Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post
    Nice benjack71. We have no beef with gassers around here. ;) LOL
    Yeah I wear both hats. Gas and electric is going to own this hobby sooner than later. Nitro will be around, but its slowly fading away IMO. Actually almost anything in that 46-50 size seems to be getting built electric (balsa). More and more gas and electric options even for the .60 size balsa planes. Add in the sound systems available for the electric systems the writing is on the wall. Only thing with electric is the batteries need to get smaller with more MAH. As we see that happening, you will see more an more electric. Only thing holding back electric now is reduced flight times. But, to make you happy, here is an oldie but goodie.:)

Comment

• Spent a long day today at our club field in Iowa City, Iowa . Besides it being very overcast. Was a great day to fly.

Lon

EFlite F-16 80mm, EFite DRACO, EFlite Night Radian, E-Flite P51 1.5m
      Freewing A-10 80mm, F-86 80mm, F-15 90mm, Avanti. FMS DHC-2 Beaver, Fliteline P-38L ,HSD HME-262, HSD F86.

Comment

• Nice stuff boys. :)

Comment

•  
          Lon

Freewing A-10 80mm, F-86 80mm, F-15 90mm, Avanti. FMS DHC-2 Beaver, Fliteline P-38L ,HSD HME-262, HSD F86.

Comment

• So relieved you can say the "Flying season" is here in eastern Iowa. Another flight from yesterday.

Lon

Comment

• Originally posted by Lon View Post
              So relieved you can say the "Flying season" is here in eastern Iowa. Another flight from yesterday.
              Lon.......You're so fortunate, that is the BEST club field I have seen and I've seen a grunch ;)
              Warbird Charlie
              HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Originally posted by OV10 View Post

Lon.......You're so fortunate, that is the BEST club field I have seen and I've seen a grunch ;)
                So true Charlie!! Everytime I arrive at the field and get out of my vehicle...It's at least 15 minutes before i can wipe off that smile on my face!:)And what's icing on the cake, is all the great active members. Not a bad egg to be found. And there is a great smorgasbord of interrests in aircraft owned and flown....gas, nitro, electric....
                Lon

Comment

• Short on time to drive to the club field. So I went to my local go to place to fly. Large parking lot in Bellevue Iowa. My camo F-86 with drop tanks flight.

Lon

Comment

• Originally posted by OV10 View Post

Here's a good photo of the field taken last year at our annual airshow.
                    Lon

Comment

• CB and I may just have to visit that field at some point in time.
                      There goes the neighborhoodLOLLOL
                      Grossman56
                      Team Gross!

Comment

• Maybe I'll just follow him back home after NEFI and camp at his airfield till they force me to have to join that club, that's when you know you've worn out your visitor status. :Silly:
                        Warbird Charlie
                        HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• That would be great....unfortunate it's such a long distance for both of you, though Gman will drive right by it on the way to NEFI.
                          Lon

Comment

• Tried shooting more air to air video this weekend with my friend. I think we are finally starting to get the coordination done a bit better. Did 3 flights, with my Durafly Skyraider, Freewing F-86, and FMS P-51, and of course the only landing captured was the worst one Let me know what you guys think, any feedback is appreciated!

Comment

• Great vid. Nice one mate

Comment

• SWEET!!! Very good. I can imagine that it's not that easy to get the coordination between the two of you, to capture the shots you did.
                                Lon

Comment

• Thanks guys! Coordination is definitely difficult. Mostly it consists of flying straight and level, and trusting the quad pilot to get close for the shot. However, getting your warbird that close to 4 spinning blades is the last think your brain wants you to do! Turns have to be communicated well in advance though, or its very easy to fly out of the shot. Hopefully next time we can try shooting some maneuvers. A roll captured from the tail would probably look pretty neat.

Comment

• Man, that is some AWESOME footage you are getting!!! You do realize however, the P-51 flies much better with the flaps UP!!! All joking aside, that is some of the best air to air footage I have seen. I have a few guys in my little flying circle with some good drones, and we are going to be trying it out next weekend. I had thought about putting the "Follow Me" bracelet in the plane, and see if it will stay with it!!

Comment

• Time for a gunfight!

Comment

• Nice one Ben.

Cant remember if I posted these here. (Sorry if I have). Couple of old ones I made for the blokes I sometimes fly at a park with. ;)

Comment

• I much prefer flying at my regular club with the nice big bitumen strips, but park flying can be just as fun. :)

Comment

Working...
                                          X