X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flyzone DHC-2T Turbo Beaver 1.5M

Click image for larger version  Name:	FLZA4034C_b0.jpg Views:	1 Size:	109.0 KB ID:	155976

Key Features
    • A scale replica with STOL capability and all-terrain versatility
    • More powerful brushless motor, 3-blade propeller and 40A ESC
    • Receiver-ready with five-channel control including functional flaps
    • Scale detail, authentic corrugation, rivets, plus a well-appointed cockpit
    • Sleek turbine-power appearance features matching prop, intake and exhaust detail
    • Functional LED navigation, anti-collision and landing lights
    • Two-piece wing with carbon fiber spars, hinged flap and dual-servo ailerons
    • Wing fences improve low speed performance and make landings easier
    • Durable landing gear with large tundra-style tires and a steerable tailwheel
    • Includes matching float set with water rudders for great surface handling
    • Factory-finished with a vibrant paint scheme and graphics
    • Easy assembly—can be ready to fly in less time than it takes to charge a battery

Overview

No other aircraft in the North American Territory has made greater community impact serving its pioneers than the De Havilland DHC-2 Beaver. Refurbished versions can be upgraded in many ways, including conversion to turbo-prop engine power. The Flyzone® DHC-2T Turbo Beaver 1.5m delivers a realistic looking model of the outback master with smooth running turbine engine power capable of speeding in and out of any terrain in the territory.
    The Flyzone® DHC-2T Turbo Beaver 1.5m Rx-R is a scale replica of the legendary bush-plane equipped with the most popular STOL extras. Loaded with scale detail upon an authentic outline, from the well-appointed cockpit to the intricate surface features, you’ll be proud to show this model off. At the work bench, it’s a model that takes shape fast with assembly that’s basically a bolt-together process. Two-piece wings are a big part of this model’s convenience along with a completion level that includes a factory-installed power system and servos that are ready for your receiver and battery. The more powerful brushless motor and 3-blade prop deliver the performance punch that inspires bush pilots to take on all conditions and terrain, while operational flaps and built-in wing fences improve slow speed handling. And with the factory-installed LED navigation lights, you don’t have to stop the fun when the lighting gets low. Rugged aluminum landing gear equipped with large tundra-style wheels make it possible to fly from just about any airstrip. But if that’s not enough to excite you, you can also enjoy flying at a pond or lake by bolting on the included floats equipped with dual operational water rudders.
    The Flyzone DHC-2T Turbo Beaver 1.5m Rx-R (PNP) airplane delivers the sleek appearance of a souped-up outback master and the ability to fly with either tundra-style wheels or the included floats, plus includes a free receiver - all at a great, low price!

I saw this pop up in my Facebook feed, at $149.00 with a receiver it seems like a solid product at this price point.

I have no experience with Flyzone, but I have heard that the current Flyzone beaver is a great flyer.

Comment

I agree, that's a good price for a model that size. I've flown a few Flyzone products and I didn't have any major issues. The Beaver was a popular one, to be sure.
      Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Crazy good price and deal at $149!!! You can even use the $15 coupon code at Tower and get it for $134 and it still includes the free Rx.

Comment

Originally posted by JamesonC View Post
          Crazy good price and deal at $149!!! You can even use the $15 coupon code at Tower and get it for $134 and it still includes the free Rx.
          Thanx to Trob and JC for putting the info out here about this absolutely eye opening offer. :Cool:
          How can you not grab this 5 ft span bird with floats AND Rx at this price.;)
          Since I lost a float plane in the incinerator, this will be the first plane of my rebuild campaign.:)
          Warbird Charlie
          HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

I just picked one up, cost me a wopping 108 bucks, and I got two extra props. Apparently I have accumulated a ton of reward points. Discovered them the other day when I was checking my account. This deal can't be beat, LOL.

Woody

Buyer beware, I've bought quite a few planes from Horizon. One before this was the Parkzone Wildcat. I love the way the Wildcat fly's. It is just a very sloppy built plane, and fragile. Biggest complaint, no critical spare parts to be found anywhere, and I mean anywhere. So I was in the process of expanding my storage racks this week and saw this. I think Horizon has had like 8 new releases in the time we've been waiting on foil, LOL. Although I do hope Foil is something much cooler than this. Also be aware they are shipping this with a radio, so you still have to set it all up, install it, etc. It's not a bind and fly bird. At this price I'm certain there will be a few surprises. Kinda like when I got my Freewing F9F. When I opened the box I discovered none of the control horns were installed, (Just FYI I love this little plane). Welp let me tell ya, when you see something like this it usually means the control horns were too much of a pain in the *ss for the factory personal to install, otherwise they would have been installed at the factory, LOL. They were. So I'm pretty certain there will be surprises, so be mentally ready, it will happen.

I've been building a Dynam T-28. When I opened the box, I just thought WOW. Dynam is finally getting there. Had 3 working retracts, Lordy! If you saw the amount of foam I had to trim off the wing seats to get them to fit you would be shocked! Now the wings fit perfectly, but a person newer to assembling and building these would be freaked out, telling everyone how screwed up Dynam is, and there stuff sucks, and don't buy it. Well it's a beautiful plane, wings fit perfectly, and it came with working flaps, when the add just said flaps ready and I needed to complete by adding my own servos and such. It also came with nav lights, wasn't expecting that ether. As I see it I got two nice bonuses, I just had to do a little skilled work to get the wings to fit. No Biggy, at least for me.

