Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Man I'd love to see one of these fly in person.

Comment

Great video, Shirty! I love the sound of those Mokis.

Comment

Great MANLY flick Shirty but was really looking forward to the landing of that beast, nothing shows more of a warbirds piloting skills than that touchdown.
        Warbird Charlie
        HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

Great video Shirty! Those are some impressive models. Maybe someday...

Comment

If there are any girl flyers reading this, these Corsairs are Man Bait!

Grossman56
            Team Gross!

Comment

LOL, indeed! Imagine coming upon a knockout with her own CARF/Moki Corsair. I think my molecules would melt. LOL!
              My YouTube RC videos:
              https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

Thanks fellas. I'm pretty lucky, we have heaps of cool stuff fly from our field. Next vid I'm working on is a giant scale turbine Airbus. (Biggest in the Southern Hemisphere).

Ov, I left the landings out on purpose due to shonky camera work by me. (Was very shaky). Both landings were a bit bouncy, but down safe n sound. Was spewing I had no good vid of the landings.

And I couldn't agree more Todd, if these were owned by a hottie I'd be in love lol. (Even Andrew and pete look remarkably more attractive when they turn up with these. Lmao). ;)

Cheers fellas. :)

Comment

G'day Shirty,
                  Do these models have the folding wing set up as well?
                  I saw a similar looking airframe powered by the same power plant up at Tingalpa last month and the wings did the fold up.
                  It held the floor every time he went out and he was not afraid to fly it off the rain wet grass.
                  The only problem was he did put her down a bit hard and managed to damage the gear quite badly so he retired hurt after five flights and I am sure he had many more in store for us that day.
                  The slow speed handling was awesome as well.
                  Regards and respect
                  Daryl

Comment

They lose brownie points for the single props. ;)
                    My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

Hey Aros, Is Motion ever going to get into CARF's? :D I've been watching youtube vids of giant warbirds with moki radials for awhile now. The sound is incredible. I would love to get far enough into this hobby to build and fly one of those.
                      A guy can dream...:)

Comment

Indeed a guy can dream...I've been dreaming of a CARF Corsair for years. For some strange reason my bank account refuses to grow enough for one.

:D

We are looking into advancing our inventory which would include non-foam aircraft. I don't have any particulars or time lines but the growth into those other types and styles of aircraft seems inevitable.
                        My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

I hear you Aros. But its like going to the car show and looking at the Lamborghinis and Ferraris and drooling but knowing it will never, failing winning the proverbial lottery, be parked on your driveway. Who says sex doesn't sell, just look at these things!!
                          Grossman56
                          Team Gross!

Comment

If I had one I'd be too afraid to fly it and probably just start it and listen to it run and watch the wings go up and down. 😍

Comment

Yup, I hear you, I said the same thing about the Tomcat. Just let her sit on the bench with the theme from Top Gun playing in the back ground and just watch those wings extend and retract. Hypnotic.....

Also, I look a these planes and can't help thinking of the Rolls Royce price attitude, "If you have to ask how much they cost, you can't afford it"

Grossman56
                              Team Gross!

Comment

I agree about gazing at it on the bench, and just listen to it run. Can you imagine the stress or "pucker" factor to maiden one of those? I don't think my heart could take it.:sick::)

Comment

It's so true. When I maidened my Legend Models P-38 my heart was in my throat...I had to remember to breathe, LOL. The stress is unbelievable and that's a $1,600 model. Imagine a CARF/Moki that's well over $10K!! I don't know how I could do it. my fingers would be frozen so the throttle would probably remain idle and I would take her back home just happy she's still pristine, lol.
                                  My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

That's why I like the foamy warbirds. No stress and i can just have fun. Every time I fly one of my more expensive models, no matter how long I've had the plane, I'm stressing. ("Don't crash, don't crash, don't crash" lol). So far my most expensive models are two planes and a heli that cost around $5k each, and they are bad enough. We have a lot of giant scale stuff like the corsairs and turbines at my club, the most expensive is the Airbus at 25k!!! (And two years to scratch build it). Can you imagine the nerves maidening a 25k turbine that took you two years to build? Lol, no thanks I'd probably drop dead of a heart attack. :)

Comment

Ugh, I honestly can't imagine maidening anything over 2 grand.
                                      My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

My Hangar 9 Super Cub prob owed me around $2200 when I maidened her!
                                        The home hangar seems to breed!!

Comment

Trying to think what was the most expensive plane I've ever flown and I think it is the Legend Models P-38. I've had a few that came close but I've never flown a plane worth over 2 grand.

Here's a $10K F-22 exploding (45 second mark)

Skymaster Rafale going in at 15 second mark...

Those poor pilots...
                                          My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

Working...
                                          X