Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I hope this posts. Here is my video documentation of the modifications I am doing to my Flightline Models Corsair. Hope you get something out of the videos. I have a few more then I am starting the external paint process. If it's not ok to post here, please just let me know. I just love trying to help people out with ideas for their own birds. Thanks.

Comment

• Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	0 Size:	74.5 KB ID:	306939Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	0 Size:	80.4 KB ID:	306940 A bit off topic, but here's the result of my Tamiya 1:32 scale Corsair...9 months in progress! I did a ton of research and tried to always go by actual photos whenever possible, although I could only find one of the Daphne C! What an awesome bird!

Rob

Comment

• RCAV8R, It's a Corsair, just a bit smaller. Off topic, nah, great weathering work. She is a looker. Best, LB
        I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
        ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
        ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Great job. Very good weathering. Love it!

Comment

• Originally posted by 1080tommy View Post
            I hope this posts. Here is my video documentation of the modifications I am doing to my Flightline Models Corsair. Hope you get something out of the videos. I have a few more then I am starting the external paint process. If it's not ok to post here, please just let me know. I just love trying to help people out with ideas for their own birds. Thanks.

Nice work, love your subtle weathering technique and results.
            Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
            Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• RCAV8R 1080tommy simply fantastic work gents. Warms my heart when I see such passion and detail into one of the finest WWII warbirds to ever grace this planet. Bravo Zulu.
              My YouTube RC videos:
              https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Here's the second video in the series. I hope you enjoy it!!! Hope some of the techniques can be helpful!!!

Comment

• Corsair Compatriots, Quick update, though the work was slow, on the Cowl Flap Mod. Parts painted, fitted, and glued. As I wrote, I added CF tubes at the bottom of the fuselage and through the OEM CF strengthening rods that extend forward 3" into the fuselage. I used Gorilla clear to add the Cowl Ring to thinned foam along with the kit foam tac style glue for the PLA parts. I epoxied the CF rods in place and into the forward fuselage. The added total weight was 2.15 oz. That brought the PW Engine mod and Cowl Flap mod to a total of 4.02 ounces which is just over 1 ounce more than the 4 OEM weights. I think it is a fair trade off. In any event, I am on to the next mod. More when there is more. Best, LB
                  Attached Files
                  ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Beautiful work LB...you're the King of Foam!

Rob

Comment

• Originally posted by Elbee View Post
                      Corsair Compatriots, Quick update, though the work was slow, on the Cowl Flap Mod. Parts painted, fitted, and glued. As I wrote, I added CF tubes at the bottom of the fuselage and through the OEM CF strengthening rods that extend forward 3" into the fuselage. I used Gorilla clear to add the Cowl Ring to thinned foam along with the kit foam tac style glue for the PLA parts. I epoxied the CF rods in place and into the forward fuselage. The added total weight was 2.15 oz. That brought the PW Engine mod and Cowl Flap mod to a total of 4.02 ounces which is just over 1 ounce more than the 4 OEM weights. I think it is a fair trade off. In any event, I am on to the next mod. More when there is more. Best, LB
                      Ingenious! Now that's what a Corsair's cowl flaps should look like! I'm assuming the tension with the spring is just enough to allow them to close as the air flow increases either from an increase in prop or air speed, correct? That will look awesome during take-off when you hit full power, or landing when you reduce throttle.
                      Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                      Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Bravo sir!!!
                        Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

• RCAV8R Hugh Wiedman dman e4dragongunner
                          Gentlemen, I thank you. RC, I used to be the Prince of Polyester in the 70's, Yes, HW the springs are light, so we'll see about 'airflow closure', and E4, thanks again, mate. Best, LB
                          ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Currently my most favorite thing to do on Hobby Squawk is clicking on the link in my notifications when Elbee has an update in the Corsair thread. Top shelf craftsmanship my friend.
                            My YouTube RC videos:
                            https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Great job!! That looks really amazing!!!

Comment

• Here's video 3 of my modifications on the Corsair!!!! I got the paint pretty much done and that video will be following soon. It came out pretty good and I like the colors and the effect that I got on her!!!! Thanks for taking the time to watch if you do!!!!

Comment

• Awesome love it Tom!
                                  Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

• Here's my 4th video on The 1600mm Corsair. Thanks so much to all the guys putting stuff up that gave me the motivation to do this. I am always amazed at how relaxing this is. I have only built two plastic models in my life and that was a couple months ago and that was great as well. Now I just hope as the maiden nears, I fly her as good as she's coming out

Comment

• 1080tommy you definitely got some skill! Thanks for sharing, can't wait to see the final product!
                                      Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman

Comment

• Thanks man! I appreciate it. Learned a lot on this one! It’s the first time modifying a foam aircraft. I was a bit worried at first but as I went on it sort of just started to come together.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1080tommy View Post
                                          Thanks man! I appreciate it. Learned a lot on this one! It’s the first time modifying a foam aircraft. I was a bit worried at first but as I went on it sort of just started to come together.
                                          1T, That is usually the process, worry, then shazam, she's done... The most difficult part is always "Step 1". Good work. Best, LB
                                          ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

Working...
                                          X