Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The first three are at Cowley, about 50 miles from home and the rest are at the home field about 5 minutes from home. Cowley was huge, like three football fields and nothing else in front of you for miles. Unfortunately, the idiots with 4x4's would go out and chew it up after the guys spent all day raking and leveling it, so we gave up on it.

Grossman56 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4600.JPG
Views:	374
Size:	23.4 KB
ID:	62717Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4591.JPG
Views:	362
Size:	29.9 KB
ID:	62718Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4731.JPG
Views:	388
Size:	33.7 KB
ID:	62719Click image for larger version

Name:	Grossman with Shangrila.jpg
Views:	394
Size:	150.0 KB
ID:	62720Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4115.jpg
Views:	363
Size:	176.1 KB
ID:	62721
    Team Gross!

Comment

• Beautiful country...
      TiredIron Aviation
      Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6084.JPG
Views:	408
Size:	42.5 KB
ID:	63483 Since losing our favorite field about 2 years ago, that was absolutely perfect, we've had to take over a parking lot at the old Texas Stadium where the Dallas Cowboys played from 1971 until a few years ago when Jerry built the AT&T stadium.

The big city, and constant development is taking over flying fields everywhere. We are not far off from losing this one either. Construction is once again going on all around us. It's just a matter of time before this site is gone.

Shops, restaurants, houses, hotels, and other businesses are in the works for this property. What a shame that we are losing our lands so close to us for flying. I know, we aren't paying the bills at that place.

Anyway, here's a video from Saturday of the guys finally getting together at our make-shift field after we've been hampered by weather this winter, preventing us from
        flying for a long while. Had a great time. Looks like spring may be upon us already! Hope so!!!

Comment

• Ah that sucks Sky Wolf. I feel your pain...Good flying locations are very hard to come by. Hopefully you guys can find something that works for you.
          My YouTube RC videos:
          https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post
            Ah that sucks Sky Wolf. I feel your pain...Good flying locations are very hard to come by. Hopefully you guys can find something that works for you.
            Yep, it's time to start asking our cities to help us with this hobby.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5928.JPG
Views:	350
Size:	225.4 KB
ID:	63493Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5926.JPG
Views:	361
Size:	148.0 KB
ID:	63492 eWeek 2016 @ Triple Tree Aerodrome, Woodruff SC. Hanger 9 Saratoga video and flew my scratch built Can-do canard all day, too. Is this what RC in heaven will be like?!

GP Sport Zero, scratch built MA Sky Skimmer, VQ SBD, Eflite Pulse XT & RV-9, FW Stinger 64, Hanger 9 Saratoga, GP P6-E Hawk, FMS Stuka & B-25, Lanyu Do335, PZ Albatros, Eflite Hurricane 25e, Airfield F4-U, Freewing P-51D, Dynam Tempest, Bf-110 & 182, GWS Mustang & Formosa, FZ Switch, Eflite L-4, RocHobby Critical Mass, Alien Aircraft Gadget, RCM&E scratch built CanDoo, Dynaflite Piece O’Cake, HK Ventus, FZ Beaver, Avios Sea Fury, Uravitch 52" OV-10, Herr Engineering J-3

Comment

• Beautiful field!
                My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Originally posted by Sky Wolf View Post

Yep, it's time to start asking our cities to help us with this hobby.
                  Sorry to hear about your field, you are welcome down at Golden Triangle whenever you want. Just let me know and I'll let you in as a guest.

Comment

• Our little spot isn't pretty but it's a nice place with good people.

Comment

• Originally posted by F106DeltaDart View Post

Sorry to hear about your field, you are welcome down at Golden Triangle whenever you want. Just let me know and I'll let you in as a guest.
                      Much thanks! I've flown there a few times in the past. I thought you were flying at Grapevine as a home field?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sky Wolf View Post

Much thanks! I've flown there a few times in the past. I thought you were flying at Grapevine as a home field?
                        No problem, you are welcome anytime! Actually, I the only time I have been up at Grapevine was for the warbird event. I mostly fly at Golden Triangle since it is a bit closer, and has a smooth runway for my jets.

Comment

• Here's another one from out my way. Yes, that's a turbine in a foamy! ;)

Comment

• We have at least six of those at Apollo. Jonathan, Jonathan, Henry, Wayne... actually, maybe seven. Reinforce the hinges, wingbolts, elevators, insulate that turb, and have fun!
                            Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Definitely one of the nicest tracking foamy birds I've flown, (But I haven't tried all the freewing birds... yet. ;)), but yeah, awesome fun to fly that one. Been flying a few sportjets lately, really enjoying their nice easy handling in big aeros. Just found the thread for the new freewing Avanti, also looks a winner. You guys are gonna kill it this year. (And my credit card in the process). Well done.

Speaking of nice sportjets... :)

Comment

• :)

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Nice benjack71. We have no beef with gassers around here. ;) LOL
                                      My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Hello Ben,
                                        I see your back at your home field, does that mean your all done with your out of town work assignment and will be able to make NEFI this year after all. Sure hope ya can.
                                        Warbird Charlie
                                        HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Originally posted by OV10 View Post
                                          Hello Ben,
                                          I see your back at your home field, does that mean your all done with your out of town work assignment and will be able to make NEFI this year after all. Sure hope ya can.
                                          No. Wish I could but I can not see that happening. I am working in Newport News on a Ready Reserve Ship. It is a pier queen, but its at least a 12 hour drive home, so its not even worth driving home for weekends. I get 2 vacation days and a sick day a month. So, looking ahead I have to pick and choose what to use those days off on. Also, the dates of NEFI will be right around when we will be lighting off the steam plant. That is an all hands evolution that I would not be able to get away from. Sucks, but it is what it is. I got to make it all now so I can enjoy it later. ;)

Comment

Working...
                                          X