Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RE: Official Announcement: FlightLine 1600mm P-38 Lightning!!!

Originally posted by roys001
    OK, I hate to be the dumb one but...
    Who is Callie? I'm relatively new to this and I have not context for that reference.
    Callie runs a company called Callie Graphics that specializes in making custom vinyl decals for model airplanes: http://www.callie-graphics.com. She has a large selection of decals she has already made, but also can work with you to create specialized markings for a particular model or paint scheme. She has very reasonable prices and is excellent to work with!
    [hr]
    Oops, looks like you beat me to it Bajora.

Comment

Thank you Bajora and F106DeltaDart. I will be checking into her site. Thank you for the quick response.

Comment

Bajora...

Couldn't help but notice you are currently building the P-38 (blessed fella you) ...what do you think my chances of getting that puppy in my 04' Mustang are? I'm thinking wings off and gear up it should be doable...

I'd ask what your impressions are so far but I'm betting you're saving the good stuff for your article... :D

Thanks,

SM
        Big time propeller head
        Love flying scale and 3D
        Currently building a GP SE5A

Comment

I believe my checkbook will take a hit very soon...Looks to be a great model!

Comment

+1 On Callie, she has done some great work for my fleet, highly recomended.
            rc flyin addict

Comment

Speaking of graphics and Callie - should we be looking at 1/10th scale decals and pilot figures?

TwistedGrin

Comment

Originally posted by TwistedGrin
                Speaking of graphics and Callie - should we be looking at 1/10th scale decals and pilot figures?

TwistedGrin
                I think that would be about right myself... But best to ask. She has a real knack for knowing what works best. I had her do N numbers on a Dynam cropduster and didn't specify anything which worried me but they fit perfectly.
                Lauren

Comment

Originally posted by Starck Mad
                  Bajora...

Couldn't help but notice you are currently building the P-38 (blessed fella you) ...what do you think my chances of getting that puppy in my 04' Mustang are? I'm thinking wings off and gear up it should be doable...

I'd ask what your impressions are so far but I'm betting you're saving the good stuff for your article... :D

Thanks,

SM
                  Adam, nice to run into you over here! Once I have it somewhat assembled, I will try to throw out some dimensions of the airframe with the booms attached to the center section and the gear retracted. Or perhaps a photo of me slipping it into the back seat of my F350 extended cab?

Comment

TwistedGrin
                    I was going to recommend Aces of Iron pilots but it looks like the smallest they have is 1/8...Rats...Their 1/7 scale is what I have in my 1.7M FMS warbirds...

http://www.acesofiron.com/8th_scale.htm
                    My YouTube RC videos:
                    https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

TwistedGrin
                      Hello Twisted,
                      I believe that Alpha remarked that it was 1/10 in his announcement.
                      And by the numbers it is as shown below:
                      Full scale wingspan: 52 ft multiplied by 12 inches divided by model span of 63 inches which equals 9.9 which is 1/10th if your not a purist ;)
                      Best regards, 
                      Warbird Charlie
                      HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

I mentioned yesterday that we're calling this 1/10, and that Callie has 1/10 P-38 graphics. To see the 1/10 scale option, you'll need to select the scale from the drop down menu on her website's product page for each specific graphics set. Or, just email her and say you want it in 1/10. She's excellent!

You're right OV10, the FlightLine P-38 is technically a 1/9.9 scale, but given that modeling never uses a decimal in their scale, we simplified to "1/10". To get extra technical, a 1/10 P-38 would be 1585mm, so we're talking a difference of 15mm, or 0.6 inches, for the 1600mm P-38. I figured we'd like the extra half an inch, ha!

CubCrazy, there are about 80 of those stencils. Here is a photo of that set from the manual showing their layout:
                        Attached Files
                        Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Unfortunately I am finding a quality 1/10 scale WWII American pilot very hard to find. Keep your eyes open, if anyone spots one please post the link here.
                          My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

I received my Allied Green version while home for lunch this week on Tuesday. I only had a few minutes to sneak a quick peek inside the box but grabbed a camera and quickly snapped the photos I have been sharing here. The top tray (the kit is packed in two separate stacked foam trays) holds the wing center section and I hurriedly tore through the plastic bag to get a closer look at one of the included turbo-superchargers! Just look at it!

A nice scale detail, with a pretty slick looking paint job IMO.

Comment

Not sure what to think here..... I deployed an Aces of Iron 1/8th scale pilot in the HobbyKing "Avos Brand" 1200mm Yak-52 for a "Perfect" size fit!! So a 1600mm airfrmae is larger than a 1200mm airframe!!!  The pilot figure would also be larger .....at least....... I am thinking a 1/7th is larger than 1/8th?

1/4 = h5.5" w4.3" d2.8" 2.5 oz

1/5 = h4.4" w3.4" d2.1" 1.7 oz

1/7 = h3.1" w2.4" d1.5" 1.0 oz

1/8 = h2.5" w2" d1.3" 0.5 oz (1200mm Yak-52)

1/10 = smaller!!

TwistedGrin

Comment

Originally posted by Bajora
                                I received my Allied Green version while home for lunch this week on Tuesday. I only had a few minutes to sneak a quick peek inside the box but grabbed a camera and quickly snapped the photos I have been sharing here. The top tray (the kit is packed in two separate stacked foam trays) holds the wing center section and I hurriedly tore through the plastic bag to get a closer look at one of the included turbo-superchargers! Just look at it!

A nice scale detail, with a pretty slick looking paint job IMO.

Awesome! That looks great!

Comment

Wow - makes me think about changing my pre order to an OD instead of the silver !!!!! uhhh-eeek-wwrrhk-grind-@#$%.....hummmmm
                                  TwistedGrin

Comment

Wow - make me think about changing my pre order to an OD instead of the silver !!!!!
                                    TwistedGrin
                                    I've been mulling that over too. Then, I figured since it has two motors, two booms and two rudders, I'll just get two P-38's. Eventually...  :P
                                    I hate that motorcycle they make me ride. I'm here to tell you, there ain't nothing in the world I hate more than that elephant under my ass.

-Officer John Wintergreen-
                                    ElectraGlide in Blue, 1973

Comment

Man those turbos look SWEEEEEET!!
                                      My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

Well .......I know I'll be ordering up for the OD color scheme also....did the same thing on the HK 1875mm B-17 with absolutely no regrets. If I were forced to choose between those two (Silver & Green).....I'd pick both.

TwistedGrin

Comment

Not sure what to think here..... I deployed an Aces of Iron 1/8th scale pilot in the HobbyKing "Avos Brand" 1200mm Yak-52 for a "Perfect" size fit!! So a 1600mm airfrmae is larger than a 1200mm airframe!!!  The pilot figure would also be larger .....at least....... I am thinking a 1/7th is larger than 1/8th?

1/4 = h5.5"  w4.3" d2.8"  2.5 oz

1/5 = h4.4" w3.4" d2.1"  1.7 oz

1/7 =  h3.1" w2.4" d1.5"  1.0 oz

1/8 = h2.5" w2" d1.3" 0.5 oz (1200mm Yak-52)

1/10 = smaller!!
                                          It's worth snagging a 1/8 scale Aces of Iron to see if it will work...Okay, I'll be the Guinea Pig.  :)
                                          My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

Working...
                                          X