Callie Graphics

You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tengarang's Avenue concerning Lord Emperor Teng's Weekly Field and Hangar Maintenance Activity

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dear Friends and Colleagues of the tengarang Fleet.

Happy Tuesday to all of you.

The Bomb Drop Modules have arrived and are now retrofitted on aircraft#1 Dynam GeeBee AKA Stewies plane.

Shes is now officially apart of the Bomber command and can carry a massive popper payload for some carpet bombing missions.

Comment

Dear Colleagues and friends of the tengarang fleet.

I have an update to share with the group about the modification efforts for the following aircraft(s)

aircraft#51 Eflite P-51D 1200mm
      Received an upgraded motor from the Eflite Maule (Aircraft# 31). The 1050KV 15BL motor running 4s which gives 1260 watts at 99amps at WOT running the 10.5x8x4 stock prop. The advantage here was that the mechanical footprint of the motor matches exactly to that of the P-51 which shares the exact same motor casing and motor mount and xmount footprint to the firewall which completes the scale look.

The max power using a 4000mah 45C lipo with 3.83V per cell (before loading) yields 1260watts at 99Amps. In this case my seperate BEC which will be sourced by its own 2s 800mA lipo coupled with a 4000uF cap will serve as a safety net as the current rises over the 70A (80A burst) rating of the esc while the integrated SBEC of the ESC is most vulnerable to failure.

In normal cases i will not run full throttle, but only during war emergency situations will full throttle be utilized.

https://www.horizonhobby.com/15bl-1050kv-motor%3A-15m-maule…

Aircraft#31 Eflite Maule 1500mm
      Received the 3948 760KV (850KV measured by kv meter)

https://www.motionrc.com/…/fms-1300mm-3d-plane-3948-kv760-m…

Running the FMS 13x9x3 prop. I have not measured the Power yet as i did not monitor it, but it is drawing less than 50Amps which i have retrofitted the hobbyking 60amp aerostar esc with reverse function. A handy feature when it comes to taxiing on the water incase a U-turn is not possible.

https://hobbyking.com/…/aerostar-rvs-60a-electronic-speed-c…

In order to get the reverse function working i have purchased a spectrum rx programmer for the AR636 because port 5 (Gear channel) of this receiver is pre-programmed to have port 5 floating which means it has no protocol to receive any instruction from the DX9 Gear Channel. I guess this is the way Horizon Hobby released this particular model consequently configuring this receiver this way, while other BNF kits like the eflite P-51 or P-47 or F4u have port 5 open to Gear channel. This is a minor obstacle to overcome but unexpected.

Once the cable arrives in the mail it should take no time to get port 5 active to the gear channel in which case the reverse function of the Aerostar ESC will come alive.

Comment

Originally posted by tengarang View Post
        Video from Mission#2 Aircraft #11 take 1
        Those were some fun days at Livermore!

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by borntoolate View Post

Those were some fun days at Livermore!

Bob
          It certainly was Bob

Comment

Dear Friends and Colleagues of the tengarang Avenue.
            Due to the weather washout this weekend, i utilized the grounded time to make some improvements to the USS War Cry and upgrade one of my skyangle screamers from an edf 50mm 10 blade coversion to pusher conversion via 2800KV outrunner from the changesun 64mm 12 blade setup which will be powered by a 3s 2200mah

Aircraft#46 USS War Cry has been retrofitted with the trustworthy non Auxiliary controlled Version 1 Orx 3-axis gyro, In addition to that some soldering work to shorten power cables to reduce weight and path resistance to the power electronics have been optimized. Hopefully next week i am able to maiden this aircraft

Aircraft#43 Sky Angel Screamer has received a 3s pusher configuration which generates 343 watts at 32 amps resulting in 10.7V under load
            this will effectively make #43 the second fastest aircraft in the tengarang fleet

