Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lon, you're gonna get me to move to Iowa if you keep this up. What a terrific place! That looks like the nicest club field I've ever seen! Great flying! Looked windy (trees blowing at the end) but the P-38 seems pretty darn solid in the air!
    Lauren

Comment

• Pretty awesome Lon, looks like a Geotex airfield. Must be nice to live right there on the field!!

Grossman56
      Team Gross!

Comment

• Originally posted by Flygirl View Post
        Lon, you're gonna get me to move to Iowa if you keep this up. What a terrific place! That looks like the nicest club field I've ever seen! Great flying! Looked windy (trees blowing at the end) but the P-38 seems pretty darn solid in the air!
        I've been to 5 different Club fields here in Iowa, and one in Illinois. This IS the best facility by far that i've visited. Yes, the P-38 handles the wind with authority and solid. The wind was up and down Sunday morning. Of course, time to land and it picked up to 10+.
        Lon

EFlite F-16 80mm, EFite DRACO, EFlite Night Radian, E-Flite P51 1.5m
        Freewing A-10 80mm, F-86 80mm, F-15 90mm, Avanti. FMS DHC-2 Beaver, Fliteline P-38L ,HSD HME-262, HSD F86.

Comment

• Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post
          Pretty awesome Lon, looks like a Geotex airfield. Must be nice to live right there on the field!!

Grossman56
          Hey Gman....they had just put down new surface on the runways a couple weeks ago. Still had a shine to it as if it had just been waxed!!
          Lon

Freewing A-10 80mm, F-86 80mm, F-15 90mm, Avanti. FMS DHC-2 Beaver, Fliteline P-38L ,HSD HME-262, HSD F86.

Comment

• Definitely a beautiful field! Now if we could just get ours resurfaced so the cracks were eliminated, it would be great. A balmy 50 degrees here and rained most of the day! Is Spring ever going to come to Wyoming!?
            I was really hoping to get a bunch of flying in before heading East, but the weather is just not cooperating here!!!!

Grossman56
            Team Gross!

Comment

• Here's a picture of our club's field, that's a full scale F-80 in the background. The other is my field at home.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20160514_132513422_iOS.jpg
Views:	421
Size:	1.17 MB
ID:	40713

Click image for larger version

Name:	20160518_000520153_iOS.jpg
Views:	423
Size:	1.89 MB
ID:	40714
              TiredIron Aviation
              Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• At the Dubuque Iowa club field today. 24 flights total logged!!
                Lon

Comment

• way to go Lon! If it ain't hail storms it winds out here, can't seem to catch a break! The way things are going, my next flights will be back in Muncie with you and the gang!!!

Grossman56
                  Team Gross!

Comment

• Here's a short clip of my field.

TiredIron Aviation

Comment

• Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post
                      Here's a short clip of my field.
                      Very NICE!!
                      Lon

Comment

• Here's a clip of the PBY at our club's airfield.

TiredIron Aviation

Comment

• From Saturday's fly in with my club at Gettysburg PA.... (Not my video)

Lauren

Comment

• And another one from Gettysburg on Saturday.... Again, not my video. Shot from a Sig Kadet.

Lauren

Comment

• My first time to visit AMA HQ's in Muncie. In this flight, I've got my camera on my P-38. You will see CPT Mike's Camo SU-35 come into my sights a few times.

Lon

Comment

• Hello Lon,
                                Nice vid......just realized that was from Fri eve(cause I didn't pay attention to the vid time stamp) until when you were landing and noticed my truck was not by the 'rolling hangar' at the western end. Wish I could have stayed that evening verses having to go get dinner to fuel the diabetes cause I see after you landed and were taxing back that Ben was getting ready to fly Skyraider Bob so I missed that.
                                Warbird Charlie
                                HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Originally posted by OV10 View Post
                                  Hello Lon,
                                  Nice vid......just realized that was from Fri eve(cause I didn't pay attention to the vid time stamp) until when you were landing and noticed my truck was not by the 'rolling hangar' at the western end. Wish I could have stayed that evening verses having to go get dinner to fuel the diabetes cause I see after you landed and were taxing back that Ben was getting ready to fly Skyraider Bob so I missed that.
                                  Charlie,
                                  Believe this was early Saturday or Sunday morning before you was at the field. Seems to me you showed up shortly afterwards. It was around 7am thinking....
                                  Lon

Comment

• Originally posted by Lon View Post

Charlie,
                                    Believe this was early Saturday or Sunday morning before you was at the field. Seems to me you showed up shortly afterwards. It was around 7am thinking....
                                    Oh dumba** me, I was parked on the east end of the runway so that sun was the morning one
                                    Warbird Charlie
                                    HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Muncie IN flight.

Lon

Comment

• Originally posted by Lon View Post
                                        Muncie IN flight.
                                        Lon, I would have been nervous as hell. Ryan may not be Jimmy Fallon as far as a celebrity but he kind of is to us plus we know he is a darn good flier. You are allowed to be nervous on the sticks my friend and forgiven for a porpoise landing. JMHO.... :)
                                        Lauren

Comment

• Thanks for the videos Lon, I've never flown jets but I'm sure they are a handful on landing. If that had been me I'd probably had packing peanuts it looked like a no harm no foul incident. Like Flygirl said I would have been nervous to fly with Ryan plus being filmed. I fly alone 90% of the time so when I fly in front of people who occasionally come out to watch makes me nervous.

Comment

Working...
                                          X