Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heres a pic taken from the left wingtip. I managed to get the top pin in all the way so I guess it is just a matter of wiggling it a bit til it all lines up?

Comment

In this close-up again taken from the left wingtip, 1 tip of the strut extends further out than the other tips. I mounted the struts with this extension attached to the lower wing and facing aft.

Comment

Yup , Mine looks the same

Comment

Thank you, finally got em all in. Whew! and I didnt break anything doing it.

Comment

Originally posted by Pilotguy View Post
            Thank you, finally got em all in. Whew! and I didnt break anything doing it.
            Nice !! Now have fun flying this little beast

Comment

I am new to setting up and using dual rates. I usually adjusted my control surface movement via "travel" and some Expo. This Pitts 850mm calls for aileron 12mm low & 21mm hi rates. I didnt quite get that as you can see in these pics. You think I'll be ok for a maiden flight like this or is it important to set at the 12 and 21mm?

Comment

It'll be fine . I set my planes up with triple rates .. High being set as far as the control surface will go just before binding up then set mid and low rate each 25% less than the high rate % shown in my radio .

Comment

I am new to setting up and using dual rates. I usually adjusted my control surface movement via "travel" and some Expo. This Pitts 850mm calls for aileron 12mm low & 21mm hi rates. I didnt quite get that as you can see in these pics. You think I'll be ok for a maiden flight like this or is it important to set at the 12 and 21mm?
                  Get your Pitt in the air ?

Comment

Not yet. Just double and triple checking everything. Regional fly-in this weekend so if its not tomorrow then it'll be early next week. Balancing the Pitts on my fingertips at 86mm, it seems just a tad bit nose heavy. Thats with the 3C 2200Mah battery centered on the tray. Will tweak it a bit. How is your Pitts flying going?

Comment

Not yet. Just double and triple checking everything. Regional fly-in this weekend so if its not tomorrow then it'll be early next week. Balancing the Pitts on my fingertips at 86mm, it seems just a tad bit nose heavy. Thats with the 3C 2200Mah battery centered on the tray. Will tweak it a bit. How is your Pitts flying going?
                      Its really a fun flyer !! 20 plus flights already , A bit nose CG is good to start

Comment

Curious why some of you flyers purchased the Eflite brand Pitts as opposed to Pitts of other brands. All of my purchases have been Horizon hobby.

Comment

I was wondering which is more fun - the UMX or this one?
                          Currently Fly: Durafly Spitfire MkVb, Eflite P47 1100mm, Parkzone FW190A-8, Parkzone SE5a, Dynam Tiger Moth, Eleven Hobby Bearcat, Parkzone Mosquito MKVI, Durafly Tundra
                          Unflyable: Durafly Sea Vixen, Parkzone T28 (In temporary storage in tree)
                          Retired: Hobbyzone Delta Ray 'Frankenplane'
                          Wanted: Freewing A4

Comment

Horizon quality control usually very good. Quality products for the most part(nobody is perfect....the ex wife thought she was) Love the a3x rx. I have stabilized lemon rx, admiral stabilized rx, hobby eagle a3l, eagle tree 2d/3d wich all work well but the "tuning" of the HH a3x to each specific model makes a better flying airplane. The umx is a great flyer as is the 980mm(have both). Both handle winds well, both have the glide ratio of a set of keys and both need to be "flown" all the way to the ground. No chop throttle and flare. Both are a hoot to fly. Both very similer to me as to flying charicteristics. Pretty sure the 980mm will take the crown as soon as my 1800 4s get here. Only flown her on 3s so far.
                            Still flying P.15, avanti(#2), mig 21, yak 130 70mm(#2), f35, f9f panther, a10 64mm, F8 crusader/ PA ultimate amr /HK skipper, durafly dh vampire, p 51,spit mk24, corsair, flybeam/ BH f86 50mm, deltawing 50mm/ HH su 26 mm,umx pitts,umx sbach, blade nano cp s,blade 450x, inductrix 200, inductrix pro, umx yak 54,umx f27 fpv/ electrifly 4s L39/ flyzone beaver/ volantix asw 28, /dynam B26

RIP.. roc hobby waco,strega #2(you will be missed), Fw 90mm eurofighter.

Comment

Originally posted by CFIT rob View Post
                              Horizon quality control usually very good. Quality products for the most part(nobody is perfect....the ex wife thought she was) Love the a3x rx. I have stabilized lemon rx, admiral stabilized rx, hobby eagle a3l, eagle tree 2d/3d wich all work well but the "tuning" of the HH a3x to each specific model makes a better flying airplane. The umx is a great flyer as is the 980mm(have both). Both handle winds well, both have the glide ratio of a set of keys and both need to be "flown" all the way to the ground. No chop throttle and flare. Both are a hoot to fly. Both very similer to me as to flying charicteristics. Pretty sure the 980mm will take the crown as soon as my 1800 4s get here. Only flown her on 3s so far.
                              With a 4s it's much more sporty in comparison to the 3s... And it pretty good on 3s !

Comment

Curious why some of you flyers purchased the Eflite brand Pitts as opposed to Pitts of other brands. All of my purchases have been Horizon hobby.
                                For me it was the fact Motion and HH both have this plane ... Both great folks to deal with .

Comment

well I maidened it today. What a fantastic flyer, so stable. I bought the PNP version with an AR410 receiver (none of that as3x stuff). Takeoff roll was straight, rotation and climb out was so easy and smooth. CG balanced exactly where the manual said it should with a 3C 2200Mah. I think it convinced one of the other flyers to buy one(thats what he said anyway). My only problem was my approach and landing and totally my fault (stupid). I was standing about mid-field while flying it and tried landing "on the numbers) which is 300 feet away. The landing was ok but I had trouble keeping the rollout straight and she bumped into the chainlink fence spinner first. As of now, the rudder channel doesn't move at all and its servo just buzzes. The top wing came loose a bit and the tail wheel wire came a little loose. So am going to order a new rudder servo and use Beacon foam finish and CA glue to set the top wing securely in place. Some glue for the tail wheel wire and hopefully that's all she needs. How sad. After such a beautiful flight to end it like that. From now on, all my landings will be planned closer to where I am standing.

Comment

It happens to the best of us. I put several more flights on mine last week, no issues. Started to get a little overconfident and made a low inverted pass. Dont know what happened, must have twitched... but I got it rolled out and almost level when it hit the ground. I have to say its durable. Knocked the gear off, the top wing cabane and the I struts. Only parts that were glued on. Didn't hurt the foam any. I was amazed. So ive taken this opportunity to repaint it before i reassemble it.

Comment

So true , gravity becomes the winner to most all of us at some point !
                                      Now that's looking like a real Captain America aircraft..... Awesome ! !

Comment

It will end up with the Cloud Dancer scheme from the 1980s movie

Comment

Originally posted by CaptAmerica View Post
                                          It will end up with the Cloud Dancer scheme from the 1980s movie
                                          That will looks sweet !

Comment

Working...
                                          X