Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I guess my question would be to anyone and to the R/C manufacturers... is any thrust line other than actual full size really needed? My apologies as this is off topic, so back to the airplane. Elbee you do magnificent work! And because of the mount, I'll probably fly that way with mine too.
    Fly low, fly fast, turn left

Comment

• Elbee
      Elbee commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks NV. Much appreciated.

• Originally posted by Elbee View Post
    ...The laugh to me anyway, is the original OEM cowling weight was 5.61 ounces which included all 4 nose weights. Now with 2 weights removed the all up weight is 5.75 ounces. So my thought is the dummy P&W definitely looks better than 2 steel weights.

I think we would all heartily agree my friend.
    My YouTube RC videos:
    https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Been of the squark 4 a bit new tx here... so flew my baby thismorn,, was nervous,, or pucker factor.... new set up all went wel, .. was going to get spectrum, but got new dynam detrum blitz... 4 years was good run 4 my previous detrum.. elbee and shark ... good job to u both.. very cool..... lastly more great recent stuff on u tube about the english involvement getting the f4u carrier capable it took some taming what a plane

Comment

• f4u ausie, I thank you, Sir. Yes, it would appear that the Brits had more patience with the carrier concept. Flightline nailed this, much like the Spittie. I'm enjoying the build. Best, LB
        I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
        ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
        ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

f4u ausie, I thank you, Sir. Yes, it would appear that the Brits had more patience with the carrier concept. Flightline nailed this, much like the Spittie. I'm enjoying the build. Best, LB
          Another huge development in the success of the Corsair to landing safely on carriers was the advent of the 6 inch stall strip on the leading edge of the right wing, which would (hopefully) cause the right wing to stall at the same time as the left wing on carrier landings. This stall would hopefully be performed at a few inches above the deck! I think Chance Vought and his team of engineers came up with the idea through wind tunnel testing to try to solve the problem of the left wing stalling and then rolling left on landing approaches to the carrier. An amazing plane!

Comment

Corsair Colleagues, Quick update on the P&W 3DP mod. Dry fit to cowl ring of the painted bits. Not too bad, some assembly required, needs weathering. Offset thrust angles for the motor is included. Would like the P&W assembly to be 'proud' of the cowl ring slightly, but shimming the motor forward could be troublesome, we'll see. Best, LB

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0599.JPG
Views:	966
Size:	117.2 KB
ID:	301990
            Hi Elbee, Your 3DP motor looks great. Where did you get the STL file from? Rodger C

Comment

• Originally posted by RodgerC View Post

Hi Elbee, Your 3DP motor looks great. Where did you get the STL file from? Rodger C
              Are you a designer of great functional models? Become a member of the worlds best designers GANG now! Contact: gang@3dlabprint.com NOTE: 3DLabGANG section contains independent creators products. 3DLabPrint takes no responsibility for the contents.

RC, Thank you. The STL files are from 3DLabsGang, about $10 USD. The P&W R-2800 Wasp file is for their 3DP Corsair. The files are very scalable. I used 77% for my Prusa Mk3 set up using Prusa Slicer. Best, LB
              ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Beautiful day here in Ohio to maiden the Corsair. Light breeze, but right down the runway. Two flights with zero problems. I did flaps up takeoffs and landings on both flights, as per some of the sage advice in this thread. Seems happy flying that way. I did extend the flaps during the second flight, and they do not seem to cause any kind of pitching moment. I’ll try landing with them on the next outing. Kept the power on lightly until touchdown both landings, no bouncing! I think this will be an enjoyable airplane.

Name:	9CF481D3-BECE-4F50-B805-74F0742DADC8.jpeg
Views:	461
Size:	246.4 KB
ID:	304557Click image for larger version

Name:	73405439-C998-43F4-B55F-D9329F7C4739.jpeg
Views:	456
Size:	189.8 KB
ID:	304558

Comment

• Congrats on the successful maiden, she's a beaut!
                  My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Originally posted by EA-6B Geek View Post
                    Beautiful day here in Ohio to maiden the Corsair. ! I think this will be an enjoyable airplane.
                    E6, Again, she's a looker and very nicely done, Sir. Best, LB
                    ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

Beautiful day here in Ohio to maiden the Corsair. Light breeze, but right down the runway. Two flights with zero problems. I did flaps up takeoffs and landings on both flights, as per some of the sage advice in this thread. Seems happy flying that way. I did extend the flaps during the second flight, and they do not seem to cause any kind of pitching moment. I’ll try landing with them on the next outing. Kept the power on lightly until touchdown both landings, no bouncing! I think this will be an enjoyable airplane.

