Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They are really docile models...Not a fan of LX's components of course, but always loved the size of this model. No bad habits that I can recall. It's been some years but I believe I went with MA props as the stock ones are just too flimsy and flex too much in flight. Other than that, I kept them stock as I really didn't mind putting her around gracefully in the air. Retracts, well, again LX here, but if I recall they held up okay, even with a couple not-so-flattering landings.

Dug these up from my YT channel...Second one was funny!

My YouTube RC videos:
    https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

Surely, you could have found one more obstacle to make it more challenging...

Comment

Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post
        They are really docile models...Not a fan of LX's components of course, but always loved the size of this model. No bad habits that I can recall. It's been some years but I believe I went with MA props as the stock ones are just too flimsy and flex too much in flight. Other than that, I kept them stock as I really didn't mind putting her around gracefully in the air. Retracts, well, again LX here, but if I recall they held up okay, even with a couple not-so-flattering landings.

Dug these up from my YT channel...Second one was funny!
        That's good to hear, and thanks for sharing all those videos! Really looks great in the air. Already changed out the power system and elevator servos, so hopefully should be set.

Comment

Originally posted by F22trainer View Post
          Surely, you could have found one more obstacle to make it more challenging...
          LOL LOL LOL
          My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

Originally posted by F106DeltaDart View Post
            That's good to hear, and thanks for sharing all those videos! Really looks great in the air. Already changed out the power system and elevator servos, so hopefully should be set.
            Yep sounds like you are definitely good to go!

My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

Almost done, just a bit more aluminum to go!

Comment

That looks really good, DeltaDart! Are you scuffing with Scotchbrite pads or going with a brighter polished finish? Either way it will look great in the sky. I did a similar treatment on my old FMS 1400mm B-25 but this LX is a much bigger beast.
                Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Originally posted by Alpha View Post
                  That looks really good, DeltaDart! Are you scuffing with Scotchbrite pads or going with a brighter polished finish? Either way it will look great in the sky. I did a similar treatment on my old FMS 1400mm B-25 but this LX is a much bigger beast.
                  Thanks Alpha! I will probably be polishing the finish. We kept the full scale Miss Mitchell pretty well polished most of the time.

Comment

Wow, what a beaut! Great job bud!
                    My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

Almost done, just a bit more aluminum to go!
                      F106DD, WOW!! Gives me hope for my B-17 build. Bravo Zulu, Sir. Best, LB
                      I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                      ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                      ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

Originally posted by Elbee View Post

F106DD, WOW!! Gives me hope for my B-17 build. Bravo Zulu, Sir. Best, LB
                        Thanks LB! Good luck on your B-17, will definitely want to see photos of that project! I partially consider this covering job as preparing for whenever Flightline decides to release a B-29 :).

Comment

Finally got the B-25 outside for our club’s Warbird Event this weekend! Still have a few wiring and battery compartment mods to go before the maiden.

Comment

Beautiful job on that flite metal! I have always wanted to do that to one of my warbirds. What's your thoughts on the process? Was it as time consuming and maddening as it looks?
                            My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

Originally posted by Aros View Post
                              Beautiful job on that flite metal! I have always wanted to do that to one of my warbirds. What's your thoughts on the process? Was it as time consuming and maddening as it looks?
                              Totally missed your reply! Yes. It was exactly as time consuming as it looks. It has taken about a year to get it finished to my standards. However, the end result was worth it!

I finally flew the maiden flight on Thursday, just in time to take it to the giant scale event at Bomber Field the next day. It flies great! The FMS power system was perfect for this model. No shortage on power, and it really slows down nicely with full flaps.

Comment

Hey, better late than never!

Wow she is simply gorgeous. Well done my friend! Glad to hear the maiden was a success!
                                My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

Totally missed your reply! Yes. It was exactly as time consuming as it looks. It has taken about a year to get it finished to my standards. However, the end result was worth it!.
                                  F106DD, Your work is simply 'outstanding". Wow. Bravo Zulu, Sir. Best, LB
                                  ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

Thanks Aros and Elbee! Its been a fun project, and I want to take what I've learned and give the same treatment to the F-86 next!

Comment

Thanks Aros and Elbee! Its been a fun project, and I want to take what I've learned and give the same treatment to the F-86 next!
                                      F106DD, Keep Killin' Me! I have 'new project envy'. Great choice. Best, LB
                                      ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

Another beautiful creation Micheal Congratulations.

Comment

Originally posted by farmflyer View Post
                                          Another beautiful creation Micheal Congratulations.
                                          Thanks Dennis!

Comment

Working...
                                          X