Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RE: Places you fly. Post your videos.

Originally posted by Shirty
    Nice vid tcat, and really nice work on the sticks. Beautiful landing, and looks like a great spot to fly too. A mate over here has the sabre, but he's a bit too scared to fly it. After seeing your vid, I think I'll show it to him and give him another nudge in the right direction. Looks like it handles really nice. :)

Thanks Dewey for the comment. Was fun making that one.
    Thanks a ton Shirty. It's great to see you on this forum. I just joined and am enjoying the community. Your friend definitely needs to get the Sabre in the air, as I think he/she will love it. It's difficult not to.

Your video is absolutely amazing. Great job! I'm really looking to seeing more of them.

Originally posted by F106DeltaDart
    Looking good T-Cat! I second what you have said on the F-86. It has been my #1 go-to airplane and is just plain enjoyable to fly. Every time I go to the field now, the Sabre always comes with. In fact, its even pretty good in a dead stick. Ask me how I know.. :)
    Thanks F106. Isn't the F-86 an all around great jet! Many people speak about it's speed 9or lack of compared to the other smaller 80mm jets), which I can understand. However, it more than makes up for that in all other areas of flight. There are plenty of other speed jets a person can get to just go fast, but this one is more than about just top speed. It has plenty of get up and go for what it needs.

Originally posted by Flygirl
    You are so smooth flying.... Nicely done!!! The F-86 is my favorite jet ever. Most little girls draw hearts, puppies, kitties... I used to draw F-86's... LOL Yeah I know, kinda weird. :) Anyways, the only thing holding me back is a good place to fly it from. Someday.... Anyways, thanks for posting that T-Cat.
    Thank you Flygirl. I truly appreciate it. There is nothing wrong with dreaming about F86's whatsoever. Airplanes are one of the best inventions ever made (biased opinion :)), and this F86 looks and acts the part. I hope you get a chance to find an open enough area to fly this jet. I always think about flying it. I will own one for years to come. Who knows, maybe in the future Freewing will make a 90mm F86 with the works, lighting under nose, airbrakes, etc. :D

Comment

Just a sec Shirty whole I wipe all the drool off my chin!!
      Once for the excellent video, I love the animation!
      A second time for the superb pilotage!!
      A third time for a bird I've sworn to own one day!!!
      And a fourth time for that incredible field you fly from!!!!

Looks good on ya!!!

Grossman56
      Team Gross!

Comment

Thanks everyone. I have a bit of a problem with RC addiction, so making RC vids helps sooth the withdrawals when the weather is not good for flying... Glad you guys like them, cheers. I'll be posting all my old vids here on hobby squawk in the near future and I'm in the process of making 7 more. (Just gotta find the time). There's quite a few I like to chuck in some animation etc, or just tell some stupid stories like my shirty news network segment on my vid of a giant scale dc3 at my club.

The f16 I really enjoy mate, but I'm fairly new to edfs and don't own too many (yet), so I'm not really qualified to say how it compares to other edfs. (But you can't go wrong with freewing anyway I'm finding out).

I know tcat from the other place, him and his mates are like an encyclopedia on freewing jets, just hit him up if you have any questions, I've found he's always happy to help with good advice. :)

This was my first freewing edf, (I'm a sucker for a nice fa18 as that's what we have in the RAAF as our front line fighter, until we get the f35s soon to replace them. unfortunately I killed it with my lack of pre-flight checking. I was still learning my new editing software when I made this one, so it's not as detailed, but I think you guys will like it anyway. Made it from film of my first few flights on maiden day, and, this was my first time flying an edf, so there's nothing flash about the flying, but I think the video is still fun.  ;) (check out how hot I come in for the landing lol) :)

A couple of pics attached of the real one. This was done by the RAAF to celebrate 20 years of flying hornets and is used for displays. Also a pic of my freewing tb, little eflite one, and a good mates skymaster 1/6 tb turbine lined up. (Ive got vid of all the big turbines at our club as well, jet displays days etc - again I'll get em all up for yas to check them out). Cheers.

[hr]
        Having trouble uploading the pics. Try again, think I'm exceeding the file size.
        [hr]
        Originally posted by Shirty

[hr]
        Having trouble uploading the pics. Try again, think I'm exceeding the file size. Edit: yep, the f16 one is too large and I'm on iPad so I can't resize it. I'll post the turbine stuff after the site uploads the new software.
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by T-CAT
          I started using my Mobius hat cam. Unfortunately the video I captured I filmed in 4:3 and not 16:9 ratio, so it's not full screen. Next time, it will be in 16:9.

