Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Pandora is the plane I was trained on and would consider myself an intermediate pilot at this time but I still like flying this plane in the low wing tail dragger configuration. However, I would like a little more power by using a 2200 4S instead of the recommended 3S. I'll be updating the ESC to 50AMPs but was wondering if anyone had any recommendations on a motor as I assume the bigger battery won't be good with the stock motor.

Thanks.

Comment

Just a quick PSA - I used a little purple loctite (the weakest one) on the screws holding the wings on (the small screws that go into the plastic tabs) and 3 of the 4 tabs broke. No impact or stress on the tabs - literally broke while sitting on a table. Looks like Loctite made the plastic swell & break right at the metal threaded inserts. I'll be permanently glueing this set of wings on. If you want to put something there to keep these tiny screws from loosening, try something else.

Comment

Use Foam Tac on plastic surfaces. It will keep the screws tight but you can easily remove them. All Loctite products will melt plastic.

Comment

Hi I love flying my Pandora, I did have a little crash and now I have a problem. I hit a power line and I was moving at a pretty good clip. Anyway my problem is now my motor mounting plate in the plane is loose. I need to figure out how to make this more steady, way to loose to fly this way. I am thinking of putting some spray foam behind it to push it forward. Any thoughts would be grateful. Thanks in advance.

Comment

Steve53 welcome to the Squawk. Foam will eventually wear down from vibration and the mount will be loose again. Try epoxy or gorilla glue and hold the mount in place until the glue sets up. Good luck.

Comment

Thanks I'll try glue first.

Comment

I was really enjoying this plane all the way up till I flew it into a tree way down at the end of the field that I fly at. Kinda sucked. ok well not kinda. it did. loss of depth perception. Never could find the darn thing. The problem was made even more difficult because the tree line is covered up with underbrush and debris from a series of tornado's that came through a few years ago. I thought about buying something else but decided that this plane is still the best plane for me as a beginner. Have to order another one now. Was doing pretty good too otherwise. Its funny to say but I really did not see that one coming. lol. I really thought I knew exactly where it was in the sky. Clearly not. I just dont know how to correct that kind of mistake. Oh well Ill figure it out.

Comment

Hy guys. Any insights | experience | feedback using a TWO blade prop (= APC 11 x 7) with the standard ESC - motor combo - instead of the 3 blade one?

Comment

Stock prop is 11 x 6 x 3. Rule of thumb ................... If you go down one blade, you can go up one diameter OR go up one pitch without changing motor or ESC, so IE ................... 11 x 7 x 2. Always balance any prop.

Comment

Stock ESC is 30 A if I remember right. It's pretty close to the lower limit of acceptance. I upgraded to a 50 A and one of mine is using the motor out of an E Flite Spitfire. I could run that one 4s with a five blade prop on it, might be interesting... problem is the spinner.

Grossman56
                      Team Gross!

Comment

I did the same with my Pandora. I upgraded to a 50A ESC and put the motor from the Roc Hobby Waco. A definite improvement.

Comment

Did the same with P-1 Waco motor and 50A ESC. Great combination!
                          Team Gross!

Comment

I have misplaced my 2 wing mount screws. Does anyone know the size of the screws?

Comment

They are PM3 25MM.

Comment

Working...
                              X