Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by rifleman_btx View Post
    Flying at diamond lake Oregon
    Nice! That’s pretty much how I remember Oregon.

Comment

• I was hoping to get the plane flying when the weather looked like this, but it wasnt meant to be.

Comment

• I have been there. Beautiful place.

Comment

• Yes indeed, next year I'm going for the top of that mountain

Comment

• As a boy, my parents would often go to Mercer Lake in Florence, OR. It's on the coast. Many fond memories there.

Comment

• Absolutely my buddy and I are hoping to do alot more on the next trip

Comment

• Here is a video that I did for the Jet Rally we had this past weekend at our club. It was for a member that had past away. We had this in the works a couple of year ago before he past on, but then never did. So this year we thought we would do it. It turned out great with 3 days of flying and awesome weather with fun, food and fellowship.

Still Learning:D

Comment

• Here was another video that I made from a fly-in a couple of weeks ago from a another flying field not to far from our club. Please bear with me! Maybe I'll get the hang of this video thing. I'm still learning more on how to edit and use this software.

Comment

I was hoping to get the plane flying when the weather looked like this, but it wasnt meant to be.
                    LOL, you'll survive...

Comment

• Not a video, but managed to get a few shots of a T-6 gasser at the field today.

Comment

• Shared this on the Dynam Waco topic, but it fits here, too. Views of the SAGE field during the Waco's maiden flight.

Comment

• Rainy Sunday so finished my TechOne Sbach today and went out front for a few maiden flights!

Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Hoomi View Post
                            Shared this on the Dynam Waco topic, but it fits here, too. Views of the SAGE field during the Waco's maiden flight.

Another yellow Waco got a maiden flight in Phoenix - a Great Planes ARF. He got it up and down safely but had a minor oops on landing. Broke the prop and scuffed the chin and wheel pants but nothing major.
                            Didn’t get a pic, but glad you also had success. Nice clever and amusing little bird.

Comment

• Looking forward to my next chance to fly it, too. As I commented in another thread, it's a lot more responsive to the controls than either the Calypso or the Sensei, evidenced by the loop and roll in the video. I need to order a second battery, too. That Waco is just too nice to haul out to the flying field for one flight each trip.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hoomi View Post
                                Looking forward to my next chance to fly it, too. As I commented in another thread, it's a lot more responsive to the controls than either the Calypso or the Sensei, evidenced by the loop and roll in the video. I need to order a second battery, too. That Waco is just too nice to haul out to the flying field for one flight each trip.
                                A box full of batteries is a must and a way to charge them. Luckly, our club now has power. We use to have to charge them with a DC charger. I usually get in about 10 or more flights total when I go out to the field with all of my planes.

Comment

• I had actually bought a little generator to recharge packs at our field

Comment

I had actually bought a little generator to recharge packs at our field
                                    We use a solar system at our field , a few panels and some battery storage works great

Comment

• Those are nice when I was stationed in Virginia, the field there also used that system. Just where I fly now it's not a AMA field but just a field the school is allowing us to use for flying so building a permanent system is out of the question for us as it stands. If we actually get a sanctioned field, that is plan number one.

Comment

• The SAGE field doesn't have power. I would be more likely to take along my camping solar panel, were I going to charge batteries at the field. This time of year, though, nobody stays out there long enough to recharge batteries. We get our flying in early, and then leave before the sun gets too high and the heat gets oppressive.

Comment

• Oh yeah, no doubt in that at all!

Comment

Working...
                                          X