Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• Comment

• Wow!! I made the news flying. First plane you see landing (A-10) in this news coverage of our club airshow, is me landing in some windy conditions.
        When you hear something small buzzing through the air these days a drone may come to mind but if you are buzzing along with the Iowa City Aerohawks things are a little different.“drones get to stay in one spot they can move left to right up down planes you
        Lon

EFlite F-16 80mm, EFite DRACO, EFlite Night Radian, E-Flite P51 1.5m
        Freewing A-10 80mm, F-86 80mm, F-15 90mm, Avanti. FMS DHC-2 Beaver, Fliteline P-38L ,HSD HME-262, HSD F86.

Comment

• That was very cool lon. Nice mate. :)

Comment

• Hey, great News coverage, such a nice field and great to see young people getting involved as well, things are definitely going right for your Club!!

Grossman56
            Team Gross!

Comment

• Originally posted by Lon View Post
              Wow!! I made the news flying. First plane you see landing (A-10) in this news coverage of our club airshow, is me landing in some windy conditions.
              That's awesome Lon, its great to see our hobby getting some attention on the news like that. Thanks for sharing!
              Still Learning:D

Comment

• Shirty, Gman, Pauly, Thanks!! Glad you enjoyed :)
                Lon

EFlite F-16 80mm, EFite DRACO, EFlite Night Radian, E-Flite P51 1.5m
                Freewing A-10 80mm, F-86 80mm, F-15 90mm, Avanti. FMS DHC-2 Beaver, Fliteline P-38L ,HSD HME-262, HSD F86.

Comment

• $30 dollars per year on our field.

The soy fields are invaluable, has saved many airplanes from total destruction. Just a good workout trying to walk through them, and a little risky pushing luck hoping not to step on a snakes.

Attached Files

Comment

• ... :)

Comment

• Beautiful Shirty, looks like Spring in Aus is coming early!!

Grossman56
                      Team Gross!

Comment

• I de bushed the BushMule, and now I just call it the Mule. The big foam tundra wheels looked cartoonish to me, so I replaced them with something that looks a bit more scale...ish. It's not really a model of anything specific, but it is fun to fly. I used my first Admiral Rx in this one. The great price meant I could go with the 10 channel and plug each light into its own slot.

Comment

• Not sure the issue, but cant open the posted video above.

Others I can, I also reloaded the page, did not help.

Our field is not too big, for me its a 5 to 10 minute drive. I dont have any videos yet. Its a small club, so its limited on buying more land and performing upgrades. You'll see mostly electric and the usual sport or 3D glow plane.

Comment

• Originally posted by crankestein View Post
                            Not sure the issue, but cant open the posted video above.

Others I can, I also reloaded the page, did not help.

Our field is not too big, for me its a 5 to 10 minute drive. I dont have any videos yet. Its a small club, so its limited on buying more land and performing upgrades. You'll see mostly electric and the usual sport or 3D glow plane.

Sorry Crank, not sure why you are having issues, it works okay for me.

My club is also a small club with about 30 members. One of the best parts of that is that you almost never have to wait to fly. Another good thing about small clubs is you get to know the other members. We will probably never have a paved runway or state of the art facilities, but we do have a good time!

Comment

• It did not work on my mobile phone, and it also did not work on the desktop computer.

Can anybody else confirm besides the originator that in fact it does work? Am using Firefox in the desktop and IE in the mobile phone, android. Anyway, no sweat about it...

When you say wait, you mean wait to have a station open? or is it a maximum amount of airplanes in the air?

Comment

• I can open WV's vid
                                Warbird Charlie
                                HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Tried my hand at dropping some objects and trying to get them to land on the runway from about 100 feet or so. I found some toy light up helicopter party favor toys. They are meant to be shot into the air with a rubber band and then twirl back down. Flying after sunset they looked kind of cool as they left the plane and floated down, spinning like a maple tree seed. I ended up hitting the runway about 50% of the time, but it was fun.

Comment

Working...
                                          X