X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by F22trainer View Post

I’m fighting the pressure to get the Ryan done for the One Eighth Air Force event on 26 - 28th. Just ain’t gonna do it...
    Yup go with your gut or like I always say listen to little voice in your head, it usually never steers me wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hardway View Post
      No... I wish you had... LOL Still a lot to do and just couldn't make the airshow deadline and then had to take a break. Was going to try to get it done for Grapevine, but my left hamstring and back injury wouldn't have it. It rained out anyway, so now I have until next Spring!! ;)
      Take care of your self with your back, I just thought I had missed some of your progress, Hang in there and get well. R.
      AMA 424553

Comment

• Originally posted by boomer108 View Post

Yup go with your gut or like I always say listen to little voice in your head, it usually never steers me wrong.
        Yeah, work is getting the best of my time and I am in the queue for a new job, but interviews take preparations. So the Ryan has slowed, but I can’t pass up this job.

Comment

• Good luck brother!:Cool:

Comment

• Originally posted by rifleman_btx View Post
            Good luck brother!:Cool:
            Thanks, Matt! I will actually go the final rounds in Ft Worth on the 18th of Dec.

Comment

• Nice! Hopefully i can get up there around that time

Comment

• Jeez, I would hate having to wait for the next season. I fly all year round but admit flying days are cut short due to the heat in the summer. Evenings are superb though. :)

Comment

Thanks for the support!!! I wanted to do the cowls correctly. Almost every gas B-17 has incorrect cowls to accommodate the engines. The cowl flaps are way too far back. I am going to attempt to cut my foam cowls and move the cowl flaps forward and the use the "tube" portion left over for the "front" of the nacelle. I will glass them and it should work out well.... I hope!! :Cool:
                  Wow that's a bunch of work to take on , My Compliments.

Mike
                  \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

• I just found these last night.... These pics are from 2009, I think... Glow powered flight....

Comment

I just found these last night.... These pics are from 2009, I think... Glow powered flight....
                      H, Very nice, but your rebuilt version will be most betterer. Best, LB
                      I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                      ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                      ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Had 4 Power 60’s, + 141 inches of wing. E powered version at One Eighth Air Force last weekend Click image for larger version

Name:	34A547BD-A715-47D7-9283-98C87714DCFF.jpeg
Views:	323
Size:	94.7 KB
ID:	159445

Comment

• Any progress?

Mike

Comment

• I am getting older and fatter by the day!!! But that is the wrong kind of progress!! LOL I have not done any work on her since later October. I did move her out of the living room and into my small trailer for the Christmas celebration! My wife was thankful!!! It is a big bird. Took up almost all the room I had to spare...
                            So after the first of the year, we will start again... Because, before you know it, the airshows will be here and she has to be ready this time!!! Thanks for checking in. I almost posted here the other day just to bump the thread, but I didn't have anything useful to show!! Have a very blessed Christmas Mike!!

Comment

• I hear ya about the older and fatter part. At 65 it's tougher and tougher to take it off even with diet "adjustments". Being retired seems like i have less and less time to do what I want. Something just wrong there.

Mike

Comment

• Good to hear that you just haven't got tired of it... LOL Only been flying my quads lately due to wind and heat. I can sit in the shade and send them on missions while I stay cool. :)

Comment

I am getting older and fatter by the day!!! But that is the wrong kind of progress!! LOL I have not done any work on her since later October. I did move her out of the living room and into my small trailer for the Christmas celebration! My wife was thankful!!! It is a big bird. Took up almost all the room I had to spare...
                                  So after the first of the year, we will start again... Because, before you know it, the airshows will be here and she has to be ready this time!!! Thanks for checking in. I almost posted here the other day just to bump the thread, but I didn't have anything useful to show!! Have a very blessed Christmas Mike!!
                                  Now maybe I get the Ryan done before you finish the bomber, :)
                                  Will be waiting to see production resume, but have a great Holiday celebration. Best wishes to you and the Family Hardway.:Cool:

Comment

• Originally posted by F22trainer View Post

Now maybe I get the Ryan done before you finish the bomber, :)
                                    Will be waiting to see production resume, but have a great Holiday celebration. Best wishes to you and the Family Hardway.:Cool:
                                    Thanks!!! Blessings and Peace and Joy back to you and yours as well!!!! The Ryan is looking good!!

Comment

• Good to hear things are scheduled to go full bore after the holidays. Wondering why no reports but figure you might have had issues of some kind. Looking forward to a progress report when back at it.
                                      Meantime, best wishes for a Happy Holiday Season, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

Comment

• Looking forward to seeing her finished as well!!,

Happy Holiday's!

Comment

• Merry Christmas to all.

Mike

Comment

Working...
                                          X