Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks so much. It has been great seeing it come together. You guys all have motivation and confidence to try it!

Comment

• Yep good stuff indeed! Keep the vids coming!
      My YouTube RC videos:
      https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Still dont see that its so difficult to drill thru that plate and use longer bolts then nylock nuts ,,, on the back... if they rub the cowel plastic,, a little sand paper.... production is called production 4 a reason ... just incase a nylock is a nut with a little plastic or rubber in back of it.... no need to use locktite all that cost me 5 aussie bucks

Comment

• Corsair Cohorts, I have posted the STL Files for my Cowl Flap modification design in the Official 3DP forum/thread here on "The Squawk". Questions/Comments, please post those there. Best, LB
          I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
          ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
          ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• I've also taken the liberty to add those fine .STL files to the support tab on the product pages as well...Thanks Elbee!
            My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Elbee
              Elbee commented
              Editing a comment
              Aros, I should probably send you some of the Photos from the Foam Surgery to add to the file set, so anyone who wants to take the time to do the mod will have some kind of references. Yes/No? Best, LB

• Originally posted by Aros View Post
            I've also taken the liberty to add those fine .STL files to the support tab on the product pages as well...Thanks Elbee!
            Aros, I have sent you a photos file via email for a reference companion to the STL files you posted to MotionRC. I hope this helps anyone who 'gives it a go'. Best LB
            ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Copy that Elbee I'll overwrite the old file and add this updated .zip...Thank you, you're a gentleman and a scholar, not many left.
              My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Elbee
                Elbee commented
                Editing a comment
                Hah, just you and me then? LOL Best, LB

• love it

Joe
              Platt: fw190d9 Dynaflite:PT-19 IMP:Macchi202 ESM:fw190 ESM:Tank, Hien Jackson:DH-2 BH:macchi200 Extr:fw190 Holman:me109F H9spit2 FL:F4u,spit 9 FW:me262 GP:us60, Stuka, cub, F4u PZ:me109, albi EF Hurri, T-28 FMS: 2x fw190, me109 Lone Star:Skat Kat RSCombat:2xfw190d9

Comment

• Hope to maiden mine soon ... just determining battery placement for weight and balance.
                I'll be using a 6000 mah pack. For those if you that are also using this size pack did you remove any (or all) of the weights in the cowl ?

Thanks. Bob

Comment

• I added two in the Cowl to get the CG where I wanted it for the first few flights That is with an Admiral 6000 pro as far forward as it will go. Check out Post #4291 and 4301 I need to get more flights on it with out the wind I might be able to remove the two weights I added but for now I have put them inside the Cowl

Comment

• Here's my last video on my Corsair. Came out pretty nice and got the look that I envisioned. Thanks for all the help along the way. You guys don't know it but you all helped a little cuz I was following what everyone did to theirs. Hope you got some ideas and like it. Some real good builders on this forum.

Comment

• Love the Corsair but why does it always bounce on landing, the Flightline Spitfire lands fine but this little devil loves to bounce when I land it.Is this common or am I just a crap flyer 🤔

Comment

• Originally posted by Tigerman View Post
                        Love the Corsair but why does it always bounce on landing, the Flightline Spitfire lands fine but this little devil loves to bounce when I land it.Is this common or am I just a crap flyer 🤔
                        Mine still bounces on occasion. I find several things help and you can try these all together and then as you get better at it, eliminate one at a time.
                        1. It tends to bounce more when landing on a smooth runway. I find if I land it on the grass, it's fine.
                        2. It tends to bounce more if you use full flaps. It's not that full flaps by themselves cause the bounce. It's that full flaps causes the plane to slow down too much and the last few feet above the ground, it drops faster than it should and then bounces off the ground. Start landing with no flaps and see how that goes. When you get better at that, try it with 1/2 flaps and keep a little power on till the thing touches down. When you get better at that, try it full flaps and keep more power on.
                        Once you get good at "2", try it on the smooth surface starting again with no flaps.

Comment

• Thanks XVIPER I give that a go

Comment

• This is like any other War bird, it has to be flown all the way the to touch down even after touch down you have to stay busy with all surfaces. Use of right rudder on take off and landing is also very important especially when flying off paved runways. Any plane lands on grass easier, landing a war bird on a paved surface is not easy. Full flaps on the Corsair cause tremendous drag thus having to keep a lot of power on to land it. I have backed of the recommended throws for the flaps. I never use flaps when windy. With full flaps I use at least 1/3 throttle then reduce after touch down. As Viper said start with the flaps up fly it with power until just after touch down then slowly reduce the power. Landing a tail dragging War Bird is a Challenge, and when down correctly is very gratifying good luck, practice practice practice photo taken right after the test flight . the plane was way out of trim on this first flight which made it very interesting right away, and there was a slight cross wind too https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzucmjSlliQ

Click image for larger version  Name:	CV2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	136.3 KB ID:	309323

Comment

Love the Corsair but why does it always bounce...
                              TM, Some of members have added the Robart 3.5" Wheel/Tire set. I understand that has helped with the 'bounce', but nothing beats flying her all the way down. Best, LB
                              ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Wild Man you make it look so easy. Think it is practice, practice and more practice to land like that

Comment

• I have noticed my C of G was further back then the recommended 100mm, it was more like 110mm. So would that have made it more prone to the bouncy landing?. If I bring the C of G forward to 100mm would that make it better or is that wishful thinking

Comment

I have noticed my C of G was further back then the recommended 100mm, it was more like 110mm. So would that have made it more prone to the bouncy landing?. If I bring the C of G forward to 100mm would that make it better or is that wishful thinking
                                    This is a fairly big, heavy plane. 10mm back may only contribute slightly to the bounce as the tail has a bit higher tendency to drop after the first touchdown. I think you could easily counter-act the slight rearward CG by practicing different techniques for landing. However, to get the CG back to where it's "recommended", you might consider putting extra weights in the cowl. Did you use the provided extra weights when you put this plane together? Does your battery have room to move forward any further? Move the battery first before adding any more weights.

Comment

• Yes I put the 2 weight in the nose and the battery has plenty of room to go forward. It was just bad setting up on my part. I make sure the c of g is back to 100mm and try it. I see the RC Informer has the c of g about 10mm forward at 90 mm on he's Flightline Corsair. Think I just need to fly it more and practice touch and goes untill I get the feel of it.
                                      Thanks XVIPER for your help and Wild Man

Comment

Working...
                                      X