First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

G'day Shirty,
    I take it that is was a V3 bird?
    What did you have the CG set at?
    I found a difference between the V2 and V3 with the V2 flying sweetly at the 110 but the V3 much better at 95/100.
    I love the whistle that the F4U gets as it goes past around head high.
    It will loop much better than the Mustang but it is more difficult to get a nice straight roll.
    I like to fly mine, it is just that I have not for a while....the Mustangs have been a priority for a while.:D
    Mind you, my F4U won best foamy at a show eighteen months ago. My first modelling trophy and I was not even trying!
    It was a good win though as the machine had been crashed six weeks before and needed some major fuselage repair. Basically the front was gone to the leading edge. I was trying to be too smart and clipped some Parramatta grass and it plucked the blue bird out of the sky.
    Regards and respect as always
    Daryl

Comment

Yeah v3 mate. My mate was only using a 2600 batt, so I had it all the way forward. Wasn't far off I thought, felt fairly balanced in the air, it tracked pretty well straight off, and I'd agree better in a loop, though with full throws on ailerons the rolls were fairly linear, so i was happy enough with the setup to give it back to him for his maiden. Torque pull on takeoff wasn't too bad, needed not too much rudder with a very slow steady application of power to keep it straight, and climbed out nice after getting the tail up. It's a nice flyer.

This is the second fms corsair I've maidened for someone and both were pretty good, though I think I prefer a batt around the 3600 size for a bit better wind handling being in windy Perth. I didn't push this last one around too much being the club secretaries new pride and joy n all... lol :) much better than the lx one at any rate, though I'd rate almost anything better than the lx one. You'll see when I get the vid up what I'm talking about. It's very sloooowwww. And I had both gear door servos and the tail wheel retract dead out of the box, so I left these disconnected cause it takes 6-8 months to get lx parts in oz. also had a main retract dead out of the box, lucky I had a spare set. Had to install some wing bolts on the swing wing, too many videos of the wings folding in flight for my liking. The list goes on... Fms one is good tho lol. ;)

Comment

Love Corsairs. Flew my Durafly Corsair with a scale diameter prop and tail retract for 3 years before I totaled it on takeoff. I was trying to get out of the way of a plane that was dead sticking, and I was a bit enthusiastic with the throttle. I am hoping to acquire one the Hangar 9 20CC Corsairs this summer to serve as a replacement, and my first balsa airframe.

Comment

I do love Corsairs. Big and small. The new Eflite 1.2M is quite a looker. I also like my FMS 1.4M. Slowwwwwwwwww lander, very stable.
          Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Ugh, I still have nightmares from my LX Corsair. Fantastic looks (if you ignored the giant tail) and sweet wing fold feature but you are so right...The components are absolute junk. And dealing with BH at that time for replacement parts?? Nightmare.
            My YouTube RC videos:
            https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

I'm a Corsair junkie. I have 2 Hanger 9 .60, 1 TF .61, 1 Park Zone, 1 FMS 1400 with sound installed, and just got the E Flite 1.2 today.

Comment

Originally posted by F106DeltaDart View Post
                Love Corsairs. Flew my Durafly Corsair with a scale diameter prop and tail retract for 3 years before I totaled it on takeoff.
                Sorry about the loss but I love to see someone who gets it regarding a scale sized prop! Good on ya!
                My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

Sorry, double post

Comment

I enjoyed this one. :)

Comment

And of course you couldn't pick a favorite because there wasn't a blue nose or a red tail ;) among the four!! And yes mate it is slower than normal tonite:p
                      Warbird Charlie
                      HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Lol ...... ;)

Comment

G'day Shirty,
                          I am surprised that the owner went with the 2600....FMS were giving them away with the models at one point and they are all sitting in my 'spares' box. [lol]
                          Nice bright orange ones to help you find them if they fall out of a model. I have been mildly surprised as to how many times I have seen that happen and how many times the battery is never found!! We must have some high powered cows at our flying fields.
                          I have noticed that both versions fly much better with a bit of weight.
                          Keep an eye on the silver rod that actuates the gear doors. They have an annoying habit of popping out of the carrier sockets. It is no real bigger but a pita. I have not put a great deal of thought into how make them stay put. Next project perhaps.
                          One more thing to keep an eye on [info for all pilots here] is fatigue cracking between the landing gear wheel wells and the leading edge. I had this on both of my Corsairs but it is easily fixed by epoxy.
                          Open the crack a little and dribble the epoxy down the gap and let it come back together. I then set the model upside down overnight with the weight on the wings and all has been good with no sign of a return of the crack.
                          Regards and respect.
                          Daryl

Comment

Oh, I forgot to tell you as well, tell the owner to get a spare tail wheel or two. It is a bit fragile and can be strengthened by drilling and fitting a carbon rod up the middle of the strut. Pretty easy and better done when new before fitting.
                            Regards and respect
                            Daryl

Comment

No worries will do. Cheers mate. :)

Comment

Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post

Sorry about the loss but I love to see someone who gets it regarding a scale sized prop! Good on ya!
                                The plan is for the 20CC Corsair to turn a 21" varioprop. I am also going to try using the gear doors form the LX version to add some detail. I look forward to seeing pictures of your 60CC version, that is sure to be an impressive sight!

Comment

Originally posted by Shirty View Post
                                  I enjoyed this one. :)

Now THAT is a great commercial! :D
                                  My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

Ok I've watched it twice at least and still don't know what there advertising.

Comment

Ok. New movie, awesome sounding birds at my club. Turn it up... 2.8 meter wingspan corsairs. Best I could do with only 1 vid of both of them up together, but I'm sure you boys will enjoy it. I hope. Lol.

Ps: I posted it here first. :)

Comment

Excellent Shirty!!
                                        Man if those don't get the testosterone flowing, you might be dead!

Grossman56
                                        Team Gross!

Comment

NOW that's what I'm talking about! Well done Shirty! One of my RC dreams is to own and fly a totally scaled out CARF F4U Corsair with a Moki radial...That's RC warbirds at its finest!
                                          My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

Working...
                                          X