Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've been eyeballin' this plane since it was first released. Motion just dropped the price by $50 so I couldn't resist.
    Lots of good tips and tricks on this forum.
    Built a 100" WS Yellow P-38 and painted it in McGuire's 'Pudgy IV' scheme.

Comment

• Originally posted by WWIIP38 View Post
      I've been eyeballin' this plane since it was first released. Motion just dropped the price by $50 so I couldn't resist.
      WP, Welcome to Hobby Squawk, Sir. Great looking build on your 100" fork-tailed devil. Looking forward to seeing what you might do to the 1600 mm. Best, LB
      I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
      ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
      ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

I've been eyeballin' this plane since it was first released. Motion just dropped the price by $50 so I couldn't resist.
        Man after my own heart, fellow P-38 groupie. Welcome!
        My YouTube RC videos:
        https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Lightning arrived yesterday. I'm very impressed with the quality and details.
          Got the wheels painted and started balancing the props/spinners.

Comment

• Hi WWIIP38,
            To save you some digging, here is a link to posts with many tips….worth a read prior to the maiden flight.

https://www.hobbysquawk.com/forum/rc...340#post331340

https://www.hobbysquawk.com/forum/rc...705#post343705

And read 4272 following the above.

-GG

Comment

• Originally posted by GliderGuy View Post
              Hi WWIIP38,
              To save you some digging, here is a link to posts with many tips….worth a read prior to the maiden flight.

https://www.hobbysquawk.com/forum/rc...340#post331340

https://www.hobbysquawk.com/forum/rc...705#post343705

And read 4272 following the above.

-GG
              GG,
              Thank you very much!
              Great to have useful tips from someone who has a lot of experience with this plane.
              Also, saves a lot of time sifting through 220 pages of forum posts.
              Here a few of the other birds in my hanger;

Comment

• Couple of recommended books from my library;

Comment

• What is the paint code for touch up paint on the Olive Drab version?

Comment

• I just obtained a used P-38 in great condition. I noticed while reading through the 220 pages that there is an improved propeller backplate. Motion RC shows the original ones. If I order from Motion, will I get the new, improved backplates??
                    Thanks in advance,

Comment

• Originally posted by BigJim45 View Post
                      I just obtained a used P-38 in great condition. I noticed while reading through the 220 pages that there is an improved propeller backplate. Motion RC shows the original ones. If I order from Motion, will I get the new, improved backplates??
                      Thanks in advance,
                      Yes, the ones they are selling now are the improved version.
                      In my recent order with Motion, the kit and spare spinners both had improved backplates.

Comment

• Thank you, WWIIP38 !!

Comment

• Elevator control horn reinforcement; thin aluminum.

Comment

• So far I've been lucky with mine, I can't even remember how old the airframe is now, but it is from just when they switched to the single connector to the outer wing, not sure when they swapped the spinner plates, but I believe mine are still the original ones. Flew it the other day, and still love it.

Comment

• Jumper for using 2 batteries. If one battery fails both motors keep running.

Comment

• Originally posted by GliderGuy View Post
                                Hi Bartje,

I have built 2 P-38s over time. No real issues with the decals sticking albeit not securely.

Paint over the decals with a UV protective, water based Varithane or SPAR Urethane satin finish or crystal clear paint, and the decals won’t come off. Example below…

Might as well paint the entire bird while you are at it for UV protection.

-GG
                                Got the issue sorted with some thinned down wood glue.
                                Brushed onto the decal it also allows you to slide it around a bit, and dries transparently.
                                Requires some drying time though.So far still attached. The other decals start to peel off after a few flights, PU coating is next on the list. 😁
                                Attached Files

Comment

Jumper for using 2 batteries. If one battery fails both motors keep running.
                                  I run all my twins in this way, except my Cessna 310.

Comment

• Planes of Fame P-38
                                    Attached Files

Comment

• Hey folks
                                      I fly off grass and have done two flights on the P38, second one ended in a face plant. Am replacing the nose pin and have an issue with the mains. They get hung up when just a half wheel remaining to full retract position and the doors won't close over the gear. Both sides. Called MRC, they said to cycle the gear with a servo tester, which I did and this did not fix the problem. They deploy fine and are not impacting anything during the retract cycle. I have seen posts about the gear getting jammed in the up position due to getting bent but nothing on not retracting fully. Can anyone suggest what might be the fix? Thanks​

Comment

• Did you get the upgraded struts? My guess is the the retract body got cracked, or damaged worm gear

Comment

• P-38 art

Comment

Working...
                                          X