Nicely Done Brother!
                      Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

Beautiful day here in Ohio to maiden the Corsair. Light breeze, but right down the runway. Two flights with zero problems. I did flaps up takeoffs and landings on both flights, as per some of the sage advice in this thread. Seems happy flying that way. I did extend the flaps during the second flight, and they do not seem to cause any kind of pitching moment. I’ll try landing with them on the next outing. Kept the power on lightly until touchdown both landings, no bouncing! I think this will be an enjoyable airplane.

Beautiful looking Corsair (but then all of them are to me) and your field and runway look great. Glad you got out and had a successful maiden; sounds like you got this baby in the zone. Believe it or not, with each flight you'll love it even more. Can't give FW enough kudos on this model.
                        Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                        Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Thanks gentlemen! Definitely a winner for MRC.

Comment

• Hey Marine.... Some questions....

Robart Wheels yes?
                            What Battery?
                            Where is your CG?
                            How much nose weight did you add?

Thanks man!
                            Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

• Originally posted by e4dragongunner View Post
                              Hey Marine.... Some questions....

Robart Wheels yes?
                              What Battery?
                              Where is your CG?
                              How much nose weight did you add?

Thanks man!
                              Jay,
                              Robart 3.5” wheels,
                              HRB 6s 5000 50C battery,
                              CG per the manual,
                              did not have to use any of the nose weights.

S.F.

Comment

• Whistlers, (as in 'whistling death')... okay so it's our, she whose authority exceeds my rank and my "First Day We Met" anniversary next week and since I am a 3DP kinda guy, I thought I would print her something. Plastic is the 8th right? Ask your significant other for me.

Anyway, pictured below is what I giving her.

She is the "Lucky Girl" (LG). More when there is more. Best, LB

Name:	IMG_0616.JPG
Views:	679
Size:	104.5 KB
ID:	304718
                                ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

Whistlers, (as in 'whistling death')... okay so it's our, she whose authority exceeds my rank and my "First Day We Met" anniversary next week and since I am a 3DP kinda guy, I thought I would print her something. Plastic is the 8th right? Ask your significant other for me.

Anyway, pictured below is what I giving her.

She is the "Lucky Girl" (LG). More when there is more. Best, LB

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0616.JPG Views:	0 Size:	104.5 KB ID:	304718
                                  OMG, I just knew this was coming. This is the "Modification of the Century"!! I suppose you're also going to figure out how to program them to automatically open wide during take-off and climb, then close during cruising and landing. Possibly tied into your on board computer system? Although after seeing your anniversary present, I have a sneaky suspicion Tams may shut this down immediately for an extended period ! Maybe March Mayhem 2023. BTW, asked Ana what is supposed to be given on each specific anniversary and she told me every one of them needs to be something with diamonds. I don't know, but somehow that just doesn't sound right, but I don't think I'm going to argue.
                                  Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                                  Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Elbee
                                    Elbee commented
                                    Editing a comment
                                    Dude, what do you possibly mean, it's a necklace, yeah, it's plastic, but it's cute, right. Ask Ana. LOL

• Right Hugh Wiedman? How could we not see this coming from the Scale Maestro himself. You son of a gun Elbee I'm going to be refreshing this thread now far more than one man ever should just to see your progress. Cannot. Wait.
                                  My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Hugh Wiedman & Aros Guys it's jewelry for the "the patient one". What are you thinking? Best, LB
                                    ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Your work is Amazing Elbee. I have always thought it would be awesome to have these on a Corsair even if they were open all the time Scale Maestro Designer and 3DP genius OH I have a question can I have it LOL!!!!!! just kidding Sir

Comment

Working...
                                      X