Aircraft#43 will receive an external bec with its own 2s source for 4s operation as well as the EfLA1140W Eflite 40A esc will run out of auxiliary headroom as soon as the underload current draw surpasses the 40A compliance in which case the external step down regulator will kick in as a safety net. With this configuration the 4s setup will be very much unnecessary as the 3s setup is already more than 2:1 thrust to weight ratio on a very efficient and slippery air-frame, 4s will just give this speed demon alot more power.
            Attached Files

Comment

Following Aircrafts are scheduled for qualifications which they require for the mods that have been recently implemented:

Aircraft#1 Tail Dragger Civilian Dynam GeeBee 1200mm
              Aircraft#40 55mm Multiple Gears Civilian Tian Sheng A380
              Aircraft#43 50mm Belly Lander Fictional / Civilian Skyangle Screamer 2800KV outrunner
              Aircraft#46 Tricycle Gear Military USS War Cry
              Aircraft#52 Tail Dragger Military/Fighter 11Hobby Bearcat 1100mm
              Attached Files

Comment

Dear Friends and Colleagues of the tengarang Avenue

I want to share the schedule for tengarang fleet operations in the coming weeks for the 8 of 52 aircraft in the coming weeks 2019. The aircraft order listing (from top to bottom) will indicate precedence of priorities. In general, priorities will change due to high commands internal daily logistics changes and fleet maintenance criteria

Type of Qualification: Maiden Flight.
                Note: LED lights will be retrofitted after the maiden flight

Aircraft#1 Tail Dragger Civilian Dynam GeeBee 1200mm
                Type of Qualification: Re-trim the GeeBee with the new Bombay doors.
                Note: a 2100uF bypass capacitor has been
                installed due to the fact that the Bombay doors (2 additional servos) have been added to the Auxiliary network which I will use a Hobbywing 5V-6V-3A Switch-mode-UBEC powered by its own 2s source to capture any possible brownout conditions in case the integrated BEC of the ESC over heats or fails momentarily.

Aircraft#40 55mm Multiple Gears Civilian Tian Sheng A380
                Type of Qualification: After the transplant of the V1 Orx Hobbyking 3-axis Gyro has made its transfer to the USS War Cry (aircrat#46) the Devo radio system was then automatically replaced by a new 7 channel Lemon RX with DSMX satellite now programmed to the DX9

Aircraft#43 50mm Belly Lander Fictional / Civilian Skyangle Screamer 2800KV outrunner
                Type of Qualification: Re-Maiden with the Pusher Configuration with 3s 2200mah 40C. Will be observing how new configuration will behave throughout the throttle range.
                Note: a 1600uF bypass capacitor has been installed due to the fact that the planned 4s operation will raise
                the current draw level well above 40 amps for war emergency power which would put at risk the integrated BEC performance of the eflite EFLA1040U esc. A Hobbywing 5V-6V-3A Switch-mode-UBEC powered by its own 2s source to capture any possible brownout conditions incase the integrated BEC of the ESC over heats or fails momentarily.

Type of Qualification: Maiden Flight, internal transfer from
                De Porchetta's fighter fleet utilizing a FMS 4268 650KV
                throwing a 14x8x4 FMS prop from the FMS 1400mm P-47D

Aircraft#31 Tail Dragger Civilian Eflite Maule 1500mm
                Type of Qualification:3948 760KV (850KV measured via KV meter no load) to turn the 13x9x3 FMS 1400mm stuka prop with 3s

Aircraft#10 Belly Lander Military/Fighter Parkzone Wildcat F4F 975mm
                Type of Qualification: 7 Channel Stabilizer qualification at LFE. The goal is to screen the rx itself to ensure it can handle the LFE interference tower recently placed as the rx had a bad antennae which i repaired. A DSMX satellite is installed to help with long
                range reception.

Aircraft#30 64mm Tricycle Gear Military/Fighter EDO Model's Draken J-35
                Type of Qualification: New 5 blade FMS fan installed to replace the 12 blade change-sun turned by a 4300KV hybrid outrunner
                2627 size, a quick re-trim effort at LFE needs to be scheduled
                Attached Files
                "Tengarang Avenue" Electric RC Vehicles and and similar interests all is OK has 320 members. A group involving close friends who want to share their...

