First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If it were me I'd use 13x8 3 blade. Possibly 13-6

Comment

Originally posted by rifleman_btx View Post
      Much better option, so what's the plan with the cowlings?
      With the current cowls being cut for the glow engines, that is a challenge. I can patch and glass or even reform an entire cowl (X 4). But, I have some replacements that will work well!!! I hope.... :Cool:

Comment

I have 13X8 and 14X7 props coming for tests... The Saito 82 uses 12x6.... Need to have more prop for the eflite 60 for sure....

Comment

Very nice!

Comment

Originally posted by fhhuber View Post
            What props you planning to use with the Power 60s?
            The higher the pitch, the better... The 60 has a lot of power, and the bigger diameter props are great, but they have to clear the fuselage!

Comment

Well. my awesome wife helped me move the giant B-17G fuselage into the house last night!!! She is just wonderful. On the down side, I really hurt my back and hamstring playing with my daughter in the pool... So since I can't just run around and work, I have been doing research and measurements for the scale interiors, and then ordering all the details from Motion and other sources... Ordered 8 meters of 10 gauge wire, of each color, today... Lots to do!!! That is overkill, but I don't want to run out of the big wires... Pics to follow...

Comment

This is a big bird. The horizontal stab is approx. 52" ! The rest of the parts for the motor testing arrive tomorrow!

Comment

Amazing project that is for sure. Congratulations. Those original Saitos look like they have done little work. Always wanted one and could never afford one. LOL

Comment

Its gonna be nice, I'm looking forward to seeing it

Comment

Originally posted by Hardway View Post
                      Well. my wonderful wife helped me move the giant B-17G fuselage into the house last night!!! She is just wonderful.
                      Hardway, I knew you had a soft spot.:Heart:What a great rebuild.:Cool: Would love to have a 72" or so version. Amazing work. Best to you my unknown friend, LB
                      I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                      ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                      ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

Thanks LB! And GK, those Saito engines have about a gallon each through them now, maybe a little less. They were new in the pic I posted. ;) Appreciate you guys!

Comment

Anyone who has built a Westcraft B-17 or a Stafford B-24 aircraft. All I can say is I appreciate your time and effort when I get a chance to see one fly!!!
                          Amazing sight to see. Good luck on the electric conversion.

John

Comment

:Cool: Thanks for the support!!! It will be all good!! (I hope!!) LOL

Comment

Did a test stand motor run... Eflite Power 60. 8mm prop shaft adapter. Master Airscrew 13x8 (3) blade. 10 gauge wire all around. EC-5 connectors. Admiral 5000 mAh 6s. 44.97 amps, 1007 watts, with 9270 RPM full throttle... CC 100 ESC... What do you guys think??

Comment

It will be brother

Comment

Times FOUR!!! For 43lbs....

Comment

Originally posted by Hardway View Post
                                    Times FOUR!!! For 43lbs...
                                    Hrdwy, Impressive. Best, LB
                                    I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                                    ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                                    ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

Very nice!

Comment

From everything stated, your getting there but it seems like your under proping the motors. I would expect a bit higher amp draw at WoT. After test flying my CZ T-28 with the 500Kv Power 60 that comes stock, I switched to an MA 16x10 Beechwood two blade prop. I’m right around 13lbs on that airframe and it rips with lots of extra power. I use a 6s 8000mAh battery and come in at 80Amp at WoT.

Do do you have any way to test how many pounds of force your developing on the 13x8’s...?

Comment

Following along. This should be a good one.
                                          Mike
                                          \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

Working...
                                          X