Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feeling bold or overconfident can be dangerous. My career flying full scale commercially was constantly infused with reminders about the dangers of complacency.

My top wing looks like yours in that it separated a bit from where it attaches to the top of the fuselage. Also my bottom wing seems to have lost the "single body clip" that secures it to the fuselage bottom. I was thinking of adding CA glue to secure both top & bottom wing. I am curious if you will use CA glue too or something else to secure your top wing.

Love the "new and improved" paint job !

Comment

• CaptAmerica
      CaptAmerica commented
      Editing a comment
      It appeared to be glued down with hot glue. Mine didnt seem to have a whole lot on the parts. Probably use a foam safe glue to put it all back together. Ive been using the white gorilla glue with good success.

I was curious if anyone else is having trouble with the battery tray staying in place. I maidened mine today first flight the tray came loose barely got it on the ground doesn’t fly good with a 3200mah slid all the way back but I managed. I found the tray slid back so I thought maybe I didn’t get snapped in good second flight it happened again barely got it back this time flipped on it’s back nothing hurt just a little mud one tough bird. But I was wondering what are you all doing to keep the tray in place?

Comment

No problem with mine , has a good solid snap and stays put . That being said i'm only using whats recommended for battery size ... 1800-2200 mah

Comment

Yes it was a typo on my part it’s a 3s 2200 mah mine snaps but it must not be enough gonna have to figure out a way to make it stay.

Comment

Originally posted by Agpilot25 View Post
          Yes it was a typo on my part it’s a 3s 2200 mah mine snaps but it must not be enough gonna have to figure out a way to make it stay.
          These are the tabs that hold the tray in .. They are on the top and bottom of the tray . If the battery is to far forward on the tray and strapped down it wont snap in .

Comment

Gave up on trying for 86mm CG. Puts the battery too far back on the tray. Been flying mine with 3s2200 in center of tray and it seems just right. Checked on RCG forum and it seems that the proper CG is 70mm +/- 3. The information came from a HH representative. Might explain why everyone thinks its nose heavy. Can someone at motion verify this? Might correct the motion pitts info page if true.
            Still flying P.15, avanti(#2), mig 21, yak 130 70mm(#2), f35, f9f panther, a10 64mm, F8 crusader/ PA ultimate amr /HK skipper, durafly dh vampire, p 51,spit mk24, corsair, flybeam/ BH f86 50mm, deltawing 50mm/ HH su 26 mm,umx pitts,umx sbach, blade nano cp s,blade 450x, inductrix 200, inductrix pro, umx yak 54,umx f27 fpv/ electrifly 4s L39/ flyzone beaver/ volantix asw 28, /dynam B26

RIP.. roc hobby waco,strega #2(you will be missed), Fw 90mm eurofighter.

Comment

Ive heard on several YouTube videos on the set up saying CG should be between 70 and the 86mm. Most seem to favor the closer to the 70mm. I set my battery slightly forward on the tray but have never actually measured the CG.
              Down to painting the last bit on my and will get it reassembled. Want to get it back in the air before the snow flies.

Comment

Originally posted by CaptAmerica View Post
                Ive heard on several YouTube videos on the set up saying CG should be between 70 and the 86mm. Most seem to favor the closer to the 70mm. I set my battery slightly forward on the tray but have never actually measured the CG.
                Down to painting the last bit on my and will get it reassembled. Want to get it back in the air before the snow flies.
                I'm more of a "seat of the pants" CG guy with a plane this size also . Run high rates so you can catch it if needed .... send it up and fine tune it from there . I really like a 4s 1800mah about 1 cm back from the front of the tray for sporty flying this Pitt .

Comment

Here in las vegas was a district airshow and a HH rep was here from Illinois. He flew this new Pitts with a 4-cell and high rates. Put so much stress on the airplane that the canopy popped off during spins. Was good to see how an Hh guy flies it and looked just like in the product video. An amazing product just like the UMX version. Now where's my servo and epoxy/ CA glue so I can.effect my repairs?

Comment

Nice looking FMS plane, most, if not all new Eflite planes are being made by FMS

Comment

Originally posted by fieldofdreamsflyer View Post
                      Nice looking FMS plane, most, if not all new Eflite planes are being made by FMS
                      Who made the E-flite planes before FMS ?

Comment

The HH rep who flew the Pitts at our airshow, did mention that all HH airplanes are designed in illinois and built in china.

Comment

Got my Pitts all reassembled. Of course now they are calling for snow the next 2 days. Figures

Comment

Got my Pitts all reassembled. Of course now they are calling for snow the next 2 days. Figures
                            Sweet look !!

Comment

Beautiful! Now back to low-level inverted flight ...

I also added trim to the wheel pants & top of the engine cowling. Needed more than the stock trim.
                              Now to try flight with 40% aileron expo bc 30% was still a bit twitchy for my takeoffs & landings.

Comment

I'm painting all the white parts yellow and adding design to the wheel pants. Great looking little Pitts except, as usual, the pilot size is way off. You don't sit in a Pitts, you wear it. Can't fly it 'till the weather improves. Doc

Comment

I flew mine twice this past Sunday and used the 70mm CG measurement and it was rock solid with an Admiral 22oo 4s. With the 70mm as the CG, your CG points line up with the 2 plastic nubs that attach the top wing to the cabane struts. There are slits in the battery tray and CG for me was the front of the battery lined up to just past the first slit (see attached picture). I had a lot of fun in the sky with this and 4s has crazy power. I found it best landing on the grass next to my paved runway though. I got bouncies on the pavement as you have to be perfect coming in. You have to land it like a delta where you want your nose up because she can be a handful on the ground.
                                  Attached Files

Comment

Looks pretty close to the 4s sweet spot I like for sure ! . The landing gear on this pitt is super rigid ... I'm sure that's what contributes to the landing bounce as well. I'm at 30 plus flights and I'm getting pretty smooth Landings now .

Comment

Had hopes to fly mine today, supposed to be sunny and 36. Nah, cloudy , windy and 28, foiled again. Rain the next 2. Hope to get a few more in before winter officially sets in

Comment

If I do get to fly it, I'm going to try the aft CG. I was running the batt all the way forward. I didnt have any issues with landing, just kept power on and drove it on. Its a squirrelly sucker for sure.

Comment

Working...
                                        X