Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gorgeous shots, Bajora, yesterday someone called in to ask "What is 'Model Aviation'" and "Where can I get it" because they had read this thread and everyone's chatter about the P-38 being in a Model Aviation article. It goes to show that no matter how large or widespread we are, there are always new eyes and new pilots out there to win!
    Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• I like the detailing you added Alpha. This will be the first model in my inventory that I intend to put some extra effort into. With that said, this is my first pre-order. This waiting around for the arrival of a shipment is torment. I'm so excited for it to be delivered. My list of modifications, setups, and such is getting out of hand. February just can't end soon enough.

Comment

• My word Bajora, that last photo looks like the real thing! I can't tell the difference!
        My YouTube RC videos:
        https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• I am extremely fortunate to get my hands on a lot of models and I have to say, this one has me excited and anticipating my next outing with it every morning when I wake up! And FWIW, the photos I am sharing here are the ones that are not making the cut and not being submitted to the magazine. This P-38 looks fantastically real in the air! I love the look of that last photo too Aros... Looks all business, just like the real airplane.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post
            Gorgeous shots, Bajora, yesterday someone called in to ask "What is 'Model Aviation'" and "Where can I get it" because they had read this thread and everyone's chatter about the P-38 being in a Model Aviation article. It goes to show that no matter how large or widespread we are, there are always new eyes and new pilots out there to win!

FWIW, I believe non-subscribers CAN buy just one digital issue? If they are not an AMA member. Not sure about print though.

Comment

• Nah, he's signing up for a full subscription once we told him what it was. He was so excited! We encounter new people every day stumbling upon the world of RC for the first time. It's a great feeling :)

Comment

• Looks Fantastic Alpha, nice work, not a really long list to make her VERY sweet. Was it difficult to remove the canopy for the paintwork ?
                rc flyin addict

Comment

• Nice shots bajora. Can't wait to get my hands on one of these. :)

Comment

• Allied Green heading back into the blue skies of Northern California this AM! Sunny and 70+ degrees here today makes it a perfect day!

Comment

• I swapped out my gear, as mentioned by Alpha. DuBro low bounce 2.75 " on the mains, with one of the old mains moved to the nose. As seen in the photo above. :)

Comment

• Great photo Bajora, really looking forward to this plane! Any chance you know what the maximum thickness of wheel is that will fit on the shaft? I am looking at using some 3" wheels and want to know if they will fit..

Comment

• Originally posted by Bajora View Post
                          I swapped out my gear, as mentioned by Alpha. DuBro low bounce 2.75 " on the mains, with one of the old mains moved to the nose. As seen in the photo above. :)
                          so what's that make the original mains, and now your nose wheel? 2.5 I know its in here somewhere.

Comment

• Found it. 65 mm mains 2.5 and 60mm nose 2.25.

Comment

• And a few more to tide you pre-ordering enthusiasts over ... the included lights are pretty visible, even on a bright sunny day.

Comment

• Looks great, Bajora! Thanks for sharing something to tide us over. We're only about 5-6 weeks away and the first shipments are almost sold out so if you're on the fence, now's the time to decide! On the one hand I hoped we would have some units available when your Model Aviation article was published in ~4 weeks from now, which at this rate unless we're able to supplement with a quickfire secondary shipment shortly thereafter won't be the case, but on the other hand it is extremely encouraging to see the community's excitement for this P-38 and selling it out so quickly. I'm certain that once the first waves of customers receive theirs, we'll ramp up production to meet demand and keep them in stock so everyone who wants one can have one at this great price.

We hope that kind of excitement and early adoption encourages manufacturers to continue to invest in these larger aircraft projects.

Comment

• The crew at the field where I fly sure is excited about this model. Several of them were trying to talk me into selling THIS one to them today!:p

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post
                                    Looks great, Bajora! Thanks for sharing something to tide us over. We're only about 5-6 weeks away and the first shipments are almost sold out so if you're on the fence, now's the time to decide! On the one hand I hoped we would have some units available when your Model Aviation article was published in ~4 weeks from now, which at this rate unless we're able to supplement with a quickfire secondary shipment shortly thereafter won't be the case, but on the other hand it is extremely encouraging to see the community's excitement for this P-38 and selling it out so quickly. I'm certain that once the first waves of customers receive theirs, we'll ramp up production to meet demand and keep them in stock so everyone who wants one can have one at this great price.

We hope that kind of excitement and early adoption encourages manufacturers to continue to invest in these larger aircraft projects.
                                    I had asked for a P-38 so many times on blogs that when she came up and looked to good I felt obligated to pull the trigger right quick :shy:
                                    Great picks and look Bajora, more vid always a plus :cool: Wheels look perfect, did you roll her on any grass yet ?

Alpha, any picks of your cockpit work ? Was it difficult to get the canopy off ? Sweet lookin 4 sure

Thanks
                                    rc flyin addict

Comment

• Just too good to pass up on this one. (Patiently sitting in the corner waiving an Aussie flag) ;)
                                      (- *That's a not too subtle hint not to forget your mates down under alpha, I know you are working on Aussie distribution already and this takes time - but it's going to kill me when people start getting theirs and posting flight reports though. Can't wait for this one, gotta have it. :)

Ps. Great pics bajora. Almost enough to make me rethink silver... Almost. ;) green revision looks good in these pics.

Comment

• Love the new forum banner with the P-38! I was not able to pre-order one, but I hope to have one from the second shipment.
                                        Pat

Comment

• Originally posted by crxmanpat View Post
                                          Love the new forum banner with the P-38! I was not able to pre-order one, but I hope to have one from the second shipment.
                                          pre order sold out ? And yes, banner is bad a_ _ :o)) Sweeet, at our club meeting today she came up , folks looking forward to seeing her in person ! I don't believe I have ever been this stoked about a new plane.
                                          rc flyin addict

Comment

Working...
                                          X