I love the Freewing F-86 80mm jet. It's a great size, very predictable, and looks and sounds incredible. This is one of those "Go-To" jets in my opinion. I can't imagine not owning one now. If you don't own one, I recommend you get one.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
          Good flying!! Really enjoyed the video.
          Lon

EFlite F-16 80mm, EFite DRACO, EFlite Night Radian, E-Flite P51 1.5m
          Freewing A-10 80mm, F-86 80mm, F-15 90mm, Avanti. FMS DHC-2 Beaver, Fliteline P-38L ,HSD HME-262, HSD F86.

Comment

Originally posted by Lon
            I started using my Mobius hat cam. Unfortunately the video I captured I filmed in 4:3 and not 16:9 ratio, so it's not full screen. Next time, it will be in 16:9.

I love the Freewing F-86 80mm jet. It's a great size, very predictable, and looks and sounds incredible. This is one of those "Go-To" jets in my opinion. I can't imagine not owning one now. If you don't own one, I recommend you get one.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
            Thanks Lon! This thread is great. I've been watching everyone's videos and just love seeing all the different aircraft, fields, etc. So cool! Your P51 videos are incredible.

Comment

Originally posted by Lon

Thanks Lon! This thread is great. I've been watching everyone's videos and just love seeing all the different aircraft, fields, etc. So cool! Your P51 videos are incredible.
              Thanks!  I can't help myself, every night i'm watching and checking out new videos of people flying. There is some Great pilots and wonderful areas that they fly.
              Lon

Freewing A-10 80mm, F-86 80mm, F-15 90mm, Avanti. FMS DHC-2 Beaver, Fliteline P-38L ,HSD HME-262, HSD F86.

Comment

We still have about a foot of snow at our club flying field.  With the warm days and refreezing at night the snow has a nearly perfect thin crust, great for flying from. 
                Flying a Flyzone Beaver at the Mountaineer RC Flying Club, 1-30-16.

Comment

Originally posted by wvrailfan
                  We still have about a foot of snow at our club flying field.  With the warm days and refreezing at night the snow has a nearly perfect thin crust, great for flying from. 
                  I love love love the paint job! Did you wrap this one too? It's gorgeous!
                  Lauren

Comment

Excellent!! What brand/make snow skis??
                    Lon

Comment

Amazing!! That looks like a blast.

Comment

Thanks folks.

This is the Flyzone Beaver and it is wrapped with Oracal vinyl.  The main skis are Dubro Parkflyer Skis, the tail ski is home made.

Jim

Comment

• Hey that's pretty cool mate. Nice one. Must be sorta fun to fly off snow. (I wouldn't know, never even seen it). :)

Comment

• Just getting into shooting videos so I thought I give it a go on my lunch break. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXLk...ature=youtu.be

Comment

• Originally posted by Wayne@MotionRC View Post
                              Just getting into shooting videos so I thought I give it a go on my lunch break. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXLk...ature=youtu.be
                              Very cool! I'd love to fly a float plane. Great scenery too.

Comment

• Just checking out how to post video here with the software change.
                                Lon

Comment

• Places i fly....I had a great time flying from a place i've never flown from before yesterday. I had been eyeballing the place everytime i drove by it on the way to Dubuque Iowa. It is a LARGE, VERY LARGE parking lot to a Off Shore resturant and hotel on the north edge of Bellevue, Iowa. I didn't get out and measure it, but it's about 175x70 YARDS. Anyway, i decided to stop by on my way to the club field in Dubuque. Talked to the manger of the facility, and yes, i was more than welcome to fly from the lot!! Since i had my Freewing F-86 along that i was going to maiden, along with my Iron Ass and Old Crow Mustangs, I went to the far end of the lot and started to unload...Wow, it was so nice to have all that area to do my first EDF with the F-86...The maiden went great, also 4 flights with the Iron Ass and 2 with Old Crow. As I was about to do my last flight(last charged battery) A gentlemen drove up, and asked if he could watch, and take pictures. I told him he was more that welcome. . . He then got out of his car with the coolest camera and lense i've ever seen in person...yes, he is a professional photographer. ANYWAY, check out his blog, where posted some of the pictures he took of me flying the Old Crow P-51D. Check out his blog, he had nice things to say... http://updedesignsblog.com/

Here's a couple of his pictures he took.
                                  Lon

Comment

• Great photos and flying site! And congrats on the maiden of the Sabre, it is one of the best flying jets out there!

Comment

• Had the chance to maiden my FW F-86 this weekend. I flew at a new location north end of Bellevue, Iowa. What a great runway in which the owners gave me permission to fly from. It was overcast, so difficult at times to see the plane. I messed up editing the video and when i seen what i did, couldn't recover the final part of the landing. Greased her in!! Love the sound when she zooms by.

Lon

Comment

• Great job Lon! That's exactly what I hoping to get next year. Sweet airplane!!

Grossman56
                                        Team Gross!

Comment

• Awesome stuff Lon! Well done!

Comment

Working...
                                          X