Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WV, did you put cables on your skis or a type of bungee? I did notice or I guess found out that the springs that came with the skis are just about useless. The worked for the first few landings, then worked loose. I thought about rigging up some small shock cord like you did to the float attach points.

Comment

OV-10, I modeled mine after a plane owned and flown by Apollo 8 astronaut, Bill Anders. From what I have gathered it is an arctic scheme used in the '50s. Google his Beaver, it is a beautiful plane.

Capt. America, I used steel fishing leader for the front cable, to keep the ski from pointing down and digging in on landing, but used stretch magic elastic string on the rear so the ski can flex upward in the front a bit. I have seen similar set ups on real planes with skis. So far it has worked great.

Jim

Comment

Thanks, I'll have to give that a try when my larger skis get here Friday.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Gulf Racing Turbo Beaver (23).JPG
Views:	692
Size:	106.4 KB
ID:	182073Click image for larger version

Name:	Gulf Racing Turbo Beaver (14).JPG
Views:	747
Size:	109.1 KB
ID:	182071Click image for larger version

Name:	Gulf Racing Turbo Beaver (28).JPG
Views:	691
Size:	143.3 KB
ID:	182072Click image for larger version

Name:	Gulf Racing Turbo Beaver (4).JPG
Views:	795
Size:	155.5 KB
ID:	182070
          I turned a Turbo Beaver into a tribute to the late, great, Steve McQueen with graphic inspiration from his LeMans Porsche Number 20...I read that he liked planes as well as everything else.
          The Gulf decals are from Ebay...Everything else masked; sprayed and hand painted. Stock 920kv with a HiTec Sport 50 ESC. A Master Airscrew 3-blade, 12x8 fits the stock spinner. Maiden soon...

Comment

POTW (Plane of the Week) for me, AirHead! What an imaginative adaptation of McQueen's Porsche. Very creative, well done!
            Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post
              POTW (Plane of the Week) for me, AirHead! What an imaginative adaptation of McQueen's Porsche. Very creative, well done!
              Thank you Sir! Without projects like these through winter months, I couldn't imagine the boredom....

Comment

Working...
              X