral receivers?
                    I've had zero problems with both brands ... but stuff does happen !

Comment

Originally posted by Bill S View Post
                      Sorry to Hear that.. I just got mine setup and plan on doing the Maiden this weekend.

David

Comment

Great thread guys, I read it all...

I have a very serious question regarding the FMS Votec 322... Today, my friend tried to maiden his and it didn't go well, due to a CG issue... We set the CG using the Great Planes CG meter at 120mm back from the leading edge of the wing per the manual, and it balanced perfectly with 56g of weight added to the internal area of the plastic motor mount with a Hyperion G8 6s 3300 battery that weights 399 grams (which is VERY light for a 6s). I saw one person was using a Zippy 6S compact 4500 pack which weighs 725 grams in this aircraft. Maybe he should sell the super light ones and buy heavier packs that weigh around 700+grams? When he attempted to take-off today, the CG was very tail heavy, and he saved total destruction by aborting a takeoff...

We checked the plane again on the CG meter, and he thinks that the center of lift is actually 40mm forward of the 120mm (manual suggested CG) making the accurate CG possibly around 80mm? If that is the case (and I didn't see anyone on here mentioning CG issues with this aircraft??), we measured with the plane on the Great Planes CG meter that it would take around 1,200 grams to balance the aircraft with the battery in the most forward position. However, this seems very strange to me (due to the amount of weight needed and he made no modifications to the aircraft), so I wanted to reach out for some help with this please from some actual FMS Votec 322 owners? He is dying to actually get it into the air, but it is grounded until we hear back from you... Thanks again guys!

Comment

The Admiral 3300mah 6s i use are about 490g and about 740g on the 5000mah . The past few flights i've been using a 4000mah Jetwerx 50c that's 550g . I really don't find this plane CG sensitive and have no added weight at all .

Comment

Thank you very much Hemidoo... Can you or any other Votec owners please confirm that you are using the 120mm factory CG setting with your batteries all the way forward? I guess our idea to move the CG to 80mm is not the right idea... Thanks again!

Comment

Originally posted by Vegas_RC_ACE View Post
                              Thank you very much Hemidoo... Can you or any other Votec owners please confirm that you are using the 120mm factory CG setting with your batteries all the way forward? I guess our idea to move the CG to 80mm is not the right idea... Thanks again!
                              I'll set it up and check the CG , i know with the 3300 i run with it all the way forward ... up in to the back of the motor

Comment

Hemidoo, thanks again you're the best! So you are pushing the battery all the way forward and have it over the hard plastic part on the back of the motor mount pushed as close to the motor's rear as you can get it? We were stopping the battery right at the end of the balsa area prior to the plastic firewall section. Thanks again for checking the CG mm you have it set at, including which battery (and its weight). We used the manual and set it at the average which is 120mm and we used a 399 gram pack and added about 50 grams of weight to the inside of the firewall section. Thanks again Hemidoo, once we hear back from you we should be able to try the maiden again on Thursday.

Comment

Hi Vegas
                                  after checking the CG , with the 3300 its really close to 120mm battery weight of 490g. And yes its tucked all the way up the plastic mount.. Click image for larger version

Name:	20190930_205136.jpg
Views:	796
Size:	58.5 KB
ID:	215115Click image for larger version

Name:	20190930_205444.jpg
Views:	824
Size:	62.3 KB
ID:	215116Click image for larger version

Name:	20190930_205601.jpg
Views:	739
Size:	91.4 KB
ID:	215117

With the 4000 it's 120mm with myplacement, 550g battery

Comment

Hemidoo, thank you so very much for taking the time to help a couple of rookies.... This is the exact information and pics we needed so he can actually get it to fly! You didn't have to do this but you did because you are a GREAT PERSON!!! You are beyond kind and thoughtful thanks again Hemidoo and may all your flights be blessed!!!!

Comment

No problem , hope it all works out for you !

Comment

Originally posted by Vegas_RC_ACE View Post
                                        Hemidoo, thank you so very much for taking the time to help a couple of rookies.... This is the exact information and pics we needed so he can actually get it to fly! You didn't have to do this but you did because you are a GREAT PERSON!!! You are beyond kind and thoughtful thanks again Hemidoo and may all your flights be blessed!!!!
                                        Any news ?

Comment

• Hemidoo,

Sorry for the delay... We took it out and it flew VERY well he did some sport flying and all was well. Until the landing... He did several passes and it was about 10-15' off the runway and then he was at 5:40 and needed to get her down before the battery died (3300). He brought her in hard (straight down) and it crumpled the landing gear and ripped the landing gear foam area and gear right out of the plane. He ordered a new fuse from Motion that will be here tomorrow. We will rebuild her tomorrow... He was very upset but is staying with it but he will have to get the landings down on the paved runway.

Comment

Working...
                                          X