X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by OV10 View Post
    LMFAO.........I new there was a reason I liked you when I first met ya!!!!
    Yep, and another reason to be at Nefi. That's okay CB, do the engine mod to the F7F, but don't tell him, then you can brag that the F7F is just a faster bird right out of the box!!
    See who's checking out whose derriere
    As those of you who weren't there can probably tell by now, we had a great time last year!!

Grossman56
    Team Gross!

Comment

• Lon and Tired Iron, thanks! I'm going to stop worrying about a non problem.
      ---
      Warbirder

Comment

• Your the man TiredIron!!!
        Lon

EFlite F-16 80mm, EFite DRACO, EFlite Night Radian, E-Flite P51 1.5m
        Freewing A-10 80mm, F-86 80mm, F-15 90mm, Avanti. FMS DHC-2 Beaver, Fliteline P-38L ,HSD HME-262, HSD F86.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lon View Post

Your the man TiredIron!!!
          No, but I know Him :)
          TiredIron Aviation
          Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• And to further double down on the ESC red wire concerns and put it to rest:
            FlightLine had worked with their ESC provider to design a proprietary unit for use in their twin applications which started with the Lightning and is also used on the Tigercat. There was conflicting info about this red wire issue until my writing on 12/20/16 and Alpha's confirming response over on the F7F thread.
            Here's the three post that confirm resolution if you care to understand the history:

Best regards,
            Warbird Charlie
            HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• I'm thinking about picking up the 7f7 too. Both are really awesome full scale planes too

Comment

• Originally posted by rifleman_btx View Post
                I'm thinking about picking up the 7f7 too. Both are really awesome full scale planes too
                I love my P-38 but the F7F is a much better flying plane in my opinion.
                TiredIron Aviation
                Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• I love my P-38 as well but I have to admit she's fairly heavy and wish she had a bit lighter wing load. But still a joy to fly.
                  My YouTube RC videos:
                  https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• I like the take down capability of both for transport. That's another reason I'm interested in having both planes

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post
                      I love my P-38 as well but I have to admit she's fairly heavy and wish she had a bit lighter wing load. But still a joy to fly.
                      What is the all up weight of yours? My plane with the single 5000 feels light.

Comment

• I haven't weighed her AUW but she feels heavy to me, and has the flight characteristics of a heavier bird. I'm still trying to figure out why she wants to snap roll in banking left turns with normal rudder inputs (not too much rudder, but very sensitive to rudder input in a banking turn). She even started to spin in once right above a tree line and thankfully I was able to get her out of it. Checked all my control surfaces and there's no clear smoking gun as to the cause.
                        My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Are you carrying enough speed through the turn? It sounds like what my mini skyhunter would do and I found moving the cg back just alittle helped tremendously. All it took was about an 1/8" and the plane was solid from then on. It's similar to an accelerated stall. One wing looses all lift and it falls out into a spin sometimes unrecoverable. I would give that a shot.

Comment

• Yes I keep the airspeed up in the turns. I may add differential aileron mix as well. I've played with the CG countless times and I feel where I have it right now is a good spot.
                            My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Man that sure is strange. Hope the mix works. Got me at a loss then. Mine flies really well on my setup. :/

Comment

• The P-38 was my first step up from 1100mm-class [single-engine] warbirds. During the first flight (and some of the second), the relatively high-speed that was required for the P-38 was a bit unnerving to me (in fact, I was nervous as hell during the P-38 maiden flight). Our club president was standing beside me for the first few flights and had to repeatedly remind me to keep the speed up, especially in the turns. Since then, I have gotten much more comfortable with the flying characteristics, and love that the heavier mass of this plane lets it somewhat thumb its nose at the wind. It's a big difference between a 2.5 - 3# plane and an 8# plane, especially unstabilized. The Tigercat is on my list, too. After recently picking up a Freewing Mossie, I'm becoming a twin-engine junkie. Unfortunately, my wife has put me on a new-plane-purchase moratorium; so, I may have to wait until Mothers' Day to get it. <big evil grin> If drop off the face of the Earth after Mothers' Day, you'll know why. :rolleyes:

Chuck
                                P.S. As long as she doesn't see the box(es), though, she won't know that the fleet is continuing to grow.
                                ---
                                Warbirder

Comment

• Have it shipped across the street lol!

Comment

• He who dies with the most planes wins! Happy New Year, Brad

Comment

• Originally posted by Oxotnik View Post
                                      I'm becoming a twin-engine junkie.
                                      I totally get what you mean thus my user title.........let the hoarding begin!!! :)
                                      Warbird Charlie
                                      HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Aros. I keep thinking too much elevator maybe?

Comment

• There's a strong candidate for that problem as well

Comment

Working...
                                          X