Most folks have no idea of how much these plane molds cost to make. If you knew the number you would be astonished to say the least. First you have to use a godly CNC machine to precisely cut out the plane cavities, then the polishing of the cavities. Then the hard work starts, all the parts you don't see. On the back side there are heating, and cooling channels. They have to heat the mold prior to injecting it, and cool the mold prior to ejecting it. All of these heating and cool channels are a precision placement. Then if you break a CNC bit during the machining process, most times you have to start all over with a new piece of metal. I think Dynam just thinks if they can get one that is 95% then heck, they'll just let us do the rest. Some people do, many complain, and rant and rave. But it's pretty hard to beat Dynam's price point. It's also been my personal experience once completed they usually are exceptional flyers.

Sorry about the speal, but that new plane looks good to me. I'm ready for the surprises.

Woody

PS FYI, Horizon has HobbyKing's Grand Tundra market squarely in their sights with this. Make no mistake.

Comment

Great price for sure. The Flyzone Beaver is a great plane. Maybe this is a Flyzone Beaver with a different cowl and color scheme? If so, not a bad thing. Many people loved the original Flyzone Beaver with the radial. Cool they made a Turbo version.
              Click image for larger version  Name:	Capture.JPG Views:	1 Size:	75.5 KB ID:	156044

Comment

Originally posted by Tom.MotionRC View Post
                Great price for sure. The Flyzone Beaver is a great plane. Maybe this is a Flyzone Beaver with a different cowl and color scheme? If so, not a bad thing. Many people loved the original Flyzone Beaver with the radial. Cool they made a Turbo version.
                Click image for larger version Name:	Capture.JPG Views:	1 Size:	75.5 KB ID:	156044
                Man! your right Tom, same plane new paint & cowl. I've never looked much at Flyzone models I guess.

Woody

Comment

Just maidened mine today. It was way out if trim, but once squared away, it flies awesome. This is my second flyzone model, and while it has a few shortcomings, its a heck of a deal. FedEx forgot to drop off my free reciever with the model but luckily i had a spare Admiral. I'll say its very stable in the air, never needed flaps for landing, it floated just fine on its own. The 3 blade prop sounds great, was a whine just like the real turbo. A few drawbacks, the top of the rudder bends very easily, dont lay it on its back. The windshield and cowling are very flimsy and theres no good place to hold it. The battery hatch is small to squeeze radio gear in. It has have a nice slot for the battery, but i had to shave foam off the hatch so it wasnt so tight to close. Can't wait to get it on the floats.

Comment

Back ordered until March !!!

Comment

Originally posted by weedsnager View Post
                      Wait what???? Can I ask how you know?

Comment

tower website
                        Attached Files

Comment

At the price that Tower was clearing them it doesn't surprise me that they are sold out.:Straight-Face: Mine arrives Fri :Cool:
                          Warbird Charlie
                          HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

I called Horizon this morning on my order... they are saying the same thing, March 2019

Comment

Same company

Comment

Hey CaptAmerica, thanks for posting all that useful information! I'm curious if you could tell us if this Flyzone Turbo Beaver is different from the original Flyzone Beaver with the exception of the new cowl and new paint job? The older Flyzone Beaver was a good flyer.

I like the new red!

Thanks
                                Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

I have two Flyzone Beavers, one I keep on wheels (and skies in winter time) and one I leave floats on. They are very nice flying planes and look good in the air. If this turbo version is the same air frame with a new nose, it should be a good flying plane. I hope they will also keep making the old standard version, I like the old round motor look and will eventually need a new one.

Jim

Comment

Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post
                                    Hey CaptAmerica, thanks for posting all that useful information! I'm curious if you could tell us if this Flyzone Turbo Beaver is different from the original Flyzone Beaver with the exception of the new cowl and new paint job? The older Flyzone Beaver was a good flyer.

I like the new red!

Thanks
                                    I am gonna bet it is a different motor and ESC. They stated in the video for it that it had the motor/prop from the E-Flite Cirrus.

Comment

Wow, all sold out! Mine is in the mail. Can you say Bada Book, Bada Bing. Here one day, gone the next. Moral of the story, when you see random deals like this ya got to move on it, or not.... LOL I have a Durafly Tundra still in the box. I think I'll assemble this one when it arrives and wear it out first.

Best Regards
                                      Woody

Comment

Originally posted by JamesonC View Post

I am gonna bet it is a different motor and ESC. They stated in the video for it that it had the motor/prop from the E-Flite Cirrus.
                                        :Confused: Saw no where in the video(Horizon 2 min product vid) of that being stated.
                                        The Cirrus has the 1300Kv Motor 10 whereas the Turbo Beaver Manual states the motor is a 4011-920kV.
                                        Cirrus prop is a 11x7x3 and the Turbo Beaver manual says 11x7.5x3
                                        I'll confirm the power plant for it when it is in my hands this weekend. ;)

Best Regards,
                                        Warbird Charlie
                                        Warbird Charlie

Comment

Working...
                                        X