Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EDRC- it is also called Oracover more commonly in Europe as it is made in Germany.
    KEn

Comment

Thanks, guys. I'm almost finished. After repairing the (minor) damage, I painted the cowl (automotive 2-stage paint), added nav lights and a pilot, and I even reworked the cockpit. I also added the wheel pants and the wing struts (which I also had to paint). I'm starting with a 20cc, but I have a 35cc waiting in the background. Kinda dwarfs the dining room table.

Comment

Originally posted by EdRC View Post
        Thanks, guys. I'm almost finished. After repairing the (minor) damage, I painted the cowl (automotive 2-stage paint), added nav lights and a pilot, and I even reworked the cockpit. I also added the wheel pants and the wing struts (which I also had to paint). I'm starting with a 20cc, but I have a 35cc waiting in the background. Kinda dwarfs the dining room table.
        How in the world did you manage to split the small diameter rubber hose you have trimming out the rear edge of the Windshield? Looks nice and I look forward to hearing how it flys on the 20cc.
        I just finished mine and installed a VVRC 40cc Twin engine. Both Cylinder Heads do protrude out the sides of Cowl - not Scale of course but still looks pretty cool. A real challenge getting the Cowl on but it can be done with the Plugs and Plug Caps removed.
        Ken

Comment

Thanks! I split the rubber hose by first inserting a dowel to straighten it. I then leaned a straight edge on it and used an X-acto to cut along the edge. Nice straight cut. The windshield is from a 2-liter bottle of Root Beer. I used a heat gun to help form it.

That VV40cc of yours should really make it sing.

Comment

Hey folks. Two questions:

1) CG location: The manual says 100mm back from leading edge. Sounds good to me, but some guy on YouTube said 123mm. Your thoughts/experiences?

2) Do I check CG with the tank empty or full? I ask because the center of my tank is located about 20mm ahead of the CG, so the CG won't be constant as it empties.

thanks

Comment

I actually finished mine well over a year ago but have not flown it yet. No matter what I've tried I can't get the elevator and rudder servos to stop buzzing at neutral. I've tried all the usual remedies including the servo tester, balancer, centering thingy. I have a DX-18 radio and I've tried every feature. I've concluded that this plane's fuselage is way too long for pushrods. A better design would've installed the tail feather servos near the tail feathers so that's my plan. To modify the rear of the fuselage in such a way that I can install the servos close to the surfaces they move. By the way I just received the smaller Ryan STA from Tower today. Haven't unboxed it yet but I know it's smaller than the Black Horse. I'll post pictures later on.

Comment

Hello.
                I am planning to buy the Ryan STA. Does anyone have pictures with a twin cilinder engine? I was wondering how much the cilinders sticks out of the engine cowling. My engine is 200mm wide
                Brgds,
                Didier

Comment

This photo shows my VVRC 40cc Twin with mini plugs. Get any larger and you may have to split the cowl.

Comment

This photo shows my VVRC 40cc Twin with mini plugs. Get any larger and you may have to split the cowl.

Comment

Comment

Thanks!!!
                        Do you have a picture from the front side?
                        I have an OS FF320 Pegasus and the engine has the same wide as your engine. As I don’t like Piper Cubs and Flybaby’s, this might be a nice model for it.

Comment

There room in the nose for a 32oz fuel tank in these? Thinking of using one as an excuse to fly my Super Tiger G3250 and that voracious SOB needs every drop it can get haha. 32oz tank is prolly only gonna give me 7-9 minutes depending on how heavy my left thumb gets, sooo.....

Also, question for the guys flying these electric: how's prop clearance on them? The engine I'm looking to use on it swings anything from an 18-8 to 20-8 prop which is WAAAYYY bigger than the recommended gas engines can swing and I plan on running an 18-8 or 18-10 on it. But if the GC is there I might go with a 19" prop.

Comment

Working...
                          X