Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don’t do telemetry and it may be a great thing… I simply have a timer that I adjust to have 3.8V/ cell when I land. 3.8 is what I use for storage and it’s also a great voltage to allow you a couple go arounds if needed.

Comment

• Me too Evan! The other aspects are:
      -How short of a charge time do you want and
      -How long do you want your barrerie$ to last

Example: I have enough batteries and chargers so when the last full battery is used, the first “used” battery is re-charged and ready to go again. A bit tricky to manage, but experimentation is the guide. I can fly continuously with quick pit stops to load in another battery.

The other thing to consider is HOW LONG DO YOU WANT YOUR BATTERIES TO LAST! Drawing down to a lower voltage will shorten the life of the battery as Evan points out.

I fly a lot, so long battery life (not run time) is important. I also stop at 3.8V minimum.

Last point….the voltage fall off is not linear. Once a certain voltage is reached, the voltage goes over a cliff. Thus, getting close to 3.6V puts you close to the cliff’s edge. Go over the cliff, and you rapidly damage the battery.

-GG

Comment

Working...
      X