Comment

Alright Guys and Gals of the tengarang Avenue.
                  I have an update or followup to make for my previous FB post to three of eight aircraft listed :

Aircraft#43 Pusher Belly Lander Fictional / Civilian Skyangel Screamer 2800KV outrunner.
                  Update: Installed the hobbywing 5V-6V-3A Switch-mode-UBEC, but instead of using the traditional tengarang method to source this external buck converter via separate 2s pack i am splicing directly to the main 3s/4s 2200mah power bus because i will run out of real-estate if the 4s 2200mah pack is installed. With a fully charged 4s pack i expect current draws to be under 55amps burst which the eflite ESC can handle, but now the external bec will give cot supply to the receiver step down to 5V, incase the internal bec to the 40A esc gives out due to over heating or over current condition. This pusher jet will undoubtedly out class any large EDF jet 6s and up simply because of the pusher configuration but very powerful Over ~500 watts at 4s operation on a slippery and efficient aerodynamic air-frame less than 2.8lbs, putting this little jet on another level of performance. It also will justify to prevent any further acquisitions for larger EDF jets in the 6s plus operation which helps cost retaining efforts for fleet operations. Maiden flight will be scheduled as soon as the BT3000 3.7V 1s Transmitter pack comes in the mail for the Devo 12s.

Update: Receive the DSMX satellite extension to the open Receiver port and rebound to the 4258 F8F program on the DX9. Shes ready for her maiden flight

Update: Worked on LED lights, which required some soldering work earlier today. All that remains to be done is to install these LEDS on board the USS War Cry. Since there are three days left before Sunday the 10th of January, i may have an open window to install these LED's right before the maiden flight. If installation does happen before the 10th of January, then there will be another update report with pictures to show the final implementation for Aircraft#46.
                  Dear Friends and Colleagues of the tengarang Avenue https://www.facebook.com/groups/492907014419557/ I want to share the schedule for tengarang fleet...

Comment

Update USS War Cry Aircraft#46 has been retrofitted Navigation Lights. Following up on the recent thread:
                    Attached Files

Comment

USS WAR CRY
                      Light Show

LED implementation complete.

Comment

Final Taxi Test before maiden flight With LED's during the Early Evening of 2/9/2019

With a fully charged 4s 4000mah 45C China Hobby Line Lipo, she is drawing ~1200 Watts of continuous power at 82 Amps which results in ~mid to high 14V underload which i saw several hundred mV below the 14.8V nominal level for 4s. In practice i do not see this to be an issue as WOT (Wide open throttle ) will not be utilized.

The AUW (All Up Weight) for the USS War Cry is measured at 5.8 Lbs, keeping in mind the rule of thumb it takes 150Watts per pound to achieve good flight performance. In this case we have around ~200Watts per pound of power to carry the USS War Cry, and keeping in mind the IR drop will become lower as the load is eating away at the battery....

Sound Track with no sound

Sound Track included with sound

Comment

Weather Permitting if the rain stops i will look for an open window to qualify aircraft#43 "Skyangle Screamer 2800KV outrunner " with a Propeller: 5.5x4.5x2 pushed by gens ace 25C 2200mah and 1550mah 4s to get a feel of the characteristic how she will react to the new power plant and torque arrangement.

this thing was measured to be just under 600watts which would make this thing easily over power any modern large edf or in terms performance.

WIll be experimenting with smaller diameter props with more pitch to see exactly how fast i can clock this thing
                          Attached Files

Comment

Aircraft#43 qualification complete

I love this little hot rod!!!

Comment

Aircraft#17
                              1875mm B-17G Duchess Daughter of the tengarang fleet flown by myself in Formation with the B-17G China Doll flown by Captain Borntoolate and B-17F Blond Bomber flown by Captain Karltrek was a success.

Fortunately the three bomber crews were not hurt and the payload was delivered on target, however the other bomber squadrons in today's bomb group did suffer losses in a fierce battle with the axis powers while en-route to the target

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6KUNcwZ9Ek&lc=z23tu5bolp2ss3vlmacdp43anuvap2lrx35tj2q00ntw03c010c.1551056059925965...

