X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by farmflyer View Post
    Thanks for the videos Lon, I've never flown jets but I'm sure they are a handful on landing. If that had been me I'd probably had packing peanuts it looked like a no harm no foul incident. Like Flygirl said I would have been nervous to fly with Ryan plus being filmed. I fly alone 90% of the time so when I fly in front of people who occasionally come out to watch makes me nervous.
    Just ended up with some runway rash on the top end of the rudder and top of the nose. Did some more flights right away with her. Just has some battle scars now. Yes, I was a little nervous with CPT Mike filming while flying with Pilot Ryan, but no excuse for not letting more speed bleed off before letting her settle down..though i was running out of runway and I believe that's why i tried to set her down early.
    Lon

EFlite F-16 80mm, EFite DRACO, EFlite Night Radian, E-Flite P51 1.5m
    Freewing A-10 80mm, F-86 80mm, F-15 90mm, Avanti. FMS DHC-2 Beaver, Fliteline P-38L ,HSD HME-262, HSD F86.

Comment

•  
      Lon

Freewing A-10 80mm, F-86 80mm, F-15 90mm, Avanti. FMS DHC-2 Beaver, Fliteline P-38L ,HSD HME-262, HSD F86.

Comment

• Now that's what I call flying music! Those P38's sure look like they fly good. Keep the great vids and pics coming guys. I've got to figure out a way to attend next year if nothing else just to meet the Brothers and Sisters that are there.

Comment

• I can attest to the fact that Lon is a better pilot than that F-86 landing. I heard the AW ****E but never saw it because I was too busy trying to make Charlie n Snoopy puke from outside loops with the WACO.
          Warbird Charlie
          HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Boy, those F-86s sure are sweet. They sound so good on the flybys.

Comment

• I hear you Lon, I was so nervous flying with these guys, I was shaking when I first flew the Pitts! Didn't help when the wheel hub broke and I broke a prop on her. Ryan had a set of Dave Browns which he generously gave me and she flew great after that. Got some runway rash on the P40 as well when my touch and go went sideways, literally! The plane headed towards the Flight Line, so I jammed the throttle, note to self: Don't jam the throttle with a 60kv at low speeds unless you like landing upside down. Result: I need a new nose and a little touchup.
              Thanks to the guys though, I learned a lot on landing warbirds which is my mission this week if the weather is good.

Diane came up with the name, "Brothers In Flight" I like it!

Grossman56
              Team Gross!

Comment

• Here's another flight from this weekend at NEFI, Muncie, IN.

Lon

Comment

• Here's a video of CPT Mike doing the maiden on Dan's P-51 at NEFI

Lon

Comment

• Thanks to Captain Mike for flying, Charlie for he encouragement and Lon and Ben for recording the moment!

Grossman56
                    Team Gross!

Comment

• After ten months I finally got my corsair going again
                      Flying my Top-Flite Corsair after installing a new set of wings.

Comment

• A VERY short video from a flight at NEFI 2016...but had to post because of the great profile of this P-38L in the air.

Lon

Comment

• Originally posted by benjack71 View Post
                          After ten months I finally got my corsair going again
                          Flying my Top-Flite Corsair after installing a new set of wings.
                          Nice landing Ben(as I expected) but don't ya wish it had some flaps though to help tame that hot approach? I don't remember seeing that trailer at Muncie or is that your mobile hanger for the Squires facility?
                          Warbird Charlie
                          HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Originally posted by OV10 View Post

Nice landing Ben(as I expected) but don't ya wish it had some flaps though to help tame that hot approach? I don't remember seeing that trailer at Muncie or is that your mobile hanger for the Squires facility?
                            It has flaps, there was a good breeze coming straight up the runway so I did not use them. Yeah that is my trailer and I pulled it with me to Muncie

Comment

• Yes, it was there for sure, my first reaction was, hey ,I know that trailer!
                              I'd say, by the look of that flight, you're back in the saddle again Ben!
                              And Lon, quality trumps quantity, that's some great video footage!

Charlie, we'll all have to try and park together next year!
                              I just had too much fun!!
                              The metal sides for the P40 came today, now if only the props would come in stock....
                              Grossman56
                              Team Gross!

Comment

• I thought others may be interrested in visiting this site. Has some great things to put up in my mancave/hanger.
                                Dramatic photo of a vintage P-38 Lightning is expertly printed onto rough hewn wood panels to form a triptych. Sure to add drama to your home or office aviation decor. Available in three sizes.
                                Lon

Comment

• Hey, that's pretty cool Lon, thanks!

Grossman56
                                  Team Gross!

Comment

• What great weather to fly today!! Spent the day at Aerohawk Field in Iowa City, Iowa. I may have set a personal record for number of flights logged in a day. 12 flights with the silver P-38, and 9 flights with the F-86.

Lon

Comment

• Wow that's a lot of flying for one day. And a lot of batteries to charge. I bet it was a blast.

Comment

• Originally posted by farmflyer View Post
                                        Wow that's a lot of flying for one day. And a lot of batteries to charge. I bet it was a blast.
                                        My chargers didn't get much down time. Was at the field from about 10am-6:30pm. Here's another video from today. Iowa54 is also in this video flying his E-Flite Timber. I've of late been driving the extra distance to fly at this field. Such a great flying field!!

Lon

Comment

• Originally posted by Lon View Post

My chargers didn't get much down time. Was at the field from about 10am-6:30pm. Here's another video from today. Iowa54 is also in this video flying his E-Flite Timber. I've of late been driving the extra distance to fly at this field. Such a great flying field!!
                                          Lon......great is really an understatement of that field
                                          Warbird Charlie

Comment

Working...
                                          X