Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The great thing about this event is that it is always very well documented by several skilled photographers. And we continue to get pics from them weeks, and sometimes months, after the event.
    Pat

Comment

• Thanks for the info on the upgraded struts..I'll keep checking.

Comment

• Hello everyone,
        Ths is my first post here. I'm in the process of assembling the P38. Had a bad motor right out of the box and Motion has replacement in route. Defective bearing.
        I have read every post on this thread and seen about all videos posted. Been taking all the advice and been putting it to use with the assembly and mods. Going to install the FL strut upgrade when back in stock, hopefully on the next container
        in the meantime, I airbrushed the plain stock struts and touched up with light weathering

Here are a few pics of progress

Comment

• Welcome to the fourm.beautiful work.
          Dewey l

Comment

• Hey Fast Eddie, +1 on the welcome and the workmanship. I'm curious about your stand. It seems to work great and I'm thinking about doing something similar but just wondering why you didn't join the two parts of the stand together at the bottom for instance or is it a space issue? I see you have foam on the lower part of the stand as well. Is that for supporting the wings when the plane is inverted in the stand? Just wondering, Brad

Comment

• downwindleg; here is the stand I made.

Comment

• Originally posted by downwindleg View Post
                Hey Fast Eddie, +1 on the welcome and the workmanship. I'm curious about your stand. It seems to work great and I'm thinking about doing something similar but just wondering why you didn't join the two parts of the stand together at the bottom for instance or is it a space issue? I see you have foam on the lower part of the stand as well. Is that for supporting the wings when the plane is inverted in the stand? Just wondering, Brad
                This stand works great for me. Easy to flip the plane over and place on it. And works great with my other single engine planes.
                Lon

EFlite F-16 80mm, EFite DRACO, EFlite Night Radian, E-Flite P51 1.5m
                Freewing A-10 80mm, F-86 80mm, F-15 90mm, Avanti. FMS DHC-2 Beaver, Fliteline P-38L ,HSD HME-262, HSD F86.

Comment

• The plane fits in the cradles inverted as well. the stand was going to be one piece but i glued a tee on wrong, so ended up with two.
                  The bottom padded section is for the wings when not attached
                  One thing to remember when gluing your stand together is to work on a hard flat surface and keep everything square so the stand does not wobble when completed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lon View Post

This stand works great for me. Easy to flip the plane over and place on it. And works great with my other single engine planes.
                    That works even better,

Comment

• Here's a shot of the 38 loaded in the back of the Traverse with the stand. Yes, weather is great. Loading up the 38 and 86 for some flights now!!
                      Lon

EFlite F-16 80mm, EFite DRACO, EFlite Night Radian, E-Flite P51 1.5m
                      Freewing A-10 80mm, F-86 80mm, F-15 90mm, Avanti. FMS DHC-2 Beaver, Fliteline P-38L ,HSD HME-262, HSD F86.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lon View Post

Yep, Lon's design is great, we took pics of it at Nefi and Diane made me on for my planes.

Grossman56
                        Team Gross!

Comment

• Nice work and welcome Fast Eddie! Great shots Pat!
                          My YouTube RC videos:
                          https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	7077__51204.1426273277.1020.1020_1024x1024.jpeg
Views:	480
Size:	118.1 KB
ID:	50056 For those confused about the screw designations, this from Motion:

The PA screws have the wood thread, the PM's use a machine thread and the PT's are are for plastic. The number is the length of the screw for all of them. Look at the chart I found as it may help but the PT does not appear on there. You have to count them out first and kinda of deduce from there what is what.
                            Bob Duncan

The only real helicopter is the CH-47 Chinook. The rest are just sling loads!

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros.MotionRC View Post
                              Nice work and welcome Fast Eddie! Great shots Pat!
                              Thank you Aros, I hope to maiden as soon as I get the replacement motor from Motion

Comment

• Here's my post in another thread of my pvc stand for the P38

http://www.hobbysquawk.com/forum/rc-...r-my-flrc-p-38

scroll down to post 14

Comment

• Looks good Tsmith,welcome to the forum as well!!

Grossman56
                                  Team Gross!

Comment

• Maiden today went great. No inflight trim necessary. All control surface settings set up per manual.
                                    checked all hardware after landing and all was tight and secure. Will post video after I get You Tube set up
                                    Now I am just waiting for the strut upgrade to be back in stock

Comment

• Can anybody help where I can find the Aluminum screen material ( square patches ) for covering the engine cowls and radiators
                                      I appreciate it
                                      Thanks
                                      Eddie

Comment

• Originally posted by Fast Eddie View Post
                                        Can anybody help where I can find the Aluminum screen material ( square patches ) for covering the engine cowls and radiators
                                        I appreciate it
                                        Thanks
                                        Eddie
                                        Got mine at Ace Hardware. I had to buy a small roll tho. You can even try Lowe's or Home Depot.
                                        Bob Duncan

The only real helicopter is the CH-47 Chinook. The rest are just sling loads!

Comment

• Originally posted by BadBob View Post

Got mine at Ace Hardware. I had to buy a small roll tho. You can even try Lowe's or Home Depot.
                                          I tried Home Depot and Lowe's, only had black. Will try Ace

Thanks
                                          Eddie

Comment

Working...
                                          X