Comment

Aircraft#43 Skyangle Screamer Pusher Configuration Via the Tengarang Method AKA also nick named "EDF Hunter" has undergone some empirical data collection comparing various prop sizes and pitch over a semi charged 4s 2200mah pack 25C Gens Ace.

Average Voltage Per Cell was noted around ~3.9V with 200mV in between cells before loading.

out of the various prop configurations exercised through this battery pack i have come to the conclusion the 4.75x5.5x2 APC prop is going to be the best choice in terms of maximizing speed and at the same time minimize power consumption. Note these numbers reported on the chart are representation of static (or Worst Case) loading. I surmise the amps will be averaged well below 35amp --> ~3/4 throttle when in the air since full throttle for this jet is not going to be needed throughout the majority duration of the flight.

The All Up Weight (AUW) is 1.34Lbs
                                and taking in to consideration minimum requirement for unlimited vertical performance is 150 watts per Lbs

which means for the given AUW we will need 201 watts to achieve the unlimited vertical performance.

Since we have 580 watts which means we have almost triple--> (~2.88) times the power needed to achieve the unlimited vertical performance...

The performance with this amount of thrust to weight ratio would be the secret recipe to ultimate performance; from a power to weight ratio point of view.

the 5.5 grade pitch will also ensure the high end acceleration will be topped out and sustained as much as possible even as the voltage under load is depleted through the duration of throttle application
                                Attached Files

Comment

these servos are standard issue for all my bombers elevators

Comment

Aircraft 1,9 and 52 are on todays photo shoot. If tomorrows weather yields no rain with acceptable winds then the qualification for aircraft#1 and maiden flight for aircraft#52 will take place at Rancho San Antonio. Word on the street suggests De Porchetta B-26 will be on standby as presiding figure for the qualification and maiden flight ceremonies; and may also go upstairs for swim as well.

Weather Permitting.

If the rain does show up in tomorrow forecast then there is a indoor project for AIRCRAFT#17 and AIRCRAFT#18
                                    for replacing both bomber with the "Turnigy™ TGY-390DMH High Performance DS/MG Servo 5.4kg / 0.11sec / 22.5g' servos.

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/turnigyt...sec-22-5g.html

AIRCRAFT#1 Tail Dragger Civilian Dynam GeeBee 1200mm USA priceless Ready for Qualification Power25 1160KV APC 11x8x2 4s 2200mah DX9
                                    AIRCRAFT#9 Tail Dragger Military/Fighter 11Hobby Bearcat 1100mm USA priceless Ready In Hangar G32 600KV unique 13x6x4 4s 4000mah DX9
                                    AIRCRAFT#52 Tail Dragger Military/Fighter 11Hobby Bearcat 1100mm USA priceless Maiden Flight 4258 650KV FMS 14x8x4 4s 2200mah DX9

AIRCRAFT#17 Tail Dragger Military/Bomber 1875mm B-17G Duchess Daughter USA priceless Ready In Hangar 4018 850KV FMS Stock 9x6.5x3 Counter Rotating TWO 3s 4000mah DX9
                                    AIRCRAFT#18 Tail Dragger Military/Bomber 1875mm B-17G Tiger Girl USA priceless Ready In Hangar 4018 700KV FMS Stock 9x6.5x3 Counter Rotating TWO 4s 2200mah DX9

Attached Files

Comment

AIRCRAFT#52 Tail Dragger Military/Fighter 11Hobby Bearcat 1100mm USA priceless Maiden Flight 4258 650KV FMS 14x8x4 4s 2200mah DX9

rc plane rc airplane remote control plane remote control airplane 11Hobby Bearcat F8F

Qualification for:

AIRCRAFT#1 Tail Dragger Civilian Dynam GeeBee 1200mm USA priceless Ready In Hangar Power25 1160KV APC 11x8x2 4s 2200mah DX9

Went well, after getting the LemonRX 10 channel dialed in and re-trimmed to the new radio settings. I had to dumb down the dual rate settings to match the expo on the ailerons to get the GeeBee flying smoothly.

