Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You mean the P40s that midaired? And yes we had gunpods in many planes to include B25s in most instances

Comment

• Originally posted by rifleman_btx View Post
      You mean the P40s that midaired? And yes we had gunpods in many planes to include B25s in most instances
      Yeah but the pods on the B-25, B-26, A-26, etc. aren't gun pods in the modern sense. As in mounting on a missile/tank hardpoint and being easily removable.

My gallery keeps growing. Found 54 new examples today, bringing the grand total up to 297. Never thought it would get this big. While I was searching for new aircraft I stumbled across this, while reminded me of one of the saddest potential components of returning to normal life after war.

Comment

• Yup my ex wife didnt even wait til I was out of BCT before she ran off, the divorce was finalized on a mission from tallil Iraq to Camp Liberty in BIOP. I would tell you what I had to say about her but I don't feel like being banned at the moment.

Comment

• Hey everyone, I got my P38 this past weekend and ,wow, I couldn' be anymore impressed. Starting out I'm keeping everything stock, but this sensitive CG is driving me nuts. I read on here the range is 65-75mm from the leading edge at the engine nacelles. Playing with various batteries I was able to get it flight level at 70mm splitting the difference. It's just that tapping the nose or tail it will fall that way. I guess I'm use to my Corsair and other planes which will see-saw a bit.

I read on RC groups where some guys are running 6S lipos. I haven' ran my volt/amp reader on the plane, but wouldn' 22Vdc be too much for these ESCs and motor.

I am going to run some single 5400mah batteries for short flights and a mix of doubles as well. I did notice that with one battery hooked up on the left side the gear, elevator and lights still worked, but the rudder didn't. I didn't have the Ailerons hooded up since I'm taking the wings off and on all the time and don't want to wear out the plugs. It was just an observation.

Can' wait to maiden this new gal though. Any tips would be appreciated.

Comment

• I ran mine on a single 5000mah battery. I could get around 5:30 a flight, however this is with the extra weight and drag of fpv gear, so normal Los could net me 6 mins. I had built a parallel adaptor for both this plane and my tigercat, I firmly believe this is the safest way to fly. As I have crashed my first one when my single battery configuration lost a cell and went to LVC on setup to land while waiting for another to get off the runway.

Comment

You mean the P40s that midaired? And yes we had gunpods in many planes to include B25s in most instances
              Definitely not P-40s. The P-40 has an extremely identifiable bevel on the rear tailplane, pointed out in the first attached image.

Originally posted by rifleman_btx View Post
              I ran mine on a single 5000mah battery. I could get around 5:30 a flight, however this is with the extra weight and drag of fpv gear, so normal Los could net me 6 mins. I had built a parallel adaptor for both this plane and my tigercat, I firmly believe this is the safest way to fly. As I have crashed my first one when my single battery configuration lost a cell and went to LVC on setup to land while waiting for another to get off the runway.
              Wow. I'm an electronics hobbyist and it still took me this long to realize I was mixing up "series" and "parallel". I need to build a PARALLEL adapter in order to run 2 batteries into the ESCs as a single unit. God I'm stupid sometimes.

On another note, I threw together a mockup of my cockpit nacelle design. Pretty happy with it.

Comment

• If you slow the video down you can see the beveled cut on the tail and the two nubs for the landing gear in the forward part of the main wing. It's very quick to spot but they are there, as there really is only one frame in the video you can see it clearly, but then as the planes fall it looks like a solid tail without the notch. The other reason you can't see it so clear is because they are turning top towards the camera and the tail planes cover eachother right after contact making it very hard to see. I saw it at full speed, but all the details are there, However in not so plain of view. If you turn the plane near inverted and canopy to us in your pic, put it in gray scale you will see what I'm talking about.

. I'm glad you got the series and parallel straight, yikes that could have been a mess!:Whew:

now to the mockup, I like that!:Cool:

Comment

Yup my ex wife didnt even wait til I was out of BCT before she ran off, the divorce was finalized on a mission from tallil Iraq to Camp Liberty in BIOP. I would tell you what I had to say about her but I don't feel like being banned at the moment.
                  Ow! Talk about a kick in the stones. Reminds m e of when my fiance wrote me a Dear John when I was in basic back in 69'

Comment

• Yeah that one hurt like hell. Not just cause she left like that, but because she took my 3 boys away.

Comment

• Originally posted by SoLongSidekick View Post

Yeah but the pods on the B-25, B-26, A-26, etc. aren't gun pods in the modern sense. As in mounting on a missile/tank hardpoint and being easily removable.

My gallery keeps growing. Found 54 new examples today, bringing the grand total up to 297. Never thought it would get this big. While I was searching for new aircraft I stumbled across this, while reminded me of one of the saddest potential components of returning to normal life after war.
                      Could be a Curtiss RA-25A

Comment

• hi guys, i just had my P-38 "thoughts of midnight" out last week and made a quick video of how well this model can take off and land in grass. i do have the oleo strut upgrade and some dubro diamond tread wheels on my model. it really handles rough grass well and of course what a fantastic model! i hope you all enjoy it! ( if i can remember how to attach a video!)

AKA meltor

Comment

• I wasnt sure I caught it correctly, did you say 3000mah 3S packs?

Comment

• yes that was my mistake i ment 3000 mah packs. sorry for the confusion.
                            AKA meltor

Comment

• No worries, I've been debating going 4000 or not. My first packs will be 2700 as that is all I have at the moment besides the 4000 packs I have for the tigercat. And 3000 was my mid option, of such I would have to buy. however I like the idea of keeping my batteries uniform between planes so to keep my buying packs to a minimum.

Comment

• i dont mind the 4000 packs in this model it seems to pack a little more punch and another 2 min to flight times but you do notice the extra weight . i really like the 3000 4s 35c as it flys allot more nimble and still makes 5 min + flight times.
                                AKA meltor

Comment

• Ah yeah, that is true, my first one I was flying with a single 5000mah battery. I'm not really looking for that performance in a heavier 2 pack setup. I'm also doing a parallel adaptor kinda for a safety thing incase of what happened with my 5000 pack, I had a cell let go in flight and the plane fell right out of the sky like a brick. I rather have some sort of a relative backup of sorts with two batteries keeping the voltage safe if one battery pops a cell in flight. Seems to be the best way in my mind for redundancy in power supply.

Comment

• i havnt run a single 5000mah yet but i had a pair of 4000 from another model and i bought a pair of the admiral 3000 35c 4s for this model when i ordered it.at first i was really thinking about buying another pair of 4000s but after a dozen flights i was really hooked on the lighter 3000 packs. with the 4000s i was really adding allot of elevator and nearly stalling with full flaps. i really like the 3000 packs as i dont need full flaps and can slow down much better when landing.
                                    AKA meltor

Comment

• yes, and like you say , it is a good idea to have the 2 packs in case if one side goes down.
                                      AKA meltor

Comment

• Upon hearing this what I might do is actually stick with the 2700 packs, will have to see how she flys and go from there.

Comment

• SLS, here's your answer I was right in that it was a curtiss plane but they were the helldivers not P40s.

Comment

Working...
                                          X