Maiden Flight for:

AIRCRAFT#52 Tail Dragger Military/Fighter 11Hobby Bearcat 1100mm USA priceless Ready In Hangar 4258 650KV FMS 14x8x4 4s 4000mah DX9

went well as well, the taxiing surface at RSA is a bit rough for the super big motor fms 4258 650KV in conjunction with the 4000mah 4s China hobbyline pack.
                                      Future missions for this aircraft will be flown at LFE with the smooth asphalt runway.

Both Aircraft#17 and Aircraft#18 received their high performance turnigy servos in the afternoon, for the elevator a qualification flight for these new additions will be scheduled

AIRCRAFT#17 Tail Dragger Military/Bomber 1875mm B-17G Duchess Daughter USA priceless Ready In Hangar 4018 850KV FMS Stock 9x6.5x3 Counter Rotating TWO 3s 4000mah DX9

AIRCRAFT#18 Tail Dragger Military/Bomber 1875mm B-17G Tiger Girl USA priceless Ready In Hangar 4018 700KV FMS Stock 9x6.5x3 Counter Rotating TWO 4s 2200mah DX9
                                      Attached Files
                                      Qualification for: AIRCRAFT#1 Tail Dragger Civilian Dynam GeeBee 1200mm USA priceless Ready In Hangar Power25 1160KV APC 11x8x2 4s 2200mah DX9...

Comment

Aircraft#1 Dynam GeeBee

I plan to build a ~4V audio amplifier to enable amplification capability to amplify Stewie's three tone speech patterns(s)

First thing that needs to happen is to have an auxiliary control to enable the controlled by toggle speech pattern(s) on Stewie's existing hardware which is already embedded inside the doll.

to do this i have ordered the
                                        "Dr. Mad Thrust series 5A HV BEC with Inbuilt Aux Controlled On/Off Switch for Accs"
                                        https://hobbyking.com/en_us/dr-mad-thrust-series-5a-hv-bec-with-inbuilt-aux-controlled-on-off-switch-for-accs.html

The Dr. Mad Thrust unit will serve two purposes:
                                        1) tone toggle control
                                        2) external BEC unit which will be decoupled by a 4000uF bypass cap which will be operable with the main esc's internal bec circuit as well; to safely achieve a dual BEC operational condition going to the receiver.

For the amplification circuit going in to Stewie's speakers the Texas Instruments the LM386N-1 chip will be utilized to build a circuit to amplify the sound from stewies 3 mode tone toggled by the Dr. Mad thrust Auxillary control.

At the moment i am debating to use a 9V or greater battery to get punchier sound at the expense of additional weight for the AUW (All up weight) of stewies airplane. Id like to keep the weight down hence the purpose of building this light weight circuit as opposed to buying a pre-built bulky and heavy sound module. Which by the way a custom built version will allow me alot more flexibility to retrofit the sound solution to what real-estate i have available inside Stewie's plane

In general im gonna use a 10K POT to adjust the input at the non inverting input pin of the LM386-1 and use filter caps at power to reduce clipping and noise tuning

the results should be better than most small blue tooth speakers......

http://www.ti.com/lit/ds/symlink/lm386.pdf
                                        Attached Files
                                        Aircraft#1 Dynam GeeBee I plan to build a ~4V audio amplifier to enable amplification capability capability Stewie's three tone speech patterns(s)...

Comment

With some help from my friends discussing the replacement of the momentary switch. I came up with the following schematic and seems to work quite well. Since the output with 2A load is essentially a buffered 5V driver i chose a 5V relay (2211-05-301) to control the switch via GEAR channel from he transmitter .

https://www.digikey.com/…/co…/2211-05-301/306-1006-ND/301641

The 5V output was used to power up the relay and bias the Common pin 4 which is normally closed when the relay is not being driven 0V which enables Stewie to toggle tone each time i hit the gear switch.

when the relay is powered on 5V across the coil then the open circuit condition between pin 4 and 8 is met hence no tone toggle condition.
